let me post it here,cuz many people here,sorry

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
perseusomega9

Re: let me post it here,cuz many people here,sorry

Post by perseusomega9 »

Fascinating
The metric to judge if one is a good exegete: the way he/she deals with Barabbas.

Who disagrees with me on this precise point is by definition an idiot.
-Giuseppe
moses

Post by moses »

are you from the year 2008?
soberxp

Post by soberxp »

moses wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:14 am are you from the year 2008?
I'm not The Space-Time Traveler :notworthy: .of course, That was ten years ago :problem:
soberxp

Post by soberxp »

do u know other bible forum ? easy to registry
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

This is pretty much the only one left, the rest got taken in the rapture described in the OP
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

soberxp wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:15 am oh ,Forgot to say,i have a fig tree on my balcony at October 10th 2008. and I have Some myopia , but When I saw miracles, I didn't have any myopia problem,only When I saw the miracles.but now i still have myopia problem. i don't know why, but i know god can heal my miracles.

so any question or discussion?
Hi soberxp,

This forum is oriented towards discussions about the bible books and early Christian development, and stuff related to that. Tends to be technical stuff.

We do not discuss personal religious experiences here, that would be one of the many forums around that are operated by Christian believers of various kinds. I'm not up to date on what's around anymore. Sorry.

I will say, though, that if you have insight into how your experience helps us understand early Christian development, I think there are some here who receptive of that. The visions that early Jesus followers like Peter, James the Just, Paul and the John (who wrote the Apocalypse) are said to have experienced, whether or they occurred exactly as described in the New Testament books or not, surely influenced how Christianity as we know it today came to be.

I'm not going to speculate how you came to have yours, as the options range from a physical condition that triggers things like that, to a genuine revelation from God himself. But some of the details, such as seeing things very clearly when this is not normally the case to the near-sighted (as I am as well), and seeing Jesus as super big, are often associated with visions.

When I ran a small bible study in my second year of college, this one young man came by several times. He was "schizophrenic" (that was the term used in those times for bi-polar disorder) and he would have these visions, which he had drawn on sheets of paper using colored pencils.

To me his pictures were really distorted (but very beautiful - he'd give Pablo Picasso a run for his money) but to him they made perfect sense.

He wanted to get input from those who were at the meetings whether this sort of thing was normal for God to cause to happen, and to be honest I didn't have a clue what to tell him.

I don't know whether God really causes some people to have visions, but if he does, I'm sure he can arrange for the physical conditions needed just as easily as having it happen outside of the normal laws of physics.

DCH
soberxp

Post by soberxp »

DCHindley wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:47 am
soberxp wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:15 am oh ,Forgot to say,i have a fig tree on my balcony at October 10th 2008. and I have Some myopia , but When I saw miracles, I didn't have any myopia problem,only When I saw the miracles.but now i still have myopia problem. i don't know why, but i know god can heal my miracles.

so any question or discussion?
Hi soberxp,

This forum is oriented towards discussions about the bible books and early Christian development, and stuff related to that. Tends to be technical stuff.

We do not discuss personal religious experiences here, that would be one of the many forums around that are operated by Christian believers of various kinds. I'm not up to date on what's around anymore. Sorry.

I will say, though, that if you have insight into how your experience helps us understand early Christian development, I think there are some here who receptive of that. The visions that early Jesus followers like Peter, James the Just, Paul and the John (who wrote the Apocalypse) are said to have experienced, whether or they occurred exactly as described in the New Testament books or not, surely influenced how Christianity as we know it today came to be.

I'm not going to speculate how you came to have yours, as the options range from a physical condition that triggers things like that, to a genuine revelation from God himself. But some of the details, such as seeing things very clearly when this is not normally the case to the near-sighted (as I am as well), and seeing Jesus as super big, are often associated with visions.

When I ran a small bible study in my second year of college, this one young man came by several times. He was "schizophrenic" (that was the term used in those times for bi-polar disorder) and he would have these visions, which he had drawn on sheets of paper using colored pencils.

To me his pictures were really distorted (but very beautiful - he'd give Pablo Picasso a run for his money) but to him they made perfect sense.

He wanted to get input from those who were at the meetings whether this sort of thing was normal for God to cause to happen, and to be honest I didn't have a clue what to tell him.

I don't know whether God really causes some people to have visions, but if he does, I'm sure he can arrange for the physical conditions needed just as easily as having it happen outside of the normal laws of physics.

DCH
I was sent to psychiatric hospital by my family,cuz I told them "I have seen Jesus " .and the doctor didn't ask me any question but said i'm schizophrenic. I've already gone through in psychiatric hospital many times,And they use violence,I got electrocuted by high voltage. i would say that most of them in the psychiatric hospital are as normal as most people . the hospital Just to earn money ,they lie to people.

really hope I can help you .if u believe in me ,that's not my schizophrenic cuz I saw that visions, I promise

oh,I have some questions , often I read what you post, I can not understand well, which book do you use ?
soberxp

Post by soberxp »

this is an idea from god .hope it can help you. I painted it.
soberxp

Post by soberxp »

just for understanding the vision , for god who art holy in heaven :notworthy: , I art dirty in earth :lol: ,