Proofs That Jesus Existed

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
bcedaifu

Re: Proofs That Jesus Existed

Post by bcedaifu »

Sheshbazzar wrote:ha'sooce is Hebrew for 'the HORSE'
Donkeys, horses, and zebras are in the same group, yet, each is distinctive, just as we and orangutans, in the same group, are easily distinguished.
Since the famous third century graffito, Alexamenos worships his god, represents someone mocking a crucified human with the head of a donkey, and since Tertullian, among others, reported that Christians in the third century worshiped donkeys, (onolatry), I must inquire, whether or not the same word, "ha'sooce" is employed in Hebrew to represent both Zebras and Donkeys? In PuTongHua, for example, horse is "ma", while donkey is "luzi", omitting the accents. We know from Tertullian
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01793c.htm
that an apostate Jew, in Carthage, home of Tertullian, displayed a figure with hooves and a donkey's head, again, representing onolatry, to mock the Christians of his day.
bcedaifu

Post by bcedaifu »

outhouse wrote:There Is no tie to any Christian activity what so ever other then a date. A coin dated to 29 is the only tie they mention
NO. WRONG.
There is no evidence of a first century practice of Christianity. The coin is evidence only of the first century TPQ. There is no connection to Christianity, whatsoever, point finale.
http://www.smithsonianeducation.org/edu ... eting.html
Writing "other than a date", suggests that the date of the coin conforms to the date when Christianity existed.
JoeWallack

Post by JoeWallack »

ARGUMENT FROM OUTHOUSE
(1) outhouse is one out of one billion Skeptics in the world.
(2) outhouse has never written a substantive post and his/her/its posts are more likely to contain the words "severe ignorance", "bias", "cherry picks", "biggest failure", "laughable", "you don't even know how to answer", "pathetic attempt", "not followed by anyone with credibility", "wreaks of conspiracy minded mentality", "YEC methodology" and "embarrassing yourself" than any relevant evidence. Its responses are so robotic that I strongly suggest Peter Kirby create one of those identify the characters above tests before it be allowed to post.
(3) outhouse thinks that doubting whether or not Jesus existed should be made fun of.
(4) outhouse is one out of one billion Skeptics in the world who has never written a substantive post and thinks that doubting whether or not Jesus existed should be made fun of.
(5) Therefore, Jesus existed.
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

bcedaifu wrote:
Sheshbazzar wrote:ha'sooce is Hebrew for 'the HORSE'
Donkeys, horses, and zebras are in the same group, yet, each is distinctive, just as we and orangutans, in the same group, are easily distinguished.
Since the famous third century graffito, Alexamenos worships his god, represents someone mocking a crucified human with the head of a donkey, and since Tertullian, among others, reported that Christians in the third century worshiped donkeys, (onolatry), I must inquire, whether or not the same word, "ha'sooce" is employed in Hebrew to represent both Zebras and Donkeys? In PuTongHua, for example, horse is "ma", while donkey is "luzi", omitting the accents. We know from Tertullian
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01793c.htm
that an apostate Jew, in Carthage, home of Tertullian, displayed a figure with hooves and a donkey's head, again, representing onolatry, to mock the Christians of his day.
LOOK at the Alexamenos Graffiti. It is said that 'a picture is worth a thousand words';

See how carefully and recognizably that equine head was portrayed ?

Now notice how small the ears are drawn ?

The most noteworthy difference in any artistic portrayal differentiating a horse from a donkey or jackass is the much larger (and usually artistically enhanced) size of the ears of the latter.
If the artist had intended to portray a donkey or jackass, the ears would have been an exaggerated feature, or at minimum portrayed much larger than in this graffito.

That is no donkey head.

Don't allow a 'Christian writings' snowjob effectively blind you to seeing the PICTURE.

שקר הסוס לתשועה וברב חילו לא ימלט׃

Sheqer Ha'Sooce le'tshua u'brov chayil'o imaleyt:
'Deceiving is The Horse for safety, and in his great power there is no escape:'

Not 'A horse ...', but 'THE Horse ...' 'Ha'Sooce'.

The Hebrew word for a 'donkey' (ass) is חמור chamowr,
'zebra' is זברה zebra (with a short 'e'), and not found in the Hebrew Tanakh/Bible.

The (Greek) Trojan 'Horse', (which is not a horse ...of course of course) therefore, Ha'Sooce ne 'JeeSUS' EXISTS,
which cannot 'help' nor 'save'. Not Alexamenos, not us, not anyone.

Sheshbazzar
bcedaifu

Post by bcedaifu »

Sheshbazzar wrote:That is no donkey head.
And, you may be absolutely correct. I am certainly no expert. The Alexamenos graffito could also be portraying a mule (sterile cross between a female donkey and a male horse). Regardless of the species intended for representation, the artistic component is quite inelegant. The graffito is clumsy, at best. One doesn't know, for sure, which animal had been intended, by the artist.

I am simply sounding a note of caution about this apparent phonemic alliteration, (Ha'Sooce and iesus) [and ieyasu http://www.samurai-archives.com/ieyasu.html ]

In the third century, CE, it seems, from the text of Tertullian, that donkey worship had been invoked to explain, scornfully, earliest Christian ceremony. As you have noted, the graffito could well represent, instead, not a donkey's head, but that of a horse.
cienfuegos

Post by cienfuegos »

a)Pontius Pilate cruciified Jesus
b)Pilate is unlikely to have crucified a mythical man
c) Therefore, Jesus existed.
cienfuegos

Post by cienfuegos »

Lunar Calendar Proof of the Hysterical Jesus

a) Jesus rose from the dead on Easter
b) Easter was on April 1st
c) April 1st is Fool's Day
d) The resurrection is an April Fool's Day prank
Therefore, the Hysterical Jesus existed...

...but, alas, remained dead.
Leucius Charinus

Post by Leucius Charinus »

Constantine's and Theodosius' Proof that Jesus Existed

1) The Jesus Story in the Very Important Bible Codex is TRUE, every last word of it.
2) If you don't believe its true I can order a sword shoved through your neck.
3) Therefore it's very TRUE that Jesus existed.

LC
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

ARGUMENT FROM PORK
1.) I like bacon.

2.) I like ham.

3.) I like roast pork.

4.) I like fried bacon rinds

5.) I like smoked pig snouts

6.) I like pickled pigs feet and cold beer.

And Holy o' 7.) Jezuz died for my sins so that I can eat all of the hogs, dogs, and wogs I wants.
Therefore, its very yummy to my tummy that good ol' zombie Jezuz exists.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JoeWallack wrote:ARGUMENT FROM OUTHOUSE
I have already placed mine Joe.

I'm not here to make fun of anyone, but some of the errors from about 90% of the people here are quite obvious.

If your game was stepped up, you wouldn't hear much from me at all.

You will also find out the more you know, the more respect you be given and would be provided a much longer leash.