KK: The Story, as Best I Can

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Charles Wilson

KK: The Story, as Best I Can

Post by Charles Wilson »

Kunigunde Kreuzerin wrote:...I said that you should make your own thread about this. Because – and I say this only as an excuse - I never get the logique of your thoughts. You think that Mark 13 is about Alexander Jannaeus, but you could also claim that it is about Herod or Hannibal or the Thermopylae. I’m not able to make the jump in this thinking. It would be an adventure for me to get this. :cheers:
For KK:

I'm gonna start by playing "See-It-As...". We can all argue about how it might have been possible for the South to have won the American Civil War - Grant has a heart attack before a battle, Lincoln gets assassinated in 1859, "Stonewall" Jackson doesn't die, etc. Same for WW-2. What would have happened if the Spanish Armada did not get destroyed in a freak storm, etc. Let's call what's in #1 below a "Convenient Fiction" for the purpose of making the NT understandable.

1. You are Mucianus, Governor of Syria. You are at least effeminate, maybe even a Eunuch. You care deeply for Titus, the son of Vespasian. Titus intervenes in a skirmish between Mucianus and Vespasian and convinces Mucianus to throw in with Daddy Vespasian. Mucianus travels through The Pontus (Future Home of Marcion) on the way to Rome. As Mucianus, you hold complete Imperial Power in your hands, yet you turn it over to Vespasian. You are a Consul through some years of Vespasian's Reign, then you disappear. You are, however, High Verbal and you write of Titus. the Object if Your Desires, as if he were a god: "At his onset, he left the lake at Tarichiae as blood red as wine. His father could only look on as if a wine steward at a wedding feast. This was the first Sign of his Godhood..."

You are Domitian and you have just poisoned your brother Titus. You are aware of the childish musings of your former Protector and friend, Mucianus, concerning that imbecilic fool brother of yours, Titus. "My brother...a god?...Oh, please...But wait!!! I am, after all, Lord God Domitian. I should be the god around here and, of course, I am. I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN A GOD!!!...Court Scribes, I have a Project for you to begin now..." A short time later, Domitian asks, "Stephanas, would you mind...HRRRACKKK...." 'N Domitian is dead, gutted by the Piso "Stephanas". The Project,however, continues.

Vespasian, the Father. Titus, the Son. Domitian is voted Damantio Memoriae. The Project Leaders create "The Holy Spirit", a Character with no Features a Human Character would have. "How shall we Create the Godhood of the Flavians?" "Ahhh, there is a way. Amongst the Plunder brought back from the Siege of Jerusalem were some Stories and of course, we have the Reports of one of our most loyal of Political Control Officers, Nicholas of Damascus. Herod didn't take a piss without Nick telling him which way to point. Perhaps there is something there..."

2. 'N there was. There was a very Dark Story of..."What was his name...Peter? Rocky?!?? Oh yeah, the child from between Jabnit and the rocky Meiron where that big rock was that was supposed to be where somebody was supposed to blow a trumpet call declaring God for the Jews or them frickin' Hasmoneans or something...How'za bout we make that trumpet call a call for Rome, eh?" 'N so they did.

3. The Story gets dismembered and rewritten. Peter, a child, saves a Priest from a VERY certain death. If you REALLY want to understand the Story, read Slaughterhouse Five, where Billy has come unstuck in time and finds himself in a Slaughterhouse in Dresden, while above him, Dresden is being firebombed. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE who was in Dresden survived - except for Billy Pilgrim in a story and Kurt Vonnegut in real life and a few others. If you REALLY want to understand the Story, remember Catch-22, when you had that picture in your head where Snowden was bathed in light and wrapped in a white parachute while he was dying in the back. "I’m cold," Snowden said softly, "I’m cold."

"You’re going to be all right, kid," Yossarian reassured him with a grin. "You’re going to be all right."

"I’m cold," Snowden said again in a frail, childlike voice. "I’m cold."

"There, there," Yossarian said, because he did not know what else to say. "There, there."

"I’m cold," Snowden whimpered. "I’m cold."

"There, there. There, there."

Yossarian was frightened and moved more swiftly. He found a pair of scissors at last and began cutting carefully through Snowden’s coveralls high up above the wound, just below the groin. He cut through the heavy gabardine cloth all the way around the thigh in a straight line. The tiny tail gunner woke up while Yossarian was cutting with the scissors, saw him, and fainted again. Snowden rolled his head to the other side of his neck in order to stare at Yossarian more directly. A dim, sunken light glowed in his weak and listless eyes. Yossarian, puzzled, tried not to look at him. He began cutting downward through the coveralls along the inside seam. The yawning wound — was that a tube of slimy bone he saw running deep inside the gory scarlet flowed behind the twitching, startling fibers of weird muscle? — was dripping blood in several trickles, like snow melting on eaves, but viscous and red, already thickening as it dropped. Yossarian kept cutting through the coveralls to the bottom and peeled open the severed leg of the garment. It fell to the floor with a plop, exposing the hem of khaki undershorts that were soaking up blotches of blood on one side as though in thirst. Yossarian was stunned at how waxen and ghastly Snowden’s bare leg looked, how loathsome, how lifeless and esoteric the downy, fine curled blond hairs on his odd, white shin and calf. The wound, he saw now, was not nearly as large as a football, but as long and wide as his hand, and too raw and deep to see into clearly. The raw muscles inside twitched like live hamburger meat. A long sigh of relief escaped slowly through Yossarian’s mouth when he saw that Snowden was not in danger of dying. The blood was already coagulating inside the wound, and it was simply a matter of bandaging him up and keeping him calm until the plane landed. He removed some packets of sulfanilamide from the first-aid kit. Snowden quivered when Yossarian pressed against him gently to turn him up slightly on his side.

"Did I hurt you?"

"I’m cold," Snowden whimpered. "I’m cold."

"There, there," Yossarian said. "There, there."

"I’m cold. I’m cold."

"There, there. There, there."

"It’s starting to hurt me," Snowden cried out with a plaintive, urgent wince.

Yossarian scrambled through the first-aid kit in search of morphine again and found only Milo’s note and a bottle of aspirin, He cursed Milo and held two aspirin tablets out to Snowden. He had no water to offer. Snowden rejected the aspirin with an almost imperceptible shake of his head. His face was pale and pasty. Yossarian removed Snowden’s flak helmet and lowered his head to the floor.

"I’m cold," Snowden moaned with half-closed eyes. "I’m cold."

The edges of his mouth were turning blue. Yossarian was petrified. He wondered whether to pull the rip cord of Snowden’s parachute and cover him with the nylon folds. It was very warm in the plane. Glancing up unexpectedly, Snowden gave him a wan, cooperative smile and shifted the position of his hips a bit so that Yossarian could begin salting the wound with sulfanilamide. Yossarian worked with renewed confidence and optimism. The plane bounced hard inside an airpocket, and he remembered with a start that he had left his own parachute up front in the nose. There was nothing to be done about that. He poured envelope after envelope of the white crystalline powder in the bloody oval wound until nothing red could be seen and then drew a deep, apprehensive breath, steeling himself with gritted teeth as he touched his bare hands to the dangling shreds of drying flesh to tuck them up inside the wound. Quickly he covered the whole wound with a large compress and jerked his hand away. He smiled nervously when his brief ordeal had ended. The actual contact with dead flesh had not been nearly as repulsive as he had anticipated, and he found excuse to caress the wound with his fingers again and again to convince himself of his own courage.

"I’m cold," Snowden moaned. "I’m cold."

"You’re going to be all right, kid," Yossarian assured him, patting his arm comfortingly. "Everything’s under control."

Snowden shook his head feebly. "I’m cold," he repeated, with eyes as dull and blind as stone. "I’m cold."

"There, there," Yossarian, with growing doubt and trepidation. "There, there. In a little while we’ll be back on the ground and Doc Daneeka will take care of you."

But Snowden kept shaking his head and pointed at last, with just the barest movement of his chin, down to his armpit. Yossarian bent forward to peer and saw a strangely colored stain seeping through the coverall just above the armhole of Snowden’s flak suit. Yossarian felt his heart stop, then pound so violently he found it difficult to breathe. Snowden was wounded inside his flak suit. Yossarian ripped open the snaps of Snowden’s flak suit and heard himself scream wildly as Snowden’s insides slithered down to the floor in a soggy pile and just kept dripping out. A chunk of flak more than three inches big had shot into his other side just underneath the arm and blasted all the way through, drawing whole mottled quarts of Snowden along with it through the gigantic hole in his ribs it made as it blasted out. Yossarian screamed a second time and squeezed both hands over his eyes. His teeth were chattering in horror. He forced himself to look again. Here was God’s plenty, all right, he thought bitterly as he stared — liver, lungs, kidneys, ribs, stomach and bits of the stewed tomatoes Snowden had eaten that day for lunch. Yossarian hated stewed tomatoes and turned away dizzily and began to vomit, clutching his burning throat. The tail gunner woke up while Yossarian was vomiting, saw him, and fainted again.

Yossarian was limp with exhaustion, pain and despair when he finished. He turned back weakly to Snowden, whose breath had grown softer and more rapid, and whose face had grown paler. He wondered how in the world to begin to save him.

"I’m cold." Snowden whimpered, "I’m cold."

"There, there. Yossarian mumbled mechanically in a voice too low to be heard. "There, there."

Yossarian was cold, too, and shivering uncontrollably. He felt goose pimples clacking all over him as he gazed down despondently at the grim secret Snowden had spilled all over the messy floor. It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden’s secret. Drop him out a window and he’ll fall. Set fire to him and he’ll burn. Bury him and he’ll rot, like other kinds of garbage. The spirit gone, man is garbage. That was Snowden’s secret. Ripeness was all.

"I'm cold, Snowden said. "I'm cold"

"There, there", said Yossarian. "There, there." He pulled the rip cord of Snowden's parachute and covered his body with the white nylon sheets.

"I'm cold."

"There, there."
This is the inversion of Ecclesiastes:

Ecclesiastes 9: 7 - 10 (RSV):

[7] Go, eat your bread with enjoyment, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God has already approved what you do.
[8] Let your garments be always white; let not oil be lacking on your head.
[9] Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life which he has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun.
[10] Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.

The Priest who Peter saves is intercepted on the way to Passover, 12 years after the Miracle that saved him. He is crucified. On the cross he exclaims, "My God, my God, for this was I spared?" Peter, or someone close to him goes back to the Priesthood, to finish his days...

Matthew 5: 23 - 24 (RSV):

[23] So if you are offering your gift at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
[24] leave your gift there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

The End.

It's late. I'm tired. First up: Early Mark.

CW
Last edited by Charles Wilson on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Kunigunde Kreuzerin

Re: KK: The Story, as Best I Can

Post by Kunigunde Kreuzerin »

You might check whether I understand what you are saying

The earliest gospel version was a gospel of the Flavians, written by some Roman court scribes (I imagine some ancient ancestors of Umberto Eco :ugeek: )

Some theological principles of this gospel came from or were developed from the musings of Mucianus on Vespasian and his son Titus.

As typical for the Romans (and natural for the case of Vespasian and Titus - Remember Josephus' prophecy!), they borrowed from the best storytellers of sacred texts: the Jews. Some stories, some histories, brought home from the war or found in the work of Nicholas of Damascus.

The basic plot was about a priest, saved by little Peter from death near the seat of Elijah/the Messiah, but years later he was crucified.
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Yes. The Priest is saved at the Passover of 4 BCE. There are enough items left in the Data to show that "Peter" and the Priest are from the Settlement Jabnit and/or Meiron. Both Settlements claim that the Hasmoneans came from them (Elizur, Leibner). It is a Proof Item that the Mishmarot Group Immer was on Duty for the 4 BCE Passover AND the Passover 12 years later. Immer has been assigned Jabnit as its Settlement. Jehoiarib is assigned Meiron. That's what makes the "Seat of Elijah" so interesting. The Mishmarot Groups march to Jerusalem for one week's Service every 24 weeks. Someone knows quite clearly the Rotations and History of the Temple Service as given in 1 Chronicles 24.

There are 2 Passovers in the NT where "Jesus" is crucified - The Synoptics and GJohn. Apologetix attempts to paper over the plain language. Josephus intentionally writes to hide. The NT telescopes the 2 Passovers into one. Josephus provides an "External" version (Antiquities, 17, 9, 3+ and War, 2, 1, 3). The NT provides the "Internal" view. The details, however, seep into view:

Luke 19: 39 - 40 (RSV):

[39] And some of the Pharisees in the multitude said to him, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples."
[40] He answered, "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out."

Josephus, War..., 2, 1, 3:

"At this Archclaus was aftrighted, and privately sent a tribune, with his cohort of soldiers, upon them, before the disease should spread over the whole multitude, and gave orders that they should constrain those that began the tumult, by force, to be quiet. At these the whole multitude were irritated, and threw stones at many of the soldiers, and killed them..."

A Symbolic version of the Atrocity of 4 BCE is given in Mark 6. In Matthew's version, Peter comes into the Death and sinks to his knees in blood ("The Boat" is Antonia in Symbolism). How is the Priest saved by Peter the child?

Luke 13: 23 - 24 (RSV):

[23] And some one said to him, "Lord, will those who are saved be few?" And he said to them,
[24] "Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able..."

Matthew: 18: 2 - 5 (RSV):

[2] And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them,
[3] and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
[4] Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
[5] "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me..."

I want to list fragment after fragment to show the Story in one Post. What I hope you will see is the expansion of the 2 Stories with much of the Actions surrounding the 4 BCE seen as "Looking Back". The Foot Washing is from 12 years later, showing the obsession of the Priest over the Event.

Lots to see.

Thanx, KK,

CW
Kunigunde Kreuzerin

Post by Kunigunde Kreuzerin »

Okay. Back to the Roman court scribes. What did they do with the basic plot? What do you expect? I assume it's a kind of time and story shifting
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Kunigunde Kreuzerin wrote:Okay. Back to the Roman court scribes. What did they do with the basic plot? What do you expect? I assume it's a kind of time and story shifting
I guess I'll redirect to the Roman Part for now...I gotta get to the "Jesus Stories" at some point.

1. The Romans had to remap the Story's Trajectory from the First Coming of a Priest, his being saved by a "Miracle" and his coming again (12 years later). The main character is Peter and his character must be inverted. John 11 - 12 gives the Program rather explicitly. By the time the Scribes of Post-100 to Post-110 get the material, many of the less obvious markers have lost any meaning - "He was talking about the Temple of his body..." being one example. This is a Time Marker for 8/9 CE. The author, who might very cynically know about this marker (but probably doesn't), writes a very stupid comment that creates more trouble than it's worth. By the time of public dissemination, however, the people begin to make their own meanings. Transvaluation of all Values.

2. The following deserves a Thread all its own: Look around you. Do you see the actions of a god who has not been created yet? Your survival may depend on it!

Domitian demands he be called "Lord God Domitian" (See also: "God-Made-Manifest"). What is the Logic of Domitian? He became god. This gets mapped into Jewish/Caananite/.../Sumerian Type. On becoming god, he THEREFORE has always existed. The Jews have no idea what is about to happen because God spoke to them and in all of the Sacred Writings, there is no mention of a Father-Son-Holy Spirit.

"Oh. yes, it's there! You just gotta look 'n if you don't see it, you are cursed. Further, we're re-instating human sacrifice and changing the Holy Days, the Holy Days that God himself gave as Eternal and Everlasting. BTW, did I tell you it's all your fault that this is happening to you?..."

3.To finish the Unfinished Story, a beginning has to be created and the Empty Tomb has to be written and grafted to the end of the Story. Matthew takes a Genealogy written by Nicholas of Damascus for Herod's father Antipater and that's a beginning. It must not have been good enough since Luke fashions a different Genealology.

4. The Empty Tomb carries the fingerprints of Pliny the Younger and Tacitus. Tacitus is everywhere in the NT and Acts doen't happen without Tacitus. Here, the Story is taken from Otho and his suicide. It is a muti-level Joke on Otho's "Empty Tomb": "When he at last woke up at about daylight, he stabbed himself with a single stroke under the left breast; and now concealing the wound, and now showing it to those who rushed in at his first groan, he breathed his last and was hastily buried (for such were his orders)" (Suet., 12 C, "Otho"). A small memorial is built at Brixillum (Plutarch) but the real Joke is built around a man named Verginius Rufus. At the death of Otho, the soldiers are Jonesin' for Rufus to become Caesar. Rufus has been offered this before and he's lived to tell the tale. He wants nothing to do with this. He slips out the back door as the soldiers are approaching to proclaim him Emperor! Talk about an Empty Tomb!

5. This brings us back to Domitian. Look at the uses of "Holy Spirit" in the NT:
Mark:
"I have baptized you with water; but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

" but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin" -- "

"David himself, inspired by the Holy Spirit, declared, `The Lord said to my Lord,
Sit at my right hand,
till I put thy enemies under thy feet.'
David himself calls him Lord; so how is he his son?" And the great throng heard him gladly"

And when they bring you to trial and deliver you up, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say; but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

Matthew:

"Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit; "

"But as he considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit"

"I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. "

"And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. "

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

Luke has 13 mentions of HS with many clustered around the Birth Sequences of "John" and "Jesus". Note that these occurences are built around the Temple Service of Mishamrot. Yet, Jehoiarib and Immer are not mentioned. Something is going on and it's at the expense of the House of Eleazar!

#7 on:

"John answered them all, "I baptize you with water; but he who is mightier than I is coming, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."

"and the Holy Spirit descended upon him in bodily form, as a dove, and a voice came from heaven, "Thou art my beloved Son; with thee I am well pleased." " Dove: Marker for Titus.

"And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan, and was led by the Spirit"

"In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yea, Father, for such was thy gracious will."

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

"And every one who speaks a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

" for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say"

John:

"I myself did not know him; but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, `He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.' "

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you"

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit"..."

So, if you blaspheme the Holy Spirit, you commit the unforgivable sin. If you receive the HS, then he will teach you ALL THINGS.
I haven't even gotten to Time Shifting..

Much more later.

CW
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

See-It-As, Part 2:

Starting with the Book of Mark, we can look at the Stories from a different perspective. At times, it will appear as almost a "Cut and Paste" job. Other times, "Reasonable" assumptions as to a Symbolism will be made. YMMV.

Mark 1:
[4] John the baptizer appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
[5] And there went out to him all the country of Judea, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.
[6] Now John was clothed with camel's hair, and had a leather girdle around his waist, and ate locusts and wild honey.
[7] And he preached, saying, "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.

This has been breathed on a little, probably by the Romans. The VERY KEY IDEA here is that John is of the Mishmarot Group "Bilgah". Bilgah has committed an Offense to the Priesthood and takes its place on the South end of the Temple, away from the other 23 Groups. Its Ring is nailed down and its Closet has been sealed, hence the Joke. The Mishmarot Group Immer follows and that tells you that the Story is about a Priest of Immer, not a "Jesus".
See: http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/3298-bilgah Note that this Passage is from the first part of Mark and appears to have been appended to the beginning since it is Anti-Chiasmic. "Who would place a "secret" Mishmarot Priesthood Passage at the beginning of Mark when Mark had already been completed?"

[14] Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God,
[15] and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel."

The Time is fulfilled? For What?!?? (Hint: Mishmarot Rotation). The Kingdom of God is a real, physical place! It's where the Priests meet! Nothing of High Metaphysics in this!

[22] And they were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes.
[23] And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit;
[24] and he cried out, "What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God."
[25] But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent, and come out of him!"
[26] And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying with a loud voice, came out of him.
[27] And they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this? A new teaching! With authority he commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him."
[28] And at once his fame spread everywhere throughout all the surrounding region of Galilee.

This is "Target Rich". It is our first Passage that can be fixed as from 8/9 CE.
"[The Priest] taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes..." What do the Scribes have to do with all of this? Are they NOT WRITING about some event? Play See-It-As here. It will pay dividends in a moment.

"And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit;
and he cried out, "What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God."

"HAVE YOU COME TO DESTROY US?" Please play See-It-As here. If this is Powers Across the Universe, the continuing War between Powers makes sense. If this is a statement between 2 humans, something else is implied entirely. Perhaps this is a matter, a Set Piece, between a Titus and the Rulers of Judea. Perhaps. See it as something else for a moment:

"I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" See this as a recognition from a person who was living (12) years prior to this dialogue and interacted with this Priest, maybe even with lethal intent. This is not a Metaphysical War between Realms beyond human comprehension. As we shall see, the person who sees the Priest Remembers Something - What? The person - The Priest - is returning for a reason. The reason is enough to make the "Demon Possessed" person worry that he - and others around him - might be destroyed. What could the appearance of a Priest do that would cause this much fear?

"WHAT HAVE YOU TO DO WITH US?" Read out of order, this should make much more sense. The Demon-Possessed person LOOKS BACK and wonders what a Priest would have to do with people in a place who are "in no way" like some people were (12) years ago. In fact, a deadly crime is being laid at their feet - AND THEY KNOW IT, for they were active in the crime's execution. They know and they remember. The Scribes know as well and they would not tell the Truth

"And at once his fame spread everywhere throughout all the surrounding region of Galilee"

There is nothing Mystical or Metaphysical about this verse, though there is something of Historical Import: There were Lists of Settlements to which the 24 Mishmarot Groups were assigned. Though we would expect Passages to be at or near Jerusalem, this one may simply reflect that, if we discover where this Priest is living (We will), we will find that the recognition would be quite fitting for the situation.

[38] And he said to them, "Let us go on to the next towns, that I may preach there also; for that is why I came out."
[39] And he went throughout all Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and casting out demons.
[40] And a leper came to him beseeching him, and kneeling said to him, "If you will, you can make me clean."
[41] Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, "I will; be clean."
[42] And immediately the leprosy left him, and he was made clean.
[43] And he sternly charged him, and sent him away at once,
[44] and said to him, "See that you say nothing to any one; but go, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, for a proof to the people."
[45] But he went out and began to talk freely about it, and to spread the news, so that Jesus could no longer openly enter a town, but was out in the country; and people came to him from every quarter.

"And he said to them, "Let us go on to the next towns, that I may preach there also; for that is why I came out." And he went throughout all Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and casting out demons.
The first Transvaluation of this Section. This Priest came to Preach in the Settlements of Galilee. In fact he would be traveling - as a Sojourner (See: Numbers) - to Jerusalem. He will be Preaching in *THEIR* Synagogues. Uh-Oh...

The Leper provides a Symbolism of interest. There are huge swaths of the OT involved with Leprosy and sometimes I understand the Symbolism for use in Mark and sometimes I don't. The meaning of "Don't Tell Anyone" shows that this is from 8/9 CE. The Priest knows that if he is discovered too soon, it will mean Death. He already knows that Death is what he will face in Jerusalem at the Passover of 9 CE. He knew that when he accepted the challenge from Jairus. He is hoping that he will make it to Jerusalem (Spoiler Alert: He won't).

End Chapter One of Mark
Last edited by Charles Wilson on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

Kunigunde Kreuzerin wrote:.
The earliest gospel version was a gospel of the Flavians,

unsubstantiated and completely unsupported
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Mark, Chapter 2 --

This chapter appears to me to be heavily reworked. "The Paralytic" parallels the Herod Story of "The Woman Bent Over for 18 Years" so put it in the Priestly Stories Column, correct?

Not so fast:
[5] And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "My son, your sins are forgiven."
[6] Now some of the scribes were sitting there, questioning in their hearts,
[7] "Why does this man speak thus? It is blasphemy! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
[8] And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them, "Why do you question thus in your hearts?

"Jesus saw their faith".
"questioning in their hearts"
perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them, "Why do you question thus in your hearts? "

This section appears to have been inserted by someone who values "Internal States" (See: "Woman with the 12 Year Issue of Blood"). This is reminiscent of "The Spurious Alexander" in Josephus. This however is about Rome and the Subjects here are the events surrounding the Passovers of 4 BCE and etc.. Much of Chapter 2 demands Analysis but not now. See Michael Turton's Site for some great analysis.

Chapter 3:
A Foundational Story is given at the beginning of Chapter 3, "The Man with the Withered Hand". Take as much time as you need to examine this Story to see that another alternative to understanding "The Jesus Stories" exists here.

[1] Again he entered the synagogue, and a man was there who had a withered hand.
[2] And they watched him, to see whether he would heal him on the sabbath, so that they might accuse him.
[3] And he said to the man who had the withered hand, "Come here."
[4] And he said to them, "Is it lawful on the sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?" But they were silent.
[5] And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was restored.
[6] The Pharisees went out, and immediately held counsel with the Hero'di-ans against him, how to destroy him.

"...a man was there who had a withered hand"
Earlier, a question was asked, "What do the Scribes have to do with all of this? Are they NOT WRITING about something?" The poorly worded question points to the Set-Up for this. A better wording might be "Were the Scribes prevented from telling a Story, a Story that occurred years ago?" The circle is being closed here. A man with a withered hand might be able to do many things but a man with a withered hand would not be writing in the Court for a King. There are the ususal atmospherics surrounding Sabbath Breaking and a paragraph or two would lay that problem to rest but...Move On!!!

"...so that they might accuse him"
Accuse him of what? Lots of Analysis through the centuries of this phrase. The meaning is clearly given below.

"Is it lawful on the sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?"
This is one of the most important verses in all of the NT. PERIOD!!!
It validates the Suppositions and the "See-It-As" exercises Posted above. What does this sentence have to do with Healing of a Man with a Withered Hand? Use all of the Apologetix you wish. Go away and never read another word I write but realize that healing a man with a withered hand has nothing to do with saving life or killing. The purpose of this Story is found in the Verification of its meaning:

A Priest returns to a collection of Pharisees and others and scares the living daylights out of them by his mere presence. "What are you doing here? Have you come to destroy us?" The answer, looking back to something that has happened years ago: "Is it lawful on the sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?"

"But they were silent"
They convict themselves. They know what has happened. They were a part of it and they willlingly joined others - "...to save life or to kill". This is about murder and their silence convicts the perpetrators.

"And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was restored."
Again, peering into the hearts of the murderers, he restores the hand of the Scribe, as if to say, "You are free to write about the Death that occured these years ago".

"The Pharisees went out, and immediately held counsel with the Hero'di-ans against him, how to destroy him."
This makes no sense. A man with a withered hand is healed and the Pharisees and Herodians begin plotting to kill the Priest. No, it only makes sense - beyond the Just-So metaphysics - if this Fragment carries meaning beyond the words. You may supply your meanings if you want. The Original Valued meaning is more probably this one.

"[8] and Jerusalem and Idume'a and from beyond the Jordan and from about Tyre and Sidon a great multitude, hearing all that he did, came to him.
[9] And he told his disciples to have a boat ready for him because of the crowd, lest they should crush him;
[12] And he strictly ordered them not to make him known.

"And he told his disciples to have a boat ready for him..."
We are being prepared for Indirection here. If this is indeed the Story of a Priest, then a place will be prepared for him. The Priest will be provided a place for one week every 24 weeks, in preparation for his Mishmarot Duty. He will stay in a place in Fortress Antonia, above the Temple. There will be a place for him and the name of the place is the "Kingdom of Heaven". In Matthew, there are references to the "Realm of Heaven" and I enjoy the sound of that name. In any event, we will be given Transvalued Symbols. "Antonia" = "The Boat". "Realm of Heaven" = "The Place where the Priests meet" as they prepare for their Duty in the Temple.

"...And he strictly ordered them not to make him known..."
Why? The Priest is under Threat of Death if he is discovered. As we shall see, Jairus, "President of the Synagogue" convinces this Priest to make one last attempt to Overthrow the Romans and Herodians in a display of Godly Faith. If he is captured too soon, his mission will be in vain..."And didn't God state clearly that he would stand with the Just?..." There is uneasiness here. The Priest knows what is to happen, even if he makes it to Jerusalem for the Passover of 9 CE. Twelve years ago, he stood in the Temple. Later, he was caught outside in a Slaughter where no one survived except the Priest and a few others. "Maybe...Maybe...If the Romans don't find me..."

" "Help the bombardier, help the bombardier..."
"I'm the bombardier, I'm the bombardier, I'm alright"
"Then, help him, help him,"
And Snowden lay dying in back..."

"[27] But no one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man; then indeed he may plunder his house..."
A Threat to the Romans, a foreshadowing of a Story that is to come, The Lunatic.

[32] And a crowd was sitting about him; and they said to him, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, asking for you."
[33] And he replied, "Who are my mother and my brothers?"
[34] And looking around on those who sat about him, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers!
[35] Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother."

There is no turning back: "Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother."

End of Chapter 3
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Chapter 4:

This chapter gives the appearance of a series of vignettes directly from Jesus concerning his ministry. He states one thing and intends another meaning that the poor hapless followers cannot understand. Supposedly, thousands hear this misdirection and flock to his teachings. To the disciples, there is added a Bonus Teaching that only they have access to the Truth. They don't understand either.

Acts 12: 9 - 11 (RSV):

[9] And he went out and followed him; he did not know that what was done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision.
[10] When they had passed the first and the second guard, they came to the iron gate leading into the city. It opened to them of its own accord, and they went out and passed on through one street; and immediately the angel left him.
[11] And Peter came to himself, and said, "Now I am sure that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting."

The Philosopher J L Austin once stated that "Deception rides on the back of non-deception". "...he did not know that what was done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision...". At this point, you have no guide as to the Veridical. Is it the Vision that was real or the real that Peter was experiencing? Every statement of fact is consistent with someone walking into the jail and freeing Peter. No Metaphysics needed. Peter is certain that, in this Story, God has sent an angel. What is "Real" here?

Similarly, Mark 4 gives us view that only the Insiders get to know the TRUTH. Only, you cannot know that what you believe is the Truth. Therefore, until the Spectacular Story at the end of the chapter, much of chapter 4 is not enlightening. Nonethless, there are several statements of interest:

[1] Again he began to teach beside the sea. And a very large crowd gathered about him, so that he got into a boat and sat in it on the sea; and the whole crowd was beside the sea on the land.

This should be a scene from Antonia ("The Boat"). Antonia is surrounded by a ditch and its appearance would have been of a great boat. The crown forms a "Sea". THERE IS A PASSAGEWAY FROM THE TEMPLE TO ANTONIA. Since I began Posting here years ago, this idea has been argued and the argument stands unrefuted. You may always argue Symbolism, whether the Symbol Interpretation is correct or not. However, there was the Temple, Antonia and the Passageway and if you allow yourself to take part in the Symbolism that takes place between the Temple and Antonia and the actions that occur between them as mediated by the Passageway, you will derive a consistent and fruitful understanding of what is described in the NT.

[26] And he said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed upon the ground

Here is Indirection. You might consider yourself an insider here. You aren't going to be fooled by the Parable! You have already been taken in. "The Kingdom of God" is not somewhere over the rainbow. It is a Real, Physical place in Antonia.

Matthew 23: 13 (RSV):

[13] "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither enter yourselves, nor allow those who would enter to go in.

I invite you to read this plainly. It means what it says. Remember now "Have you come here to destroy us? We know who you are!" The pieces of the puzzle are being assembled. Something happened and the crime is being laid at the feet of the Scribes and Pharisees. The Scribes and Pharisees are not holy enough to enter the Realm of Heaven. At this event, there were Priests who were not allowed to get into the Realm of Heaven. There was Death.

[35] On that day, when evening had come, he said to them, "Let us go across to the other side."
[36] And leaving the crowd, they took him with them in the boat, just as he was. And other boats were with him.
[37] And a great storm of wind arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that the boat was already filling.
[38] But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke him and said to him, "Teacher, do you not care if we perish?"
[39] And he awoke and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
[40] He said to them, "Why are you afraid? Have you no faith?"
[41] And they were filled with awe, and said to one another, "Who then is this, that even wind and sea obey him?"

"On that day..."

What day?!??

"Let us go across to the other side..."

The Original Story may be apparent here. "go across/cross over" is a clue. Aramaic? The point is more hidden than not. This isn't a trip in the Boat Taxi. "Jesus and Disciples" are going through the Passageway, as they do going from the Temple to Antonia or from Antonia to the Temple.

Here is Mark laid open. Matthew and Luke have the equivalent "Master! We are drowning!" It's simply a "Jesus" miracle story. Mark is different: "But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke him and said to him, "Teacher, do you not care if we perish?" "

"Teacher, do you not care if we perish?" Don't they know that this is the Son of God? Perhaps, as in Luke 9, a call should be made to bring down fire from the sky to murder the unbelievers!

The important item, however, is the Storm, the first mention of the Atrocity of the Passover of 4 BCE:

"And a great storm of wind arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that the boat was already filling."

Outside of Antonia, if Josphus is to be believed, 3000 or so worshippers are being murdered. "Jesus" is in a place of safety (Foreshadowing: Why would Peter deny Jesus 3 times?).

"And he awoke and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
He said to them, "Why are you afraid? Have you no faith?"
And they were filled with awe, and said to one another, "Who then is this, that even wind and sea obey him?" "

Did this event occur as written here? NO! Mark has rewritten the Tragedy as a moment for "Jesus" to assert his Mastery over the Elements. There are 2 main actors here, Peter and the Priest and their identities have been smeared here. 3000+ die and it is a Miracle that it stopped! A Miracle!

No. Josephus is, BTW, complicit in this. In his descriptions of this in Antiquites 17, 9, 3+ and War 2, 1, 3+ Josephus will not even tell you who is responsible for the Sacrifices in the Temple. He knows the Truth and will not tell. Josephus, self proclaimed Hasmonean and Priest, will not tell who makes Sacrifices in the Temple. You have all been Set Up.

End Chapter 4.
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Chapter 5:

It may be seen that Chapters 1 - 6 form a coherent Whole. Chapter 5 has the Reason for the Original Story and its sad ending. It is the Story of Israel up to the Occupation of Judea by the Romans. The Lunatic has been separated from the Priesthood. Only the Priesthood can Clothe the naked man and return him to Sanity.

Again, Josephus gives the "External Story" and the NT gives the "Internal Version". You will find an Inversion of Symbols here. Atwill believes that the Lunatic is possessed by "Legion" and the word Legion stands for the Insurrectionists. The Reading that is offered here is from the Priestly Position that "Legion" means what it says: Judea (and Israel!) are possessed by the Romans. Only the Priesthood, standing with God, can displace the Romans and Herodians. I have given a somewhat longer version of this several times in the past 12-ish years and I have no reason to change the View.

[1] They came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Ger'asenes.
[2] And when he had come out of the boat, there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
[3] who lived among the tombs; and no one could bind him any more, even with a chain;
[4] for he had often been bound with fetters and chains, but the chains he wrenched apart, and the fetters he broke in pieces; and no one had the strength to subdue him.
[5] Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out, and bruising himself with stones.
[6] And when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped him;
[7] and crying out with a loud voice, he said, "What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me."
[8] For he had said to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!"
[9] And Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" He replied, "My name is Legion; for we are many."
[10] And he begged him eagerly not to send them out of the country.
[11] Now a great herd of swine was feeding there on the hillside;
[12] and they begged him, "Send us to the swine, let us enter them."
[13] So he gave them leave. And the unclean spirits came out, and entered the swine; and the herd, numbering about two thousand, rushed down the steep bank into the sea, and were drowned in the sea.
[14] The herdsmen fled, and told it in the city and in the country. And people came to see what it was that had happened.
[15] And they came to Jesus, and saw the demoniac sitting there, clothed and in his right mind, the man who had had the legion; and they were afraid.
[16] And those who had seen it told what had happened to the demoniac and to the swine.
[17] And they began to beg Jesus to depart from their neighborhood.
[18] And as he was getting into the boat, the man who had been possessed with demons begged him that he might be with him.
[19] But he refused, and said to him, "Go home to your friends, and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you."
[20] And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decap'olis how much Jesus had done for him; and all men marveled.

1. "They came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Ger'asenes."

We are led to believe that the Boat-Taxi has taken the group across the Sea of Galilee. It is more proper to see that they went to some other part of the Passover Celebration.

"And when he had come out of the boat, there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
who lived among the tombs; and no one could bind him any more, even with a chain"

He lives among the Tombs - He is looking back at past glories. No one could bind him and yet he is possessed. There is something more powerful than Force of Arms.

"Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out, and bruising himself with stones."

He lives in the Tombs and on the mountains? Quite a Traveler this Lunatic! When he tries to get rid of the Demon, he only bruises himself.

"What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me."

Paralleled by what we have already seen: "Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, you are God's Holy One!!!"

"What is your name?" He replied, "My name is Legion; for we are many."

From behind the Scribes and Pharisees, the real Motivators for the Actors of the Play - The Romans.

"And the unclean spirits came out, and entered the swine; and the herd, numbering about two thousand, rushed down the steep bank into the sea, and were drowned in the sea."

Did you know that there were swine in and around the Temple? There were. The Herodians will be sent packing, so to speak. The Hellenistic Swine will be gone to be replaced by the Proper Rulers from the Priesthood.

"The herdsmen fled, and told it in the city and in the country. And people came to see what it was that had happened."

Impossible Time Line here! Jes' sayin'...

"Go home to your friends, and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you."
And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decap'olis how much Jesus had done for him; and all men marveled.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Priest will not murder those who live after the Herodians and Romans depart! Tell those in THE DECAPOLIS what the Priest has done FOR him - "...and all men marveled..."

[21] And when Jesus had crossed again in the boat to the other side, a great crowd gathered about him; and he was beside the sea.
[22] Then came one of the rulers of the synagogue, Ja'irus by name; and seeing him, he fell at his feet,
[23] and besought him, saying, "My little daughter is at the point of death. Come and lay your hands on her, so that she may be made well, and live."
[24] And he went with him. And a great crowd followed him and thronged about him.
[25] And there was a woman who had had a flow of blood for twelve years,
[26] and who had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse.
[27] She had heard the reports about Jesus, and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment.
[28] For she said, "If I touch even his garments, I shall be made well."
[29] And immediately the hemorrhage ceased; and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease.
[30] And Jesus, perceiving in himself that power had gone forth from him, immediately turned about in the crowd, and said, "Who touched my garments?"
[31] And his disciples said to him, "You see the crowd pressing around you, and yet you say, `Who touched me?'"
[32] And he looked around to see who had done it.
[33] But the woman, knowing what had been done to her, came in fear and trembling and fell down before him, and told him the whole truth.
[34] And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease."
[35] While he was still speaking, there came from the ruler's house some who said, "Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?"
[36] But ignoring what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, "Do not fear, only believe."
[37] And he allowed no one to follow him except Peter and James and John the brother of James.
[38] When they came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, he saw a tumult, and people weeping and wailing loudly.
[39] And when he had entered, he said to them, "Why do you make a tumult and weep? The child is not dead but sleeping."
[40] And they laughed at him. But he put them all outside, and took the child's father and mother and those who were with him, and went in where the child was.
[41] Taking her by the hand he said to her, "Tal'itha cu'mi"; which means, "Little girl, I say to you, arise."
[42] And immediately the girl got up and walked (she was twelve years of age), and they were immediately overcome with amazement.
[43] And he strictly charged them that no one should know this, and told them to give her something to eat.

NOTE: I gotta stop here for a while. Sorry! PLZ look at this most important Story!!
NOTE 2: I'm back! I'm still playing around with formatting comments.

These 2 Stories in Mark provide the easiest route to seeing that the "Jesus Stories" are not about "Jesus" but something else entirely. "Jesus" is the rewrite. The Original was about the Mishmarot Priesthood against the Herodians and Romans. We want to avoid Numeric Nuttery that is found in many examinations of the NT. Any Math Alignments must be solidly grounded and that is the case here. Mishmarot was real, we can find out which Mishmarot Group served any given week. The Qumran Group kept their Solar Calendar Time and checked their computations by comparing what they found with the Mishmarot Rotations. Here, we are given 2 Stories with "12 Years" as a central alignment. Can a plausible date be found that unifies "12 Years"?

[21] And when Jesus had crossed again in the boat to the other side, a great crowd gathered about him; and he was beside the sea.

You should be getting a better feel for "crossed over". This is at Antonia. "...he was beside the sea". Yes. He was. The Sea of People assembled around the Temple for Passover.

[22] Then came one of the rulers of the synagogue, Ja'irus by name; and seeing him, he fell at his feet,
[23] and besought him, saying, "My little daughter is at the point of death. Come and lay your hands on her, so that she may be made well, and live."

Here is the Story!!! It is not "Jesus called by God"!!! Jairus asks the Priest to lay his hands on his Daughter, as the Priest will lay his hands on the "Woman Bent Over for 18 Years"! As we all know, the Daughter is 12 years old. Whatever else we may discern about this state of affairs, it is Jairus who was the Author of this POLITICAL MOVEMENT. Please see Hyam Maccoby, The Mythmaker, at this point. This is POLITICAL. It is Jairus who provides the Motivation for what happens after this. The Movement, represented by Jairus' Daughter, has almost died. Something happened 12 years ago and though Jairus thought the Herodians and Romans could be overthrown, it did not happen 12 years ago and the Movement is almost extinguished now.

[24] And he went with him. And a great crowd followed him and thronged about him.

There are those who remember the Horror and they still believe.

[25] And there was a woman who had had a flow of blood for twelve years,
[26] and who had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse.

Leviticus 15: 19 - 25 (RSV):

[19] "When a woman has a discharge of blood which is her regular discharge from her body, she shall be in her impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until the evening.
[20] And everything upon which she lies during her impurity shall be unclean; everything also upon which she sits shall be unclean.
[21] And whoever touches her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening.
[22] And whoever touches anything upon which she sits shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening;
[23] whether it is the bed or anything upon which she sits, when he touches it he shall be unclean until the evening.
[24] And if any man lies with her, and her impurity is on him, he shall be unclean seven days; and every bed on which he lies shall be unclean.
[25] "If a woman has a discharge of blood for many days, not at the time of her impurity, or if she has a discharge beyond the time of her impurity, all the days of the discharge she shall continue in uncleanness; as in the days of her impurity, she shall be unclean.

Let us assign some Symbolic Meaning here. If Jairus' Daughter is Symbolic of a Political Movement, then the arrival of the Woman with the Issue of Blood may participate in that same Meaning. The Levitical understanding is given above. "...if she has a discharge beyond the time of her impurity, all the days of the discharge she shall continue in uncleanness; as in the days of her impurity, she shall be unclean..." If this is Symbolic in a Political Sense, then the Poliical Entity that is represented by the "Woman..." has been Unclean for 12 years. It is a very small step to see that one very big possibility here is that the "Woman..." represents Judea. Something happened 12 years prior to this time that rendered the Nation Ritually Unclean.

This firmly places these Stories at a time 12 years after the Event that rendered the Nation of Judea Unclean.

[28] For she said, "If I touch even his garments, I shall be made well."
[29] And immediately the hemorrhage ceased; and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease.
[30] And Jesus, perceiving in himself that power had gone forth from him, immediately turned about in the crowd, and said, "Who touched my garments?"
[31] And his disciples said to him, "You see the crowd pressing around you, and yet you say, `Who touched me?'"

The Moffatt Translation has '...she said to herself...", a reference to Internal States. Nonetheless, it is extremely important to see the Meaning of these verses. This is not about a "Jesus". The Woman states that if she can merely touch his garments, she will be made well. Garments cover the Nakedness. It is the Priesthood that wears the Garments to represent the Nation to God in the Temple. As she touches the Garments, she is healed. The Priest asks, "perceiving in himself that power had gone forth from him, immediately turned about in the crowd, and said, "Who touched my garments?" There is even a "Check" given in the Narration: "You see the crowd pressing around you, and yet you say, `Who touched me?'"

The Priest feels that Power has gone from him. HE HAS TOUCHED THE UNCLEAN WOMAN AND NOW HE HIMSELF IS UNCLEAN. He has been for 12 years. The Uncleanliness has reached into the Priesthood.

[35] While he was still speaking, there came from the ruler's house some who said, "Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?"
[36] But ignoring what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, "Do not fear, only believe."
[37] And he allowed no one to follow him except Peter and James and John the brother of James.
[38] When they came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, he saw a tumult, and people weeping and wailing loudly.
[39] And when he had entered, he said to them, "Why do you make a tumult and weep? The child is not dead but sleeping."

"Your daughter is dead". The Movement is finished, the Daughter is dead.
"And when he had entered, he said to them, "Why do you make a tumult and weep? The child is not dead but sleeping."

"And they laughed at him." This makes no sense as written, unless the Political Meaning is assigned. The sophisticated, the Hellinists (Hello, outhouse...) laugh at the Priest. The made peace with the Romans long ago.

"And immediately the girl got up and walked (she was twelve years of age)"

The Priest has accepted Jairus and his challenge. He will return to Jerusalem at the Duplicated Passover 12 years later, when he will have his Mishmarot Group Serve at Passover again. The first time this happened, Something...a Death... overwhelmed those who expected God to stand with them, as God Promised in Leviticus 26. Since God cannot be repudiated, the Death must have been a Test, a Lesson.

Luke 9: 51 (RSV):

[51] When the days drew near for him to be received up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem.

End Chapter 5
Last edited by Charles Wilson on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.