Parallel Mark

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Ethan

Parallel Mark

Post by Ethan »

Mark : מלאכי (ἀγγέλου )
Mark 1:2 : Malachi 3:1

Malachi does not have a given name in the Septuagint , ב יד מלאכי = ἐν χειρὶ ἀγγέλου , His
name is translated as a ἀγγέλου. However the word 'Mark- from Latin Merx- "Merchant"
is a synonym of ἀγγέλου - מלאכי because Merchants also ferried letters around the Mediterranean .

John Elijah
Mark 1:6 : ζώνην δερματίνην
2 Kings 1:8 : ζώνην δερματίνην

אֵזוֹר : ζωνάριον - ζώνην - Ἰωάννης (Funis)

τρίχας καμήλου (Elijah's Mantle)
- Camlet (woven fabric of Goat Hair)
- μηλωτή (sheepskin, any rough woolly skin)
- τρίχας - πυρράκης : שער
- δασὺς - אדרת (Gen 25:25 / 2 Kings 2:13)

2 Kings 2:8
Elijah took his mantle
καὶ ἔλαβεν Ηλιου τὴν μηλωτὴν

2 Kings 2:6
And Elijah said unto him, Tarry, I pray thee, here; for the LORD hath sent me to Jordan.

Mark 1:5
were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing(ἐξομολογούμενοι) their sins.
* βαπτίζει : בעת : ἔπνιγεν ( choking, stifling, of the effects of heat, and so stifling heat )

2 Chronicles 30:22
ἐξομολογούμενοι τῷ κυρίῳ θεῷ τῶν πατέρων
Confession to the LORD God of their fathers.

Mark 1:4 - remission (ἄφεσις) of sins.

ἄφεσις ( Aphesis)
חֻפְשָׁה (huphshah) * Lev 19:20
חֹפֶשׁ (hophesh) *fabric for horse riding *ἵππιος
ἄφεσις = דְּרוֹר (dĕrowr)
στρουθῶν (Sparrow-Ostrich-Owl)
היבל(Jubilee)
ἐλευθερία (Eleutheria )
Liberia

Lev 16:26
And he (Aaron) that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp.
καὶ ὁ ἐξαποστέλλων τὸν χίμαρον τὸν διεσταλμένον εἰς ἄφεσιν πλυνεῖ τὰ ἱμάτια

Mark 1:7
There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
ἔρχεται ὁ ἰσχυρότερός μου ὀπίσω μου οὗ οὐκ εἰμὶ ἱκανὸς κύψας λῦσαι τὸν ἱμάντα τῶν ὑποδημάτων αὐτοῦ

2 Kings 2:12 - he took hold of his own clothes(ἱματίων ) and rent them in two(διέρρηξεν ) pieces.
2 Kings 2:13 -Elisha then picked up Elijah's cloak that had fallen from him and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan.

Mark 15:24 - and they parted(διαμερίζω) his garments(ἱμάτιον)

2 Kings 2:12 - And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father,
Mark 15:34 - Jesus cried with a loud voice, My God, my God

Mar 15:35
And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias.
Last edited by Ethan on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
https://vivliothikiagiasmatos.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/joseph-yahuda-hebrew-is-greek.pdf
Ethan

Re: Parallel Mark

Post by Ethan »

Mark 1:2 : Malachi 3:1
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:

Malachi 4:5
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD

Malachi 1:2
Was not Esau Jacob's brother?

Genesis 25:25 - Esau's Mantle (אדרת)
1 Kings 19:19 - Elijah cast the mantle(אדרת) on Elisha

Gen 25:32-3 * Esau cast his mantle on Jacob
Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
https://vivliothikiagiasmatos.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/joseph-yahuda-hebrew-is-greek.pdf
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Ovid, Metamorphoses 2. 319 ff (trans. Melville) (Roman epic C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :
Phaethon, driving the chariot of the Helios, was struck down by the thunderbolt of Zeus , Phaethon, flames ravaging his auburn hair (capillo), falls headlong down, a streaming trail of light, as sometimes through the cloudless vault of night a star, though never falling, seems to fall. Eridanus receives him, far from home, in his wide waters half a world away. And bathes his burning face.

Capillo - Hair
Capella - Goat

2 Kings 2
11 - There appeared a chariot and Horse of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
13 - He took up also the mantle(Hair) of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;
14 - And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters

The Greek word for hurricane is καταιγίς , the suffix of this word is αἰγίς "Goatskin" that was worn by Elijah
but the word in 2:11 is συσσεισμῷ , from σεισμός (Seisma) "Shaking"

Mat 28:2
And, behold, there was a great Hurricane (σεισμός ) for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

1 Kings 19:11
And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake(συσσεισμῷ ) but the LORD was not in the earthquake(συσσεισμῷ )

1Ki 19:13
And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave.

1 Kings 19:15
And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael (Αζαηλ) to be king over Syria

Act 9:3 - Elijah in Damascus
And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven

Mar 1:3
The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight

Αζαηλ - עֲזָאזֵל "Scapegoat" (Ἀλεξίκακος)

Lev 16:8
And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat

Lev 16:10
and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

Lev 16:26
And he that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp.
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Joshua 4:23 - For the LORD your God dried up the Jordan
2 Kings 2:8 - Elijah smote the waters ... dry ground.
Eridanos means "Early Burnt" from the Greek words êri and danos. It was probably derived from the story of Phaethon--whose flaming body plunged into the river when he was struck from the chariot of the sun by the thunderbolt of Zeus.
This is describing a River that annually dried up, so it can't be the River Jordan .

Elijah as a strong association with Sparta and there is a summit called Mount Elijah (Taygetus) and from the foot of
this mountain, is a River that is bone-dry in the Summer and floods in the Winter. This is called Rintomo .

Ριντομος : Ρόον δανός : Ἠριδανός : Ιορδάνου

In 1 Kings 17:1 , Elijah is described as a Tishbite and θέσπις (théspis ) is the Greek word for Actor named after Thespis
who traveled around Greece in a Cart.

Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

However the word 'Mark- from Latin Merx- "Merchant"
Mental patient
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Mark (רגע/מלך/דרך/ירך/רגל/ילך/ארצ/מלאכת)
Sign, line of division, marker, standard, boundary, limit, term, border; defined area, district, borderland

Mercurius (מלכקרת)
Boundaries, Merchants, Messengers, Wayfarers, Apostles

Malachi - Marcus
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Proverbs 11:22
Nose-ring of gold in a swine's snout

Josephus Ant 8:45
He put a ring that had a root of one of those sorts mentioned by Solomon to the nostrils of the demoniac, after which he drew out the demon through his nostrils

χοίρ : χγίρ:> χζίρ(חזיר) : χδίρ : γδαρ : γαδαρα

חזירון : Gadarene * GDR
χοῖρος : Gerasene * GRS

Mark 5:1
other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes
πέραν (עבר) τῆς (את) θαλάσσης(ים) εἰς(ל) τὴν (את) χώραν (ארצו/אור) τῶν (את) Γαδαρηνῶν

Mar 5:13
And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

The word 'Choked' , πνίγω is the meaning behind βαπτίζω , in the Septuagint, πνίγω
is a translation of בעת (Bath) ( 1 Samuel 16:15) as well as βαπτίζει (Isaiah 21:4)

βαπτ - βατ - בעת ( Bath )
πνίγ - πνιξ - βνιξ -- βνιτ -בעת (Bath)

πνῖγος also means "stifling heat,
- Matthew 3:11 "Baptize with Fire"

It also as a meaning in Ancient Greek theater.

Pnigos : Sometimes known as 'a choker', it comprises a few short lines appended to the parabasis proper as a kind of rapid patter
A parabasis usually consists of three songs (S) alternating with three speeches (s) in the order S-s-S-s-S-s. The first speech often ends with a passage which is to be rattled off very quickly (theoretically in one breath - called a πνῖγος - pnigos). The parabasis is exclusively a feature of Old Comedy, and after the parabasis was abandoned the role of the chorus declined.
Plat. Laws 11.919a
εὐδιεινὴν γαλήνην παρασχὼν ἢ πνίγεσιν ἀναψυχήν
providing tranquillity and calm to those buffeted by fierce storms or restful coolness after torrid heat