Greek evidence of the Jewish pre-christian myth?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Greek evidence of the Jewish pre-christian myth?

Post by Giuseppe »

I read in "The Jesus Problem" by J. M. Robertson (considered by Robert Price "perhaps the most great of the old mythicists", and I am slowly realizing why):

And the Phoenician myth of "Ieoud", the "only-begotten" son of King Kronos, "whom the Phoenicians call Israel", sacrificed by his father at a time of national danger, after being dressed in the trappings of roialty, points towards the historic roots of Christianity.
Kronos is a Semitic God; and in connection with the Roman Saturnalia we have the record of a Greek oracle commanding to "send a man to the Father" - that is, to Kronos.
Is "Ieoud" Jesus?

I remember that for Jim West the "archons of this age", and precisely the "Prince of the Power of Air", was KRONOS, the "god of this aeon".

I wonder if in the original myth the killer of Jesus was the same his Father, converted by not-Jews in an evil divine figure: the archontic demiurge KRONOS.
Last edited by Giuseppe on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Giuseppe

Re: Greek evidence of the Jewish pre-christian myth?

Post by Giuseppe »

Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.