That Sinaiticus Show

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Steven Avery

Re: That Sinaiticus Show

Post by Steven Avery »

Thanks for bumping this post in April.

The Lucas quote is as helpful today as when it was written.
Maestroh

Post by Maestroh »

Steven Avery wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:15 am Thanks for bumping this post in April.

The Lucas quote is as helpful today as when it was written.
Guy with going on FOUR YEARS now to come up with a believable answer instead resorts to, "Well, since I can't prevent this from being seen, let me act as if I actually like what's going on."
Steven Avery

Post by Steven Avery »

Afaik, any reasonable question you have asked about the Sinaiticus history has been answered, quite succinctly.

The fact that you do not like an answer, or try to obsess on a lesser question as a means of diversion, is quite irrelevant.
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

Well, Steven, I guess most people see the conclusion of this thread different from you. The point where you are right is that Maestroh's posts serve more or less as pointless bumping of this thread. Something I'm guilty of myself with this very post, mind. It would be better to just leave it be.
Steven Avery

Post by Steven Avery »

Ulan, much is planned ahead on Sinaiticus.
(Even though I let it rest a bit the 1st half of 2019.)

David W. Daniels continues to put out fine videos.
(And may have more writing in the fire.)
Chris Pinto also may have some new material.

Good chunks of my writings should be organized into papers.
(including an emphasis on historicity and probability.)

There is a gentleman who wants to propound a "third way" view in his papers. (He is very anti-Simonides, and also wants to show that Sinaiticus is not so ancient, that the 4th century dating is off, think of the David Trobisch references to 6th or 7th century.) His material has the potential to be a big help, as he has dug out some European sources.

And there is a Zosimas Moscow Bible project that is on the warm burner. This is the 1821 Greek Bible whose OT (based on using Codex Alexandrinus as a first part of the lineage), and perhaps Apocrypha, was used as a source for the Sinaiticus/Simoneides codex, per Simonides. A point he repeatedly referenced. And this can turn out to be rather easy to verify. The real research and paper can be done by a person with any "bias", or none, on the Sinaiticus dating question. It is simply a very interesting textual analysis of source-target. It is helped by the fact that Zosimas has its own correction section in the back.

The fact that certain groups of people look for reasons not to receive and understand the evidences is simply par for the course. Not just in Sinaiticus, but in many other areas.

e.g. the many moms and dads who now are convinced to give 50, and more, poisonous injections to their young children. False paradigms and agitprop and faux accusation and censorship and $$$ and cheap debating tricks and institutionalized error can have real effects. That issue I would normally discuss on my Facebook timeline, but I think it is an apt analogy of how misinformation is pushed hard, even to the point of harming the health of a whole generation of children.
Maestroh

Post by Maestroh »

Steven Avery wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:20 pm Afaik, any reasonable question you have asked about the Sinaiticus history has been answered, quite succinctly.
This is a lie that you know is a lie.

You've been dodging questions for years.

When you're afraid of the answer, you just pretend like something that didn't happen actually did.

Steven Avery wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:20 pm The fact that you do not like an answer, or try to obsess on a lesser question as a means of diversion, is quite irrelevant.
The fact that you simply refuse to answer because it exposes your nonsense is well-established.

Steven Avery's mindset: "If the answer is gonna expose me, I'm just gonna lie. LYING is OKAY in the cause of what I want to be true!"
Last edited by Maestroh on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maestroh

Post by Maestroh »

Ulan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:08 am Well, Steven, I guess most people see the conclusion of this thread different from you. The point where you are right is that Maestroh's posts serve more or less as pointless bumping of this thread. Something I'm guilty of myself with this very post, mind. It would be better to just leave it be.
He's not even right about that.

He only showed up suddenly because he's attempting to be "brave" now and pretend I didn't expose him to his own group as a fraud and the liar that he is. And his boy David partakes of this cup of sin by lying himself.

One has to wonder why I should think either of these fellers has the truth when they can't even tell it about themselves.
Last edited by Maestroh on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maestroh

Post by Maestroh »

Steven Avery wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:28 am Ulan, much is planned ahead on Sinaiticus.
(Even though I let it rest a bit the 1st half of 2019.)

David W. Daniels continues to put out fine videos.
(And may have more writing in the fire.)
Chris Pinto also may have some new material.

Good chunks of my writings should be organized into papers.
(including an emphasis on historicity and probability.)
Your incoherent writing prevents this.
Steven Avery wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:28 am There is a gentleman who wants to propound a "third way" view in his papers. (He is very anti-Simonides, and also wants to show that Sinaiticus is not so ancient, that the 4th century dating is off, think of the David Trobisch references to 6th or 7th century.) His material has the potential to be a big help, as he has dug out some European sources.

And there is a Zosimas Moscow Bible project that is on the warm burner. This is the 1821 Greek Bible whose OT (based on using Codex Alexandrinus as a first part of the lineage), and perhaps Apocrypha, was used as a source for the Sinaiticus/Simoneides codex, per Simonides. A point he repeatedly referenced. And this can turn out to be rather easy to verify. The real research and paper can be done by a person with any "bias", or none, on the Sinaiticus dating question. It is simply a very interesting textual analysis of source-target. It is helped by the fact that Zosimas has its own correction section in the back.
You'll note he's doing this research after already stating his conclusions.

Steven Avery wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:28 am The fact that certain groups of people look for reasons not to receive and understand the evidences is simply par for the course. Not just in Sinaiticus, but in many other areas.

Says the 9/11 truther who thinks we should entertain the notion that atomic bombs have never existed......
Steven Avery wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:28 am e.g. the many moms and dads who now are convinced to give 50, and more, poisonous injections to their young children.
He's an anti-vaxxer, too.
Steven Avery wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:28 am False paradigms and agitprop and faux accusation and censorship and $$$ and cheap debating tricks and institutionalized error can have real effects.
There IS no debate. It's over. You lost.
Steven Avery wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:28 am That issue I would normally discuss on my Facebook timeline, but I think it is an apt analogy of how misinformation is pushed hard, even to the point of harming the health of a whole generation of children.
Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice......
Last edited by Maestroh on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steven Avery

Post by Steven Avery »

Potty-mouth vulgarity.

From a supposed Christian.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Just curious Steve. I've come up with a lot of theories - many stupid. Does it ever cross your mind that you might be wrong? I understand it might be hard to speak candidly in front of a group of people you are obviously trying to win over to the correctness of your views. But I was wondering about what are the odds - do you think - you might be wrong? How likely to do think it might be that Sinaiticus WASN'T fabricated by Simonides? That it is exactly what it appears to be - i.e. from antiquity? What are the odds? 10 - 90? 20 - 80? Just wondering ...
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote