Gematria σοφια = παυλος = 781

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Gematria σοφια = παυλος = 781

Post by Secret Alias »

As always more gematria
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
lsayre

Re: Gematria σοφια = παυλος = 781

Post by lsayre »

Coincidence?
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Don't know. It is interesting that he often equates 'wisdom' with 'Christ.'
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

words of the same numerical value were associated and the persons, constructs or things to which they pointed were thus revealed to possess a hidden connection or relationship (where sophia and paul are listed as one such relationship) https://books.google.com/books?id=B8zQD ... 22&f=false
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

This author (writing in Spanish) sees this as related to the entire 'Paul = Paraclete' formulation in antiquity https://books.google.com/books?id=xMoZh ... os&f=false
lsayre

Post by lsayre »

Secret Alias wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:42 pm Don't know. It is interesting that he often equates 'wisdom' with 'Christ.'
Might this imply that Paul = Christ
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

I think so. I also wonder whether the name Paulos (which is derived from Latin) might have been developed later. One of the 'fingerprints' of the orthodox redactor of original texts was this Latinized-Greek which shows up everywhere.
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

This connects Philo's Sinai "rock" explanations nicely with Paul's.

So what's the connection to the number behind Saulos then?
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

I've always thought they just picked a name that rhymed with Paul.
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

Makes sense, and I also like that he went from being the king (Saulos) to becoming the "little one" as explanation. It's all possible.

My question was more in the direction that, if you think that gematria plays a role in the name "Paulos", is there a similar pairing for "Saulos" that would at the same time make a statement regarding the name switch. Where did Paul come from when he reached the state of "Sofia"?