Mummy Mask Manuscript Might Mean More Metaphorical Mark?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Kunigunde Kreuzerin

Re: Mummy Mask Manuscript Might Mean More Metaphorical Mark?

Post by Kunigunde Kreuzerin »

lsayre wrote:When will the text of 'Mark on a Mask' be published? Has any of it been published yet?
It was claimed first that it would be published in 2013 by Brill, than in 2015, than in 2017
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Kunigunde Kreuzerin wrote:
lsayre wrote:When will the text of 'Mark on a Mask' be published? Has any of it been published yet?
It was claimed first that it would be published in 2013 by Brill, than in 2015, than in 2017
It has been beaucoup frustrating.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Kunigunde Kreuzerin

Post by Kunigunde Kreuzerin »

Ben C. Smith wrote:
It has been beaucoup frustrating.
So far I know the situation is also a bit strange. Daniel B. Wallace and Craig Evans spoke about the ms to a wider audience and to the media. But both said that they never saw personally the papyrus. Only Scott Carroll (former director of the Green collection) and Josh McDowell claimed that, but they did not speak officially to the media. The owner of the ms and the research group seems to be rather unknown. It was claimed that Dirk Obbink was one of the experts.
davidbrainerd

Post by davidbrainerd »

Maybe they found out its not as easy to forge as they thought it would be.
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

It has dawned on me that Peter Kirby cannot be a Californian, but an Australian, as the initial letters of the title of this thread are MMMMMMMM, or expressed in mathematical terms M8, "mate!" :facepalm:

DCH
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

DCHindley wrote:It has dawned on me that Peter Kirby cannot be a Californian, but an Australian, as the initial letters of the title of this thread are MMMMMMMM, or expressed in mathematical terms M8, "mate!" :facepalm:
Egads, do you have too much time on your hands or what, David? :D
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

Ben C. Smith wrote:
DCHindley wrote:It has dawned on me that Peter Kirby cannot be a Californian, but an Australian, as the initial letters of the title of this thread are MMMMMMMM, or expressed in mathematical terms M8, "mate!" :facepalm:
Egads, do you have too much time on your hands or what, David? :D
Tough week and a need to decompress ... through humor. :cheeky: It is also my "clever" parody of "super-nit-picky-ism" and "over-jumping-to-conclusion-ism."