Evidence that 1 Clement is forgery

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Re: Evidence that 1 Clement is forgery

Post by Giuseppe »

My view: Paul says that someone called James, Peter and John as Pillars. He doesn't like the implication of this label: to honour the three men. And his justification is that no man has to be honoured if not by God.

How could a true follower of Paul honour the man Paul even if he knew that Paul didn't like be called with a onorific title (as even the name himself 'PAUL' seems to mean, as self-invitation to humility ?

It is like if someone who wants be called (and was called) 'Little' is called 'Great' by a his presumed follower: contradiction.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Giuseppe wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 am My view: Paul says that someone called James, Peter and John as Pillars. He doesn't like the implication of this label: to honour the three men. And his justification is that no man has to be honoured if not by God.

How could a true follower of Paul honour the man Paul even if he knew that Paul didn't like be called with a onorific title (as even the name himself 'PAUL' seems to mean, as self-invitation to humility ?

It is like if someone who wants be called (and was called) 'Little' is called 'Great' by a his presumed follower: contradiction.
This is the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, plain and simple.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

And debating an obvious fallacy is boring. Enjoy your fantasy.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Ben C. Smith wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:57 amEnjoy your fantasy.
...the very thing I had been eager to do all along (Gal 2:10).
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.