Who wrote the NT?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Joseph D. L.

Re: Who wrote the NT?

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Jax wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:01 am Why do you assign Ur-Mark to Alexandria?
Because that's where the Coptic tradition places it. After all, Mark supposedly founded the Alexandrian church.
hakeem

Post by hakeem »

I am of the view that one of the authors of the Jesus stories called Gospels was perhaps a scribe or translator of the works of Josephus.

In the preface of " Wars of the Jews" it is claimed that Josephus wrote in Hebrew but his writings were translated to Greek.

1.The name of the main character of the Gospels called Jesus is found multiple times in the works of Josephus--
2. The region where Jesus of the Gospels lived is described in the works of Josephus---Josephus himself lived in Galilee for some time.
3. Events found only in the writings of Josephus are in the Gospels.
4. Josephus wrote about the supposed prophecies of Daniel which are also found in the Gospels.

For example, the supposed earliest Gospel, gMark, contains an episode where three persons are crucified and one survived but this event is only found in The Life of Josephus written sometime after 93 CE.
Jax

Post by Jax »

hakeem wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:46 pm I am of the view that one of the authors of the Jesus stories called Gospels was perhaps a scribe or translator of the works of Josephus.

In the preface of " Wars of the Jews" it is claimed that Josephus wrote in Hebrew but his writings were translated to Greek.

1.The name of the main character of the Gospels called Jesus is found multiple times in the works of Josephus--
2. The region where Jesus of the Gospels lived is described in the works of Josephus---Josephus himself lived in Galilee for some time.
3. Events found only in the writings of Josephus are in the Gospels.
4. Josephus wrote about the supposed prophecies of Daniel which are also found in the Gospels.

For example, the supposed earliest Gospel, gMark, contains an episode where three persons are crucified and one survived but this event is only found in The Life of Josephus written sometime after 93 CE.
I have noted this myself. That 'Mark' may be a scribe or translator for Josephus has merit IMO.