Mark 1:10

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Ethan

Mark 1:10

Post by Ethan »

Mark 1:10 ... out from the Water, he saw the Heaven opened and the cold-breeze like a Dove, descended down .... he was there in the wilderness forty days .. tempted of Satan

Exodus 24:18
And Moses went into the midst of the cloud and went up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

Mark 1:10 is clearly a rewriting of Exodus 24:18, the word 'Heaven in Greek is Ouranos, the word Cloud in the Hebrew is עָנָן ( Anon ) , the word Mount is הַר and thus running the names together produces הַר עָנָן , the meaning of the word οὐρανός ' abode of clouds'

'Heaven opened' that is οὐρανός σχίζω , however it aught to read, οὐρανός στάζω as in Judges 5:4 ' the heavens dropped, the clouds also dropped water.', read also Proverbs 3:20 ' the clouds drop down the dew.' and Psalms 133:3 'As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion' , the 'Dew' is described in Mark 1:10 like a dove descending down, read Songs 5:2 "my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.".

The word Dove is also the name Jonah, who was swallowed by Cetus ( Sea monster created by Poseidon) eventually vomited upon dry-land, alike the Dove sent out of Noah's Ark to find dry-land , the story of Jonah also alluded to Jesus being tempted by Satan ( Poseidon), often called Devil (διάβολος) which derives from יָבָל (Yabal) meaning down-pour, also the root word of מַבּוּל ( Flood), the Greek word for Flood is κατακλυσμὸν ( Cataclysm), that is κατα (down) + κλύζω ( Wash ) which also exists in the Hebrew language, Chathath (כָּתַת כָּתַשׁ כָּתִית חָתַת ) + Chalaph ( חָלַף ), see also Jeremiah 14:4 - "Because the ground is chapt (chathath) , for there was no rain in the earth " , the word Rain in this verse is גָּשַׁם (Ghasm) is the etymology of the words Chasm and Chaos, Chathath (חָתַת) ( κατα) is the etymology of the word Cetus, the sea monster of Satan ( Poseidon)

Songs 2:14 - O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock , this is used as a parable in Numbers 24:21 "looked on the Kenites, and took up his parable, and said, Strong is thy dwellingplace, and thou puttest thy nest in a rock." , see also Job 29:18 'Then I said, I shall die in my nest , however the Septuagint translates Nest (Qen ) as φοίνικος ( Phoenix ) , the verse aught to read 'My age shall continue like a Phoenix ', one of the symbols of the region, see also Jer 22:23 O inhabitant of Lebanon, that makest thy nest in the cedars, for the Dove in Mark 1:10 is also the Phoenix. However it is the 'Snow' that nests in the mountains of Lebanon that melt in the summer, and regenerates in the winter, that is the origin of the Phoenix and why the region was also named Phoenicia and the white-dove symbolism.
https://vivliothikiagiasmatos.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/joseph-yahuda-hebrew-is-greek.pdf
Ethan

Re: Mark 1:10

Post by Ethan »

Mark 1:9 mentions the location ' Nazareth of Galilee ' , the word Nazareth is transliterating from Zarthan in 1 Kings 7:46 & Joshua 3:16

' 1 Kings 7:46 - In the ' round district' of Jordan , the King cast them in the ' Clay Grounds' (Adam) between Succoth and Zarthan
and similar description in Joshua 3:15 ' the city of Adam, that is beside Zaretan' , Adam is a city here, but written 'clay grounds' in Kings.

The Hebrew name of Galilee is Geliloth Joshua 18:17 " Geliloth, which is over against Adummim (Adam)" and mentioned once
more in Joshua 15:7 " Gilgal, that is before going up to Adummim' . Gilgal is where Joshua pitched twelve stones.

The word Galilee (גָּלִיל) means 'Circuit' , used in Joshua 22:10 ' borders of Jordan' (Galilee-Jordan), the Septuagint reads it 'Galgala (Γαλγαλα) tou Iordanos' and Γαλγαλα is also Gelilth ( Josh 18:17)

1Sa 7:16 - And he went from year to year in circuit to Bethel, and Gilgal, and Mizpeh

Mizpeh, according to Joshua 11:3 is the location of Mt Hermon ( Hermon in the land of Mizpeh ) , also the place in Genesis 31 were Jacob 'gathered stones and made a heap ( Gen 31:46) that is called Galeed ( Gen 31:47) , the word Heap in Hebrew is 'Gal' (גַּל)

Mark 1:5 mentions 'River of Jordan' however Jordan is never called a river in the Old Testament, the name first used in Genesis 13:10
reading 'the plain of Jordan was well watered' , the word Plain is kikkar ( Round /Circuit ) , Septuagint word is περίχωρον ( round-about)
and thus synonyms with the word Galilee, the name Jordan is 'יאר דם' ( streams of blood ) , the word דם'(Dam) is the root word of Adam and a dialectic form of Yam ( Sea) and thus sounded like 'Red Sea' too a Greek reader,and thus the interchanging between Jordan and the Red Sea see Joshua 4:23 and so named in 1 Kings 7:46/Joshua 3:15 ' Clay grounds / City of Adam' , or Edom ( Land of Seir / Syria) ( Judges 5:4), the location of Mt Hermon.

The 'Sea of Galilee' is NOT Lake Gennesaret , it's more likely to be Lake Hula .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hula_Valley
Last edited by Ethan on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://vivliothikiagiasmatos.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/joseph-yahuda-hebrew-is-greek.pdf
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

1 Samuel 7:16 - And he went from year to year in circuit
Joshua 4:9 - Joshua set up twelve stones .

The purpose of those twelve stones is to serve as Orienteering markers as they circuit around Hermon, which they did once a year , the Gk word Wilderness is Eremon (ἐρῆμον) , compare with חֶרְמוֹן (Hermon) and this is the meaning of the 'Wandering in the wilderness' theme in Numbers and it is the origin of the Islamic Festival, the Hajj.

Mark 1:3
The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Capernaum

This word is from כֹּפֶר ( Kopher ) ' Asphalt' or the name of a Lebanese plant in Songs 1:14 and 4:13.

Sng 1:14
My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire (kopher) in the vineyards of Engedi.
( Septuagint reads it κύπρου )

'Engedi means ' fountain of fortune' , put appears in 2 Chronicles 20:2 , located in Hazazon-Tamar in Coele-Syria (Beqaa Valley) , also appearing in Gen 14:7 , the location of the 'Vale of Siddim' , Gen 14:10 describes this place full of 'slimepits, the Septuagint word is 'Asphalt' ( Kopher is also written Asphalt in Gen 6:14).

Songs 1:14 reads 'Cluster of Kopher' , the word 'Cluster' (eshkowl) means 'a bunch of grapes' , also appearing
in the Battle of Siddim ' Eshcol. ( see also Numbees 13:23).

The word 'Asphalt is a transliteration of 'Eshkowl , so the the root is σταφύλη ( Staphule) 'bunch of grapes'
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/mor ... h&la=greek

The Greek word for Vineyard is 'Ampelon, it's suffix 'Alon' means 'Salt or cultivated field , thus in Hebrew it would be 'שָׂדֶה (Sadeh ) or שִׂדִּים (Siddim) (plural) meaning 'cultivated field' (salt is the byproduct of Wine Fermentation) and this is the origin of the name Sodom , called 'City of Salt' in Joshua 15:62 ' city of Salt, and Engedi ' , the Septuagint reads 'city of salt' as πόλεις Σαδωμ (City of Sodom).

Gomorrah, from 'חֶמֶר' 'Wine/Boil up (Gen 14:10) from Greek 'ἡμερίς ( Hmeris) ' the cultivated vine' also written Shemer
(שֶׁמֶר) thus Samaria ( Jeremiah 31:5) also an alias for Damascus ( Isaiah 10:9 / Amos 3:12 1 Kings 20:34 ) , hence it's importance in the Book of Acts.

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/mor ... s&la=greek

Deuteronomy 32:32 ( Sodom and Gomorrah where Vineyards)
For their vine is of the vine of Sodom, and of the fields (shĕdemah) of Gomorrah: their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter

( Corrected translation)
Sng 1:14
My beloved is unto me as a cluster of grapes in the vineyards of Engedi.
Genesis 14:3
Joined together in the vineyard '
Genesis 14:10
And in the Vineyards, they were wells and the wells were full of Wine.

Mark 1:21
And they went into a vineyard?