Georgetown Professor: Gospel is Homoerotic

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
stephan happy huller

Georgetown Professor: Gospel is Homoerotic

Post by stephan happy huller »

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/georget ... homoerotic

Eric Dyson: "Look through the Bible, there's a lot of interesting things. The same men who sat up in a church of all men 'I put my God, Jesus over all women, I love Him more than I love her!' Hmmm... do you really? That sounds interestingly homoerotic to people who are outside your religious tradition! I'm not suggesting it is but I'm suggesting there are some very interesting narrative tensions within the Bible itself and within Christianity beyond that."
Everyone loves the happy times
Blood

Re: Georgetown Professor: Gospel is Homoerotic

Post by Blood »

That's what you were saying in your Miguel Conner interview. People scoff at Secret Mark for its supposed homoeroticism, when just about everything in early Christian literature is extremely anti-female. Paul says it's better to not get married and of course the Jesus figure is celibate and therefore "without sin."
“The only sensible response to fragmented, slowly but randomly accruing evidence is radical open-mindedness. A single, simple explanation for a historical event is generally a failure of imagination, not a triumph of induction.” William H.C. Propp
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

The obsession with ‘sexual purity’ is shared by most religions.
Here is a sample from Hinduism
When Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura was going to Vṛndāvana, he was still attracted to women. One night he stayed at the house of a very rich merchant, and the merchant’s wife told her husband that Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura was attracted to her. She asked her husband what to do, and the merchant simply said, “Serve him.” Finally Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura came to his senses, and he thought, “These eyes are my enemies.” When the beautiful woman approached him, Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura said, “Mother, please give me the pins out of your hair. I am very mad after the beauty of women. So let me pluck out my eyes.” In this way, he blinded himself. Although he could not see, in Vṛndāvana he was supplied milk by Kṛṣṇa Himself. Thus he personally realized Kṛṣṇa through bhakti and wrote of his personal experience

In the prose part below the image of the god

http://www.harekrsna.de/artikel/govinda ... totram.htm
PhilosopherJay

Post by PhilosopherJay »

I have thought that the original gospel was written by a woman and a love story between Jesus and Mary was at the center of it. The Gospels we have now are from a group of women-hating homosexual men who changed Jesus' sexual focus from Mary to Peter.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Women are so daring and unpredictable; they are the ruin of men

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/10/25 ... n-drivers/
A sample of 'sexual purity' this time from Islam

Saudi officials have warned online activists against supporting a planned protest by women challenging the kingdom’s male-only driving rules.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Karma is a cruel master. The godless Buddhist is another 'sexual purity' fanatic.

The Buddhist say “It would be better that your penis be stuck into a pit of burning embers, blazing and glowing, than into a woman’s vagina.”
The pit kills , but the vagina sends you to hell.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... o/bmc1.pdf

Worthless man, it would be better that your penis be stuck into the mouth of a poisonous snake than into a woman’s vagina. It would be better that your penis be stuck into the mouth of a black viper than into a woman’s vagina. It would be better that your penis be stuck into a pit of burning embers, blazing and glowing, than into a woman’s vagina. Why is that? For that reason you would undergo death or deathlike suffering, but you would not on that account, at the break-up of the body, after death, fall into a plane of deprivation, a bad destination, a lower realm, hell. But for this reason you would, at the break-up of the body, after death, fall into a plane of deprivation, a bad destination, a lower realm, hell…
Page 13