Did Paul have sons?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Did Paul have sons?

Post by Giuseppe »

This is a real argument against the historicity of Paul: IF only we could know that he had sons.

Since a son of Paul would have seen how great the legacy of Paul would be became, under the his same eyes. He would have recognized the Mark's Jesus as "another Jesus" than the Paul's Jesus.

While if Paul didn't have sons, his legacy would be more easily co-opted by other Christians. Mark in primis.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Charles Wilson

Re: Did Paul have sons?

Post by Charles Wilson »

Paul was a eunuch.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Charles Wilson wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:12 pm Paul was a eunuch.
I would absolutely love to know what you base this on.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Philemon 10 "that I appeal to you for my son Onesimus."
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Jax wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:15 pm
1. Mebbe I should not have Posted this one-liner but, pushing on...

2. I believe that "Paul" is based on the Roman Procurator of Syria, named Mucianus. Mucianus is in a pissing contest with Vespasian. Mucianus does, however, love Vespasian's son Titus. Very much. Titus meets with Mucianus and convinces Mucianus to give up the feud and join in with Vespasian.

2. This is the "Vision on the Road to Damascus".

3. So Mucianus convinces Vespasian to starve out and attack Rome. Here, you need to see Acts as a book about the 12th Legion and Mucianus. See that you understand that "The Queen's Eunuch" in Acts is a very cynical description of Anicetus and the treachery that ended "...that servile war" (Tacitus, Histories, Book 3). Everyone thinks that the section quoting Isaiah about the sheep going to its slaughter is about "Jesus". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

4. Anyway, now Vespasian is firmly attached to the throne. What to do about Mucianus?

Suetonius, 12 Caesars, "Vespasian":

"He bore the frank language of his friends, the quips of pleaders, and the impudence of the philosophers with the greatest patience. Though Licinius Mucianus, a man of notorious unchastity, presumed upon his services to treat Vespasian with scant respect, he never had the heart to criticize him except privately and then only to the extent of adding to a complaint made to a common friend, the significant words: "I at least am a man."

Mucianus is a eunuch.

There is a mountain of this stuff if you look for it. One more:

Tacitus, Histories, Book 4:

The murder of Calpurnius Galerianus caused the utmost consternation. He was a son of Caius Piso, and had done nothing, but a noble name and his own youthful beauty made him the theme of common talk...

Acts 6: 15 (RSV):

[15] And gazing at him, all who sat in the council saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

The difference between Galerianus and (this part of) the composite character Stephen Martyr is that one is stoned and the other has his veins opened.
See 1 Corinthians 1: 14 - 16: "Caius" becomes "Gaius" and "Priscus" becomes "Crispus". This is Mucianus and the general drift of the NT (esp. Acts) follows the outline of his story.

The good news, Jax, is that you don't have to worry about this. If you catch on it's fun. O/W keep developing your own understanding.

Though Paul is complexified, the Template is given by Mucianus.
On and on and on and on...

CW
Edward M.

Post by Edward M. »

1 Corinthians 7:8 “Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.”
Jax

Post by Jax »

Charles Wilson wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:43 pm
Jax wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:15 pm
1. Mebbe I should not have Posted this one-liner but, pushing on...

2. I believe that "Paul" is based on the Roman Procurator of Syria, named Mucianus. Mucianus is in a pissing contest with Vespasian. Mucianus does, however, love Vespasian's son Titus. Very much. Titus meets with Mucianus and convinces Mucianus to give up the feud and join in with Vespasian.

2. This is the "Vision on the Road to Damascus".

3. So Mucianus convinces Vespasian to starve out and attack Rome. Here, you need to see Acts as a book about the 12th Legion and Mucianus. See that you understand that "The Queen's Eunuch" in Acts is a very cynical description of Anicetus and the treachery that ended "...that servile war" (Tacitus, Histories, Book 3). Everyone thinks that the section quoting Isaiah about the sheep going to its slaughter is about "Jesus". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

4. Anyway, now Vespasian is firmly attached to the throne. What to do about Mucianus?

Suetonius, 12 Caesars, "Vespasian":

"He bore the frank language of his friends, the quips of pleaders, and the impudence of the philosophers with the greatest patience. Though Licinius Mucianus, a man of notorious unchastity, presumed upon his services to treat Vespasian with scant respect, he never had the heart to criticize him except privately and then only to the extent of adding to a complaint made to a common friend, the significant words: "I at least am a man."

Mucianus is a eunuch.

There is a mountain of this stuff if you look for it. One more:

Tacitus, Histories, Book 4:

The murder of Calpurnius Galerianus caused the utmost consternation. He was a son of Caius Piso, and had done nothing, but a noble name and his own youthful beauty made him the theme of common talk...

Acts 6: 15 (RSV):

[15] And gazing at him, all who sat in the council saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

The difference between Galerianus and (this part of) the composite character Stephen Martyr is that one is stoned and the other has his veins opened.
See 1 Corinthians 1: 14 - 16: "Caius" becomes "Gaius" and "Priscus" becomes "Crispus". This is Mucianus and the general drift of the NT (esp. Acts) follows the outline of his story.

The good news, Jax, is that you don't have to worry about this. If you catch on it's fun. O/W keep developing your own understanding.

Though Paul is complexified, the Template is given by Mucianus.
On and on and on and on...

CW
Fear not. I believe that I am catching on. ;)
Jax

Post by Jax »

Edward M. wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:02 pm 1 Corinthians 7:8 “Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.”
Don't need to be married to have kids. Apostle Paul - “oh, what a wretch I am!”.
arnoldo

Post by arnoldo »

Do we not have the right to take along a believing wife, as do the other apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?
Jax

Post by Jax »

arnoldo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:59 pm Do we not have the right to take along a believing wife, as do the other apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?
Lol. Good catch.