Was Jesus seized by the Christ of the Demiurge when he was baptized by John?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Was Jesus seized by the Christ of the Demiurge when he was baptized by John?

Post by Giuseppe »

if this is the case, then, when Jesus dies, he gave back the Jewish Christ to the demiurge who sent him, and ascended to the supreme god, the Good God (not YHWH) from whom he originated like all men.

So the readers of Mark are deceived just as the people around the teacher Jesus in the story: they believe that Jesus is the Jewish Christ. Even Jesus believes this, since he is possessed by the Jewish Christ (and only in this sense he is justified to believe this).

So the words of Luke 23:46 are making (relatively speaking) the same point of Mark ('My God why do you abandon me?'):

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

...where clearly the 'father' here is the demiurge, the father of the Jewish Christ possessing Jesus, and not Jesus himself (who is not the Son of YHWH).

Once without more the spirit of the Jewish Christ possessing him, Jesus died and ascended to the Alien God. Evidence of this is his being in the "Galilee of Gentiles", where the Gentiles are the Christians who adore this alien God and not more YHWH.

So who is crucified realizes that the true alien spirit is just who is abandoning him (i.e. the demiurgical Christ) on the cross, while his true inner self comes from the Good God.

Without the crucifixion, there would be no new self-knowledge by the man Jesus, and consequently no ascent, and no true salvation from the demiurge.

The problem with this view is that it assumes the mere humanity of Jesus. But I am more persuaded that the 'humanity' of Jesus is used against the gnostics: it can't be an original item of the Gnostic propaganda.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.