SKULL as vault of the heavens as place of the crucifixion

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Re: SKULL as vault of the heavens as place of the crucifixion

Post by Giuseppe »

And there is this different interpretation:

https://lamplighter.net/c/moments/the-p ... the-skull/
“And I will put hostility between you [Satan] and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall crush your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
Curiously, the Gnostic Ophites said that the Serpent was Jesus himself, therefore he was crucified in the heavens of the Demiurge as a way to create the man by his photons of light.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Golgotha, which is derived from the Hebrew galgal, meaning a ''circle/dome/vault of heavens''.
This is plainly not true. This is plainly an example of how you are led by your presuppositions. It invalidates your research or at least makes anyone suspicious without checking your math.

'Skull' is such a basic concept (we all possess 'skulls' although apparently some of our craniums have more empty spaces than others). Skulls are round-ish. If anything, and I am just guess rather than doing any actual research here. The word for skull here has been shaped by the roundness of skulls. To make the leap into darkness claiming that skulls were so called because they have something to do with the 'vault of heaven' is simply ridiculous - but typical nonsense from you because of your desperation to reinforce your own pet interests. Please shut up.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

If I was to take seriously this STUPID argument I would note Jastrow's discovery of a very similar word in Aramaic that means 'round stone' http://cal.huc.edu/showjastrow.php?page=245 (top right corner of the page). Evans similarly notes the connection with 'round stone' Golgotha, which means 'Place of the Skull.'” Mark's Κρανίου Τόπος, “Place of the Skull,” translates Γολγοθᾶν (= galgaltāʾ, “round stone”) and what follows https://books.google.com/books?id=cVErD ... 22&f=false

My question is always - why do you want to conduct research in this manner? If someone was to point out how ludicrous an argument I made such as this, I would stand back and think to myself - 'what is the point of trying to support a selfishly stupid argument like this?' I would think about my death and wonder - 'is this what I want to waste my time on this earth doing? ' You really are mad.
Last edited by Secret Alias on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

If I am mad, then Moses Maimonides is mad, too, according to Secret Alias:
For this reason too the cranium is called gulgoleth, because of its being nearly round. Because every sphere rolls rapidly, every spherical thing was called galgal. Hence the heavens were called galgallim because of their being round - I mean, because of their being spherical.
(Maimonides, The Guide of the Perplexed)

https://books.google.it/books?id=QIKPA8 ... en&f=false
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

But you're not getting it. You never seem to get it. There is something wrong with your brain. The ancients understood there to be 'circles' of heaven. Circle is another way of saying round. Skulls are round. You can't make the connection between 'golgotha' and the circle of heavens. There just isn't any connective tissue. There is a hill somewhere that is called 'skull' apparently (notice the emphasis in the gospel). Mark 15:22 They brought Jesus to the place called Golgotha (which means "the place of the skull"). This is singular, the Jewish understanding of heavens is in the plural (circles of the planets).
Last edited by Secret Alias on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

If you read the literature associated with Maimonides he is entering into a discussion regarding Ezekiel's description of 'wheels' or circles on the chariot.

Maimonides distinguishes between the transparent orbs (galgalim) that carry the stars and planets and four spheres (kadurim).

How this has something to do with golgotha is comical at best. Maybe God is riding a unicycle.

Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

The ophanim or ofanim (Heb. "wheels" אוֹפַנִּים ’ōphannīm; singular: אוֹפָן ’ōphān, ofan), also called galgalim (galgallim, גַּלְגַּלִּים - "spheres", "wheels", "whirlwinds"; singular: galgal, גַּלְגַּל), refer to the wheels seen in Ezekiel's vision of the chariot (Hebrew merkabah) in Ezekiel 1:15-21 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophanim

As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. 16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. 18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

So at the end ''Golgotha'' refers to "something domed or vaulted." Possibly as a Cranium.

WHo was the first to allegorize the cranium of the First Man with the ''circle/vault of the heavens'' ?

https://books.google.it/books?id=m7zeBA ... ns&f=false

it's found also in Norse Mythology:
The body itself became the earth, the bones became mountains and stones, the hair became trees and grass, the skull became the vault of heaven, the brain became clouds, and the maggots in Ymir's body became small Dwarfs, who dwelt beneath the earth's surface and in rocks, and who lived on a better footing with the Giants than with the Æsir.
http://oaks.nvg.org/nora.html

A potential link is via Ophites, per Hyppolitus:
The expression "rock," he says, he uses of Adam. This, he affirms, is Adam: "The chief corner-stone become the head of the corner. For that in the head the substance is the formative brain from which the entire family is fashioned. "Whom," he says, "I place as a rock at the foundations of Zion." Allegorizing, he says, he speaks of the creation of the man. The rock is interposed (within) the teeth, as Homer says, "enclosure of teeth," that is, a wall anti fortress, in which exists the inner man, who thither has fallen from Adam, the primal man above. And he has been "severed without hands to effect the division," and has been borne down into the image of oblivion, being earthly and clayish. And he asserts that the twittering spirits follow him, that is, the Logos:- "Thus these, twittering, came together: and then the souls.
http://gnosis.org/library/hyp_refut5.htm

But this doesn't seem a Jewish idea.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

So at the end ''Golgotha'' refers to "something domed or vaulted." Possibly as a Cranium.
No no no no no!!!!! It is called galgaltha because it resembles a round fucking rock. Engaging with you reminds me of making the mistake of trying to teach a dog to jump through hoops WHILE HOLDING BACON IN YOUR HAND. Every "jump!" is understood as "bacon!" because of the idee fixe of the dog.