About your position in this table

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

About your position in this table

Post by Giuseppe »

Where are you in the following table?

http://www.egodeath.com/ScholarViewsHis ... ulAuth.htm

I am in the cell "5-3".
I think that it is necessary and very useful the distinction between "4-3" and "5-3".
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Ben C. Smith

Re: About your position in this table

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Giuseppe wrote:Where are you in the following table?

I am in the cell "5-3".
I think that it is necessary and very useful the distinction between "4-3" and "5-3".
You think that "the Paul of the Acts is the solid base of the Paulina" ("but also heretical schools contributed")? That surprises me a bit.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

The historical Paul was a Jew adorer of YHWH, ok, and a later Christian than the Pillars (in this sense Acts is "solid base") but the epistles were also interpolated later by both Gnostics and Catholics in a such manner that we may even not realize fully.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
rakovsky

Post by rakovsky »

Left hand side, left column for me: 2-4
Right hand side, top row for me: 1-2

My research on the prophecies of the Messiah's resurrection: http://rakovskii.livejournal.com
Kunigunde Kreuzerin

Post by Kunigunde Kreuzerin »

Giuseppe wrote:Where are you in the following table?

Matrix of Scholars' Views on Historical Jesus and Pauline Authenticity
1. There was a Historical Jesus who is identical with the Christ of Faith
:goodmorning:

Our new thread "Jesus and Joshua" could lead to the idea that there were some historical Christs and a Jesus of Faith :ugeek:
John T

Post by John T »

What are the scholarly credentials of Timothy Freke, Peter Gandy, or Acharya S. that allows them to be considered scholars in the poll?

This appears to be a push-poll (shaming) based on false premises by mysticists. :facepalm:
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

John T wrote:What are the scholarly credentials of Timothy Freke, Peter Gandy, or Acharya S. that allows them to be considered scholars in the poll?

This appears to be a push-poll (shaming) based on false premises by mysticists. :facepalm:
I am not sure what that second sentence means, but the table also inserts some even more questionable names into box 1-1. Mel Gibson? (Jerry) Falwell? Pat Robertson? (Jack?) van Impe? (Hank) Hanegraaf? Shmuel Boteach? (Aloisius) Ratzinger? An actor director, some televangelists, an apologist critical of the faith healing movement, a spiritual advisor to Michael Jackson, and a Pope....
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
John T

Post by John T »

Ben C. Smith wrote:
John T wrote:What are the scholarly credentials of Timothy Freke, Peter Gandy, or Acharya S. that allows them to be considered scholars in the poll?

I am not sure what that second sentence means, but the table also inserts some even more questionable names into box 1-1. Mel Gibson? (Jerry) Falwell? Pat Robertson? (Jack?) van Impe? (Hank) Hanegraaf? Shmuel Boteach? (Aloisius) Ratzinger? An actor director, some televangelists, an apologist critical of the faith healing movement, a spiritual advisor to Michael Jackson, and a Pope....
Did those above listed evangelists and Hollywood entertainers actually take the poll?
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

John T wrote:
Ben C. Smith wrote:

Did those above listed evangelists and Hollywood entertainers actually take the poll?
What poll?
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
John T

Post by John T »

Ben C. Smith wrote:What poll?
Poll, table, survey, questionnaire, what ever you want to call it.

Did those evangelists and/or Hollywood entertainers actually read the table and check the appropriate box and turn it in to the pollster or did someone else (Klaus Schilling) pigeon hole them (make it up) without their permission? :roll: