Did Paul have sons?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Charles Wilson

Re: Did Paul have sons?

Post by Charles Wilson »

Joseph D. L. wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:42 pmIt maybe consistent with itself, but not with external evidence.
Been through this before. Please read the material I have Posted. It's not simply about "Historical Literature" (Josephus, Tacitus, Polybius and all). See comments on coins, Settlements in Galilee and the Mishmarot Priesthood, especially. Don't go there, JDL. You have something that appears incorrect then tell me about it. I'm very OK with incorrect reasoning and facts. Just don't make a blanket statement such as above. Unseemly.
Everything points to an early second century origin for Paul, and a late second century origin for Acts.
Yes. I can agree with that. Always have. Mark is post 110-ish, at the earliest (Speaking of 110-ish, do you know why I choose this date?). John comes in with a fragment dated to around 125-ish. So John is earlier than that. That fits for John-answering-Mark. It *appears* that the Source material was still around (See Raskin here).

Whatever dates you have for Acts in the second century pretty much OK with me. I know the Source material for this and that's fine for what I see. Tacitus, Suetonius, Dio and all.
Acta and Epistolae simply mean Acts and Epistles respectively, common literary genres at the time, next to romance, or novels
Noooo....Seriously?!?? Wait...I think I have a "Sarc" switch here somewhere.
/s.
Everything involving Vespessian, Titus, and Mucianus is simply circumstantial and boarders on Atwillian.
So, what are you doing here? Why bother?

CW
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Deleted
Last edited by Charles Wilson on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Deleted.
Last edited by Charles Wilson on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Deleted. Strange messages led to multiple Posts.
Last edited by Charles Wilson on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Guy, was this necessary?

Okay, then try this...

... everything you have posted is self aggrandizing bs.

Paul was not a first century figure, so everything you have argued thus far is rendered meaningless and irrelevant, so any link to Vespessian, Titus, or Musianus is itself superfluous.

I see no reason to read anything else you have posted at this point.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Ben C. Smith wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:08 am Jax, you should have been born an ancient curmudgeon.
:lol: