Bethphage.

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
John2

Re: Bethphage.

Post by John2 »

MacDonald is saying that no one called the lake in question "the Sea of Galilee" — and, as far as we know, he is correct. But that is not the same thing as saying that no one called it a sea before. The scriptures, both in the original Hebrew and in the Old Greek, call it a sea. They just call it "the Sea of" something else, like Chinnereth.
I figured it out and added it to my post above before seeing your response. Thanks anyway, and carry on.
You know in spite of all you gained, you still have to stand out in the pouring rain.
Ben C. Smith

Re: Bethphage.

Post by Ben C. Smith »

John2 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:08 pm
MacDonald is saying that no one called the lake in question "the Sea of Galilee" — and, as far as we know, he is correct. But that is not the same thing as saying that no one called it a sea before. The scriptures, both in the original Hebrew and in the Old Greek, call it a sea. They just call it "the Sea of" something else, like Chinnereth.
I figured it out and added it to my post above before seeing your response. Thanks anyway, and carry on.
No problem. :) Our posts crossed.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ