Lena Einhorn's ideas

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Lena Einhorn

Re: Lena Einhorn's ideas

Post by Lena Einhorn »

This is to let anyone interested know that the PowerPoint presentation of my hypothesis on Jesus and the Egyptian Prophet -- the Time Shift hypothesis -- has now been uploaded on Youtube, by Dave and Glen Wise. It is a somewhat longer version (45 min. ) of the presentation I gave at the Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting in 2012. For someone interested in a quick rundown of the hypothesis, this is a concise and accessible exposé.
The link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkOd9ltx24Q
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

Thanks. It seems to be missing roughly 10 minutes of sound though.
Lena Einhorn

Post by Lena Einhorn »

Ulan, I just checked the link. I hear sound all the way through. Do you know which segment you're missing?
Lena Einhorn

Post by Lena Einhorn »

Ulan, I think I understand what you mean. The segment sometimes begins a few minutes in when one clicks on the link. If so, just move the cursor back to the beginning!
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

Hi Lena, the quiet section starts at 3:09, after you mention the Testimonium Flavianum, and sound comes back at 13:35, when you talk about Ginea. If I use my headphones, I can hear that your commentary is still there, just very quiet, but with my desktop loudspeakers, I don't hear anything during that time. I just wanted to let you know, in case there is some easy way to fix that.
Lena Einhorn

Post by Lena Einhorn »

Hi Ulan. How very odd. I get no loss of sound. In my computer it sounds the same all the way through. But I'll forward to Dave Wise, who uploaded to Youtube. Thanks for letting me know.
GakuseiDon

Post by GakuseiDon »

Ulan wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:08 am Hi Lena, the quiet section starts at 3:09, after you mention the Testimonium Flavianum, and sound comes back at 13:35, when you talk about Ginea. If I use my headphones, I can hear that your commentary is still there, just very quiet, but with my desktop loudspeakers, I don't hear anything during that time. I just wanted to let you know, in case there is some easy way to fix that.
Ulan, it looks like the sound only uses the right speaker during that time, so it is a problem with your left speaker. If you go into your Settings for your PC and select your 'Sound' option, and then 'Balance', I think you'll find that the Balance scale is set all the way over to the 'Left' speaker. Place the indicator in the middle and you will hear the sound without problems. If that is already the case, then perhaps your left speaker no longer is working properly.
It is really important, in life, to concentrate our minds on our enthusiasms, not on our dislikes. -- Roger Pearse
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

GakuseiDon wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:05 am Ulan, it looks like the sound only uses the right speaker during that time, so it is a problem with your left speaker. If you go into your Settings for your PC and select your 'Sound' option, and then 'Balance', I think you'll find that the Balance scale is set all the way over to the 'Left' speaker. Place the indicator in the middle and you will hear the sound without problems. If that is already the case, then perhaps your left speaker no longer is working properly.
Thanks. I just noted that the right channel isn't working on any of my devices, speakers connected to the sound panel or headphones via USB. I love Windows updates :tombstone: . All balance sliders I have found so far are set to "balanced". Still looking where the issue is.
Edit: Maybe, the sound chip lost a channel. Time for a new computer soon anyway.

Sorry for bringing this up in this thread.
lsayre

Post by lsayre »

I enjoyed the video. Thanks for bringing it to our attention Lena!
Lena Einhorn

Post by Lena Einhorn »

lsayre wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:07 pm I enjoyed the video. Thanks for bringing it to our attention Lena!
You're welcome.