Patristic Quotes from luke 22,43,44? Textual criticism

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Rafael silva

Patristic Quotes from luke 22,43,44? Textual criticism

Post by Rafael silva »

Hello friends I am doing work in luke 22,43,44 I would like to know the Patristic quotations of this verse before the 3rd Century, If someone has any article or some thesis can send me that I will read with much affection
Ben C. Smith

Re: Patristic Quotes from luke 22,43,44? Textual criticism

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Rafael silva wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 pm Hello friends I am doing work in luke 22,43,44 I would like to know the Patristic quotations of this verse before the 3rd Century, If someone has any article or some thesis can send me that I will read with much affection
Start with LaParola. You know the site by now. Make a list of the church fathers mentioned there. I know in this case, for the bloody sweat, that you will find purportedly early ones like Justin Martyr this time (go to Dialogue 103.8).

I happen to have presented and translated majuscule 0171 on this very site some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2124. It may be the earliest textual witness to these verses.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Rafael silva

Re: Patristic Quotes from luke 22,43,44? Textual criticism

Post by Rafael silva »

Ben C. Smith wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:36 pm
Rafael silva wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 pm Hello friends I am doing work in luke 22,43,44 I would like to know the Patristic quotations of this verse before the 3rd Century, If someone has any article or some thesis can send me that I will read with much affection
Start with LaParola. You know the site by now. Make a list of the church fathers mentioned there. I know in this case, for the bloody sweat, that you will find purportedly early ones like Justin Martyr this time (go to Dialogue 103.8).

I happen to have presented and translated majuscule 0171 on this very site some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2124. It may be the earliest textual witness to these verses.
I do not know your brother more I believe that this verse of luke 22,43,44 and luke 23,34 are authentic because they have many patristic testimonies ancient and supported by Sinaiticus and many manuscripts