Why Mideast Peace is Impossible

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Why Mideast Peace is Impossible

Post by Secret Alias »

When the state of Israel was formed the nascent nation was led mostly by European (German) Jewry who were sophisticated people. Over the last few decades the influence of religion in Israel has eclipsed the secular Jewish founders of the state. At the core of the religion is the Jewish equivalent of the expulsion from Eden. In the same way that the nonsensical belief of the 'fall from grace' stands behind Christianity the Jewish understanding of Genesis chapter 2 and 3 put forward that Eden is roughly equivalent to the Land of Israel and resettlement of the land = redemption from Adam's fall from grace. As such Mideast peace is impossible as the Jewish religion is not so secretly about resettlement.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
rakovsky

Re: Why Mideast Peace is Impossible

Post by rakovsky »

I recommend this for a different section of the forum.
Right now I am reading Josephus' Antiquities after finishing the Wars of the Jews. Back then there were numerous nationalities like the Arabs and Idumeans and the Phoenicians and Philistines who were inhabiting the region and they had overlapping claims to the same land. If you go back even farther to 1000 BC, you have the Israelites claiming the same land as the Canaanites and Philistines and others. I agree that the religious-state-nation-nationality combination is a major inherent ideological obstacle to the groups in the region getting along and having equal rights.

With the US and Canada, you are looking at governments and political systems that are not dedicated to any one nationality or religion, so it makes it alot easier for groups to get along, even though there is some disagreement when it comes to Quebec.

My research on the prophecies of the Messiah's resurrection: http://rakovskii.livejournal.com