Did Marcion hate the Son of Man? The Case

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Did Marcion hate the Son of Man? The Case

Post by Giuseppe »

Reading Mark again under the separationist hypothesis that the man Jesus (a creature of the demiurge) represents the Son of Man, then when the divine Christ (as distinct from the man Jesus) says:

And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven

(Mark 14:62)

...This can be translated so:

And Jesus said, I am [the Christ of the Alien Christ]: and ye shall see the man Jesus the Messiah of the Demiurge sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven

Hence the sinedrites believe that the man Jesus had just said these words (not being able to recognize the presence of another entity: the divine Christ), and so they will kill him under the accusation of blasphemy. In this way provoking the future vengeance by the demiurge against the same Jews.

But the point is: just by saying the words of Mark 14:62, the divine Christ abandoned the Son of Man Jesus to his fate of death.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4520

Hence when the Messiah ben David will come, he will be the cruel conqueror who will avenge the death of the Messiah ben Joseph: i.e. Jesus Nazarene. Hence Joseph from Arimathea remembers the fact that the dead Jesus is the Messiah son of Joseph.

Therefore the divine Christ is opposing the his ability to forgive the sins (since he is the Son of the Good God) against the not-ability of the Son of Man to forgive sins (since he is the Son of the Demiurge).

But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, 11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home

(Mark 2:10-11)

The marcionite irony
of Mark 2:10-11 is that the creature of the demiurge, only as possessed by the Christ of the Good God, "has authority on earth to forgive sins". The rather sinister prediction is that when the Son of Man will be not more possessed by the spiritual Christ of the alien God, he will become again the moral monster and cruel Judge sent by the evil demiurge.

Hence the Jews are advised and warned: only by putting their hope on the grace of the divine Christ of an alien God, they can escape "the abomination of the desolation": the same Son of Man, the Messiah of the Demiurge, the god creator.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Giuseppe

Re: Did Marcion hate the Son of Man? The Case

Post by Giuseppe »

Hence the "abomination of desolation" is probably Bar Kokhba, believed by Marcion the Messiah of the Demiurge.
Giuseppe

Re: Did Marcion hate the Son of Man? The Case

Post by Giuseppe »

14 “When you see ‘the abomination that causes desolation’ standing where it does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains

(Mark 13:14)

Translated for the marcionite insiders:

14 “When you see ‘the Son of Man’ standing where it does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains

When the Son of Man stands "where it does not belong"?

When the Jewish Messiah is all but not the Jewish Messiah?

When he is crucified by the same Jews and placed in a tomb, "standing where it does not belong".

Hence there is the resurrection of a moral monster in Mcn.