Earliest attestation for Paul's letters?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
hakeem

Re: Earliest attestation for Paul's letters?

Post by hakeem »

Ben C. Smith wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 am ..... I gave the quote above: "When I attain to God, may I be found in his footsteps, this one who mentions you in every epistle in Christ Jesus." The claim here is that Paul wrote about the Ephesians; nothing is said (at least directly) about Paul writing to them.
Based on your own bizarre response then the passage attributed to Ignatius do not attest the so-called Pauline Epistles since there is virtually nothing about the Ephesians in any of the Epistles attributed to Paul.

Nothing is written about the Ephesians in the Epistles to the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, Thessalonians and Colossians.

Writings about the the Saints in Ephesus are found in widely accepted forgery known as Ephesians.

The passage you quoted attest to forgeries or false attribution.
Ben C. Smith

Re: Earliest attestation for Paul's letters?

Post by Ben C. Smith »

hakeem wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:33 pm
Ben C. Smith wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 am ..... I gave the quote above: "When I attain to God, may I be found in his footsteps, this one who mentions you in every epistle in Christ Jesus." The claim here is that Paul wrote about the Ephesians; nothing is said (at least directly) about Paul writing to them.
Based on your own bizarre response then the passage attributed to Ignatius do not attest the so-called Pauline Epistles since there is virtually nothing about the Ephesians in any of the Epistles attributed to Paul.

Nothing is written about the Ephesians in the Epistles to the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, Thessalonians and Colossians.

Writings about the the Saints in Ephesus are found in widely accepted forgery known as Ephesians.

The passage you quoted attest to forgeries or false attribution.
You seem to be responding to something other than what I wrote.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Secret Alias

Re: various personal attacks

Post by Secret Alias »

The earliest reference to something in the letters of Paul is Ephesians 3:4 in Ignatius to the Ephesians (12) http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0104.htm
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
hakeem

Re: various personal attacks

Post by hakeem »

Secret Alias wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 am The earliest reference to something in the letters of Paul is Ephesians 3:4 in Ignatius to the Ephesians (12) http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0104.htm
The Epistle to the Ephesians under the name of Paul is regarded as a forgery or false attribution so Ignatius to the Ephesians is not an early reference.