Cafeteria of the Priests!

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Charles Wilson

Cafeteria of the Priests!

Post by Charles Wilson »

It gets better and better every day!
Don't have much time tonight but maybe more tomorrow.

1. Matthew 8: 11 (RSV):

[11] I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven

I hope I will not be accused of "Translation Shopping" here. Others have "feast" instead of "at the table". On the view that the "Realm of Heaven" is a real, physical place, this verse, in the middle of a Herod story, tells of a place that only the Priests can visit. Scribes and Pharisees need not attempt to enter.

2. Romans 14: 17 (RSV):

[17] For the kingdom of God is not food and drink but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit

3. TRANSVALUATION! For those who believe that "Paul" has little awareness of the Gospel Stories, this might be a small step to show that there is an awareness at some level. And, uhh..., ummm, it's not a place where one could eat (if one happened to be a Priest), it's all metaphysical, right, "Paul"?. 'N who is that Holy Spirit guy anyway?

No. The Realm of Heaven/Kingdom of Heaven was a real place.

CW
MrMacSon

Re: Cafeteria of the Priests!

Post by MrMacSon »

Charles Wilson wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:25 pm
It gets better and better every day!

1. Matthew 8: 11 (RSV):

I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven

I hope I will not be accused of "Translation Shopping" here. Others have "feast" instead of "at the table". On the view that the "Realm of Heaven" is a real, physical place, this verse, in the middle of a Herod story, tells of a place that only the Priests can visit. Scribes and Pharisees need not attempt to enter.
It does seem to get better an better every day! I was reading something recently that said that, rather than Isaac being saved, and a ram/sheep being sacrificed in lieu of Isaac, there are indications [somewhere] Isaac really was sacrificed. That would seem to almost be a forerunner to the Jesus the Christ sacrificed narrative.