Loaves and Fishes

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Thor

Re: Loaves and Fishes

Post by Thor »

The Crow wrote:In that it is a worship of the heavens so I guess in that sense your right Neil. Jordan Maxwell claims that no ancient people believed the Sun to be God. He makes what he considers to be two important points:
First, with the exception of Japan, the ancient world mythologies always understood the Sun to be masculine in qualities, and the moon feminine.
Second, the English language is derived from the German. In the Germanic, the word 'Sun' is spelled 'Sonne'.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bibli ... zar_41.htm

While not wanting to involve myself in discussion concerning some "grand theory" that contains all answers and all explanations, I could not resist commenting on some specific parts quoted.

Jordan Maxwell claims many things, which unfortunately only show ability to make claims does not add strength to claims in itself. All deities are with present knowledge anthropomorphic constructions. What ancient people truly believed is limited to assumptions of how the human cognitive conceptualization is known to function.

The Norse goddess Sòl ( Sun ) and her brother Màni ( Moon ), are one of several versions on projections corresponding to a certain context. Which implies context as source for understanding, and not necessarily some notion of existing general rules as decisive element. Not that I deny a extremely high correlation present in claim presented. I am simply reminding correlation being different from causation.

What the English language and its origin in Germanic languages reveal is equally vague. The word 'Sun' is spelled 'Sonne' in Germanic, is statement which really does not say much. In Scandinavian languages ( Origin in Proto-Norse/Proto-Germanic ) Old Norse sunnudagr ( Day of the sun ), have been regarded as variations of both masculine and feminine properties. In Norway where I come from this mixed use is still present, where one part of the population use
masculine - en sol / solen ( a sun / the sun ), and another part speaking my dialect use feminine- ei sol / sola ( a sun / the sun ).

But I admit it could be my questions and concerns that actually are weak, and not claims made by Maxwell.

The Crow wrote:What is interesting is that I have read that all churches faces East. The "Sun" rises in the East. Coincidence?
This is a question I have found interest in myself. Not having found answers that satisfies my skepticism towards own views or understanding, I find a passage in Tertullian`s work Ad Nationes to be very interesting.

Book I , Chapter XIII
Others, with greater regard to good manners, it must be confessed, suppose that the sun is the god of the Christians, because it is a well-known fact that we pray towards the east, or because we make Sunday a day of festivity. What then? Do you do less than this? Do not many among you, with an affectation of sometimes worshipping the heavenly bodies likewise, move your lips in the direction of the sunrise? It is you, at all events, who have even admitted the sun into the calendar of the week; and you have selected its day, in preference to the preceding day as the most suitable in the week for either an entire abstinence from the bath, or for its postponement until the evening, or for taking rest and for banqueting. By resorting to these customs, you deliberately deviate from your own religious rites to those of strangers. For the Jewish feasts on the Sabbath and “the Purification,” and Jewish also are the ceremonies of the lamps, and the fasts of unleavened bread, and the “littoral prayers,” all which institutions and practices are of course foreign from your gods. Wherefore, that I may return from this digression, you who reproach us with the sun and Sunday should consider your proximity to us. We are not far off from your Saturn and your days of rest.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Even in modern astrology the Sun is considered masculine and the Moon feminine. The thing that I did not see was exactly what ancient mythologies he was referring to. The Sun no matter how you spell it or in what dialect you use has always been the center of many ancient religions. I will admit that I did not investigate his claim any further and maybe I should. Robert or Neil one hopefully will jump in here and maybe clarify some of this stuff.
Thor

Post by Thor »

The Crow wrote:Even in modern astrology the Sun is considered masculine and the Moon feminine.
Modern astrology is irrelevant to ancient conceptions and understanding.
The Crow wrote:The thing that I did not see was exactly what ancient mythologies he was referring to. The Sun no matter how you spell it or in what dialect you use has always been the center of many ancient religions.
I never implied anything that could be interpreted as the Sun not being the center of many ancient religions. I merely commented on Maxwell and his claim you quoted:
First, with the exception of Japan, the ancient world mythologies always understood the Sun to be masculine in qualities, and the moon feminine.
Second, the English language is derived from the German. In the Germanic, the word 'Sun' is spelled 'Sonne'.
I could list several ancient goddesses representing the Sun in some aspect or another. But my intention was not to rip apart Maxwell`s claim, even though it is so flawed it almost invites one to do so. Instead I will attempt to make this a productive conversation, and select the Greek goddess Eos, Goddess of the dawn. Eos deriving from what is assumed to be a shared root in Proto-Indo Europan word meaning "dawn". Or as the somewhat closer word used in my dialect ;),
with origin in Proto-Norse, Aust ( Dawn/East/Where the sun rise ). Perhaps familiar to those with knowledge of Latin, as I believe it to be very close.

If you wonder why I emphasize the linguistic aspect, it was only because I am curious about what was meant by the Sun/Sonne reference, as I can only gain knowledge by asking questions.
ghost

Post by ghost »

Thor wrote:
The Crow wrote:What is interesting is that I have read that all churches faces East. The "Sun" rises in the East. Coincidence?
This is a question I have found interest in myself.
Is it not because the Roman empire was expanding eastwards?

http://www.carotta.de/subseite/echo/tumult-e.html
26. Once more the map of the Empire
http://www.carotta.de/subseite/echo/01_4cm.jpg
http://www.carotta.de/subseite/echo/tumult/01.jpg

This delocalization of the events from Gallia to Galilaea became necessary with the founding of the second dynasty.
As Caesar had become big in the Gallic war in Gallia, Vespasianus copied him in the Jewish war in Galilaea.
Galilaea had been the cradle of power for the Flavians, as Gallia had been for the Iulians.
The statue of Divus Iulius in Rome was miraculously ad orientem conversa, ‘turned to the Orient’: ‘converted’ one should say. From then on it looked in the same direction as the temple of Divus Vespasianus: to the East.
Thor

Post by Thor »

ghost wrote: Is it not because the Roman empire was expanding eastwards?
According to writings of early church fathers and present Catholic teachings it is related to direction of the rising sun.

From chapter three in Joseph Ratzinger`s book - The Spirit of the Liturgy
Facing east, as we heard, was linked with the "sign of the Son of Man," with the Cross, which announces the Lord’s Second Coming. That is why very early on the east was linked with the sign of the Cross. Where a direct common turning towards the east is not possible, the cross can serve as the interior "east" of faith. It should stand in the middle of the altar and be the common point of focus for both priest and praying community. In this way we obey the ancient call to prayer: "Conversi ad Dominum," "Turn to the Lord!" In this way we look together at the One whose death tore the veil of the Temple – the One who stands before the Father for us and encloses us in his arms in order to make us the new and living Temple.

Moving the altar cross to the side to give an uninterrupted view of the priest is something I regard as one of the truly absurd phenomena of recent decades. Is the cross disruptive during Mass? Is the priest more important than the Lord? This mistake should be corrected as quickly as possible; it can be done without further rebuilding. The Lord is the point of reference. He is the rising sun of history. That is why there can be a cross of the Passion, which represents the suffering Lord who for us let his side be pierced, from which flowed blood and water (Eucharist and Baptism), as well as a cross of triumph, which expresses the idea of the Second Coming and guides our eyes towards it. For it is always the one Lord: Christ yesterday, today, and forever (Heb 13:8).
Not that there is no other influential relations. I just struggle to see how you get from "A" to "B" without the need of taking a leap of faith. But perhaps you could elaborate about the connection? As you can see I only have the version Christianity presents to work with, but would be interested in other approaches if there is some weight behind to support such views.
ghost

Post by ghost »

Thor wrote:From chapter three in Joseph Ratzinger`s book - The Spirit of the Liturgy
He is the rising sun of history.
The day he was assasinated he was going to be crowned king, but was pseudocrucified instead. The quasicoronation with pseudocrucifixion marks the rise of the Roman empire.
Not that there is no other influential relations. I just struggle to see how you get from "A" to "B" without the need of taking a leap of faith.
It's Vespasian who dared to turn the Roman empire towards the rising sun. That is why IC XP became associated with the sun.
But perhaps you could elaborate about the connection? As you can see I only have the version Christianity presents to work with, but would be interested in other approaches if there is some weight behind to support such views.
It's not unheard of that the origins of a religion are reinterpreted in retrospect. In this case IC XP is reinterpreted as the sun itself, but that's because Vespasian made IC XP face the rising run.

PS: In Norwegian there is also something about IC XP:

https://rogerviklund.wordpress.com/cate ... o-carotta/
Robert Tulip

Post by Robert Tulip »

Response to viewtopic.php?p=13788#p13788
SpiritofLife wrote:And what exactly does it have to do with Astrotheology?
I do like it when fundamentalist Christians comment on my views as it gives me the opportunity to respond and clarify. By fundamentalist I mean anyone who holds a firm belief that is not supported by scientific evidence, such as young earth creationism or the existence of God or Christ. I have chosen here to comment at length on each statement that Spirit of Life made in this post, as a way to explore the relation between my own astral theology and my understanding of conventional theology
SpiritofLife wrote: Yeshua, Jesus say in John 8, I am from my Father above, you are of your father the devil, there is good and evil.
Here we find a traditional distinction implying that the supernatural transcendental imagination of religion can be defined as good, while the natural immanent reality of the world is defined as evil. This concept of religion needs to be transformed to recognise that nature is good and that evil is a product of a corrupted imagination. So we should apply a hermeneutic of suspicion to all such imaginative interpretations that lack support in evidence and logic. John 8 makes no mention of good and evil, so the claim that Jesus makes that statement is wrong.
SpiritofLife wrote:Jesus said, you search the scriptures thinking you will find life but the life is in me.
I am not familiar with that quote, and as with the previous misleading assertion, I suspect that Spirit of Life is making it up. I understand that is what fundamentalists do, since they claim to be forgiven for believing things that are false, but I prefer in conversation to try to maintain more rigorous epistemic standards.
SpiritofLife wrote: My point, if you search the stars for life without having and knowing the Spirit of Life and the Power of Life, you have only sin and death.
That is not a point. What I derive from traditional usage of such language, defining spirit in supernatural terms, is that if you make things up you can believe anything. The implication taken by creationists from such talk is often that natural science should be avoided as sinful. That is an incredibly evil and stupid fundamentalist claim, but useful to hear since there are many people who believe that science is wrong. In fact, science is good.
SpiritofLife wrote: The Aeons, the principalities and powers in heavenly, high places are real.
Here we have a misreading of the Bible, mixing together two verses. The principalities and powers of the present darkness referred to in Ephesians 6:10 are on earth, not in heaven. Ephesians 3:9-10 says God created all things through Jesus Christ so that the manifold wisdom of God might be made known to the principalities and the powers in the heavenly places. Grammatically, that does not necessarily mean the principalities are in heaven, but that the wisdom of God is in heaven. A more coherent reading is that this manifold wisdom of God is made known through observation of the stars. Ephesians 6:12 says our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world's rulers of the darkness of this age, and against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. The meaning of ‘heavenly places’ is unclear here, but the term ”and” joining the two objects of Pauline wrestling indicates that contrary to the assertion by Spirit of Life, the heavenly places do not include the world rulers of the present darkness of this age.
SpiritofLife wrote: We wrestle against, war against these powers.
This commentary involves a fundamentalist argument against astrotheology that relies on a mistaken conflation between the Aeons and the powers of darkness, where Ephesians itself makes no such conflation.
SpiritofLife wrote: Yeshua, YHVH raised from the dead is the power above every name, dominion, principality, that can be named.
That theology rests on the verse John 10:30 ‘I and the Father are one’. I tend more towards a subordinationist Arian theology, seeing God the Father as the eternal totality of being in the universe, and God the Son as the temporal manifestation of eternity within terrestrial time. This is entirely compatible with the idea of the Logos as pre-existent, because the Logos or cosmic reason is manifested in the ordered structures of time on earth, structures that are a local reflection of the vast immensity of the universe. So Spirit of Life is correct to say Jesus Christ is a power above every name, in the sense that local cosmic order enfolds all terrestrial entities. But it would be wrong to say Jesus is more powerful than a universal cosmic principle such as the law of gravity or the law of cumulative adaptation.
SpiritofLife wrote: The power of spirit of death has been crushed for those who believe and confess Jesus is Lord, believing in their heart that God raised Him from the dead.
This prioritisation of heart over brain is a key to fundamentalist methods. Supernatural religion is deeply anti-scientific, and therefore deeply unethical. God only raised Christ from the dead in allegorical symbolic terms. To argue otherwise is to exhibit an impudent defiance of all reason and evidence. Miracles do not happen. The Bible stories of miracles are just parables, symbolic myths intended to convey a deeper natural lesson.
SpiritofLife wrote: Astrotheology is not out side the Spirit realm of the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation.
I can accept that association between astrotheology and the spirit of wisdom, unless ‘Spirit realm’ is defined in supernatural terms that conflict with physics.
SpiritofLife wrote: Because of their unbelief they did not consider God as the Source of Understanding.
This makes me suspect the previous sentence accidentally said the opposite of what was intended, something that fundamentalists often do. God is not the source of understanding. Human brains are the source of understanding. Understanding is scientific knowledge. To claim that revelation provides understanding is corrupt. ‘Revelation’ has the status of conjecture, and has to be tested through efforts to refute it. Claims that are not testable cannot be classed as understanding.
SpiritofLife wrote: The Secret book of John gives an account of Grace creation different than the Law of Moses account.
What is the secret book of John? My view is that there is a secret natural Gnostic message in the canonical gospel of John, within this idea at 1:17 that the law was given through Moses, while grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. The thematic symbolism of the shift of covenant from law to grace described by John and Paul matches the symbolism of the actual shift of the autumn equinox from Libra (law) to Virgo (grace), as observed as a major event encoded in the loaves and fishes parable.
SpiritofLife wrote: The Kingdom of YHVH is here, it is now.
Again, this is a piece of fundamentalist nonsense. Here and now, the world is dominated by evil. So it is simply untrue to announce this realized eschatology. The world is alienated from the earth, producing a destructive depravity in human culture.
SpiritofLife wrote: Repent, Metanoia, have a change of mind, a transformation.
Well and good, but the needed ethical transformation is towards science, not away from it. A theory of transformation requires rigorous analysis, not blind acceptance of revealed authority.
SpiritofLife wrote: The Kingdom of Heaven is open.
That is a meaningless statement. The Kingdom of Heaven is imaginary.
SpiritofLife wrote: The cherub, can be a vehicle of transport, Cherubim and Seriphim are inter dimensional.
”Inter dimensional” is totally vague in meaning. I have noticed the tendency of some believers to spatialise non-spatial concepts, such as angels.
SpiritofLife wrote: The heavens and the earth, the Father, the Mother, the Son rule the Kingdom of Light.
This replacement of the Holy Spirit by the Mother is an interesting variant on Trinitarian thinking. Traditionally, the Holy Spirit was female, but the intense patriarchal bigotry of the early church required a sex change operation for the Holy Spirit, who is something of a tranny with ambiguous gender.
SpiritofLife wrote: I saw in Mark 6 that a hard heart will keep you from understanding the loaves; if I don't understand the loaves, how will I understand the universe.
The five loaves are the five visible planets. The real hardness of heart described by Jesus is the dogmatic ideology of the institutional church in its failure to see and hear and understand the Gnostic science at the real foundation of the Christ Myth.
SpiritofLife wrote: Even Einstein talked about the mind of the scientist affecting the outcome of experiments.
Einstein is one of the greatest geniuses of history. I am not familiar with this claimed quote, and it does conflict to some extent with Einstein’s doubts about the uncertainty principle. The relevance here of this point about the influence of mind is that our world is socially constructed, not discovered, so all beliefs about what is important and valuable resolve to assertions of faith. In the loaves and fishes example, the discovery of precession is used to construct a vision of faith as enabling universal creative abundance. The old covenant of Aries and Libra has passed away, and a new heaven and new earth appears in the shift of the sun into the Pisces-Virgo axis of the equinoxes. This vision recognises the scale of human depravity, with Christ representing the golden age in the middle of the iron age, the spirit of enlightenment in the midst of ignorance, and in Bonhoeffer’s terms, the beyond in the midst of the world.
SpiritofLife wrote: The voice of our Source is speaking to our thoughts.
Capitalising Source in that way suggests an intentional entity. That is a myth. Our real source is discovered by astronomy, with the study of the evolution of the universe. This source only has a voice in metaphorical terms, as I discussed with Neil Godfrey earlier in this thread in terms of the voice of the Sun. This voice is mathematical, seen in the ordered regularity of consistent physical laws. One way to see this is to say that human language is the universe made conscious, with the ability to represent observation as symbol.
SpiritofLife wrote: Are we listening to the voice from heaven?
That is an excellent question, but only if we comprehend heaven in purely natural terms, as the structure of time revealed in the stately ordered sweep of the visible cosmos.
SpiritofLife wrote: Our spirits have power, limited by our understanding.
The power of spirit is enhanced by understanding. Spirit can be understood as our ability to express our perceptions in conceptual terms, in ways that achieve emotional resonance with our innate sense of archetypal value. So the spirit of Christ represents an unconscious awareness of the need for a connection between time and eternity as the basis for salvation. Shifting this idea from myth to science is the aim of astrotheology, as a basis for a new scientific reformation of Christian faith, to mobilise the social power of love.
SpiritofLife wrote: Astrotheology, with out the resurrection power of Christ has no power for life, or true understanding power.
The resurrection power of Christ is the annual rebirth of the sun in spring after the death of winter, and the daily rebirth of the sun after its nightly death. These basic temporal structures of resurrection in the year and day also map on to the slow cycle of precession, with the death of the old age leading to the cyclic rebirth of life in the dawn of a new age. At the time of Christ this rebirth was understood as the death of Aries/Libra and the birth of Pisces/Virgo. Now we are at the cusp of the death of Pisces/Virgo as the vital principle of cosmic élan and the birth of Aquarius/Leo as the governing framework of universal religion.
SpiritofLife wrote: Sin and death is a power.
I was chatting with a friend the other day about the ontological status of death. Unlike the other three horsemen of the apocalypse, plague, war and famine, death is an end rather than a means. But, death also is a means, in that the apocalyptic loss of large numbers of people itself produces a collapse of social systems. Pauline theology routinely conflates sin and death in a rather confusing way, but the connection, as I see it, is that the essence of sin is ignorance, producing delusion, error, death and destruction. I agree with Augustine’s critique of Manichæan cosmology, that evil emerges through corruption of the good principle of the universe, and is not itself a rival cosmic principle.
SpiritofLife wrote: The Law of the Spirit of Life has made me free from the law of sin and death.
That is Romans 8:2. Romans 8 is a wonderful cosmic parable, especially at verse 21 – ‘the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of decay into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.’ This sense of the earth as existing in bondage to decay reflects the Gnostic idea of the demiurge, although my impression is that there is a widespread misreading of Gnosticism with the claim that they viewed the creation as evil. It seems to me rather that Gnosticism sees the creation as good, but in bondage to sin, through the false human construction of illusory appearance in the place of true reality. So the freedom of creation through the law of the spirit of life as proclaimed by Paul involves an atoning reconciliation between world and earth, of culture and nature, of time and eternity.
SpiritofLife wrote: These are spiritual laws that control the universe.
The only laws that control the universe are the laws of physics. Spiritual laws are only meaningful in so far as they accord with physical laws.
SpiritofLife wrote: When I find some one who understands the loaves, there will be power, signs and wonders.
But there is no basis to assert that anything in the Bible justifies any departure from the scientific worldview and its materialist paradigm, although physical materialism needs then to be combined with a cultural idealism, a recognition of the central role of myth in the construction of social identity. Understanding the loaves and fishes is a deep puzzle, given how Christendom has used it to reinforce a false miraculous paradigm. Understanding requires recognition that miracle is always metaphor.
SpiritofLife wrote: Until then, it's just a bunch of guys with hard hearts who do not understand Grace and Truth.
The question of who has a hard heart requires assessment of willingness to examine fundamental presuppositions. My basic assumption in all this material is that Christianity has forgotten and corrupted its origins in a natural enlightened Gnosticism, in favour of a supernatural deluded Orthodoxy. This hypothesis on my part is not a dogma, but rather a basis for dialogue. It simply provides a far more elegant and parsimonious explanation to see talk of God as arising from the psychology of imaginative projection rather than the action of an intentional eternal being.
SpiritofLife wrote: YHVH save us, YHVH help us, in the name of Jesus Yeshua.
That sort of language only makes sense if we consider Jehovah as an imaginative psychological construction. Salvation does not come from an interventionist God, but from the action of human genius to transform the world.
SpiritofLife

Post by SpiritofLife »

This is not fundamentalist Christianity, very few Christians have ever read this scripture or even know that it exists.
OK Neil, you can now legally read it off the link.
The Secret Book of John
(The Apocryphon of John)
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-davies.html Different formats http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html
Visit the Apocryphon of John Collection for more information
I hope no one read any of the Secrets illegally, Here, find the link to Jesus. The Greek lexicon is better stated where the Life is.
The Life is in Jesus. "You search the scripture because you think in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about me." John 5:39

King James Version, Government version: 37And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 38And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
King Jame Version is Public Domain. I think I will have to translate these scriptures and make them public domain, to make it easier for people to believe Jesus and enter the Kingdom of God.
John 5:39 ►
NASB Lexicon
NASB © Greek Transliteration Strong's Definition Origin
"You search ἐραυνᾶτε eraunate 2045 variant reading for eraunaó, q.v.
the Scriptures γραφάς graphas 1124 a writing, scripture from graphó
because ὅτι oti 3754 that, because conjunction from neut. of hostis,
you think δοκεῖτε dokeite 1380 to have an opinion, to seem from dokos (opinion)
that in them you have ἔχειν echein 2192 to have, hold a prim. verb
eternal αἰώνιον aiōnion 166 agelong, eternal from aión
life; ζωὴν zōēn 2222 life from zaó
it is these ἐκεῖναι ekeinai 1565 that one (or neut. that thing), often intensified by the art. preceding from ekei
that testify μαρτυροῦσαι marturousai 3140 to bear witness, testify from martus
about περὶ peri 4012 about, concerning, around (denotes place, cause or subject) a prim. preposition
Me; ego, 1473 [e] Strong's Concordance
egó: I (only expressed when emphatic)
Original Word: ἐγώ
Part of Speech: Personal Pronoun
Transliteration: egó
Phonetic Spelling: (eg-o')
Short Definition: I
Definition: I, the first-person pronoun.
emou
ἐμοῦ ;
me
PPro-G1S
For the Glory of the only God this I seek
Last edited by SpiritofLife on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

SpiritofLife wrote: The Secret Book of John

(The Apocryphon of John)

Translated by Stevan Davies

This translation is presented in The Gnostic Society Library by exclusive permission of the author.
All rights including right of electronic reproduction are reserved by the author.
© 2005 Stevan Davies
So you have copied it in full here without permission. The author gave permission for The Gnostic Society Library to publish his translation in full there. He did not give blanket permission for anyone to post it anywhere they like. I believe you are obligated to seek permission from Stevan Davies or the publisher before posting it in full here.
vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
SpiritofLife

Post by SpiritofLife »

There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus Romans 8:1 I am not to offend the weaker brother Romans 14 The one who is the stronger brother is not to despise the weaker. The Greek word for despise is the verb evxouqene,w. It means to look at them with contempt or look down on them. The idea is that the stronger brother, seeing another’s weakness ought not use that as an opportunity for pride, and despising of the weaker, but instead remains humble himself. The one who is the weaker brother is given a different instruction – he is not to pass judgement on the stronger brother. The danger is that the weaker brother, filled with false holiness will in his own heart and with his mouth, pass judgement on the stronger brother, who understands his liberty in Christ. See Colossians 2:20 ff: That you might believe Jesus, Yeshua who is YHVH.
Sin, Righteousness, Judgment, John 16:8 Moses and his law will condemn you, if you let them. Jesus has his law of Love, The law of faith Romans 3:27 The righteousness of faith speaks Romans 10, the Law of the Spirit of Life, makes you free from the law of sin and death, because you believe in Him, Jesus. Romans 8:2
The He, when He comes, at Pentecost did come, is the 3875. paraklétos ► Holy Spirit, will convict the world concerning sin, righteousness and judgment.
Strong's Concordance
paraklétos: called to one's aid
Original Word: παράκλητος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: paraklétos
Phonetic Spelling: (par-ak'-lay-tos)
Short Definition: an advocate, comforter, helper, Paraclete
Definition: (a) an advocate, intercessor, (b) a consoler, comforter, helper, (c) Paraclete.
HELPS Word-studies
3875 paráklētos (from 3844 /pará, "from close-beside" and 2564 /kaléō, "make a call") – properly, a legal advocate who makes the right judgment-call because close enough to the situation. 3875 /paráklētos ("advocate, advisor-helper") is the regular term in NT times of an attorney (lawyer) – i.e. someone giving evidence that stands up in court.
John 16:8 ►
NASB Lexicon
"And He, when He comes, ἐλθὼν elthōn 2064 to come, go a prim. verb
will convict ἐλέγξει elenxei 1651 to expose, convict, reprove a prim. verb
the world κόσμον kosmon 2889 order, the world a prim. word
concerning περὶ peri 4012 about, concerning, around (denotes place, cause or subject) a prim. preposition
sin ἁμαρτίας amartias 266 a sin, failure from hamartanó
and righteousness δικαιοσύνης dikaiosunēs 1343 righteousness, justice from dikaios
and judgment; κρίσεως kriseōs 2920 a decision, judgment from krinó
John 16:9 Concerning sin.....
John 16:9 ►
NASB Lexicon
concerning περὶ peri 4012 about, concerning, around (denotes place, cause or subject) a prim. preposition
sin, ἁμαρτίας amartias 266 a sin, failure from hamartanó
they do not believe πιστεύουσιν pisteuousin 4100 to believe, entrust from pistis
in Me;
KJV Lexicon
περι preposition
peri per-ee': through (all over), i.e. around; figuratively with respect to; used in various applications, of place, cause or time
αμαρτιας noun - genitive singular feminine
hamartia ham-ar-tee'-ah: a sin (properly abstract) -- offence, sin(-ful).
John 16:10 Concerning righteousness......
John 16:10 ►
NASB Lexicon
and concerning περὶ peri 4012 about, concerning, around (denotes place, cause or subject) a prim. preposition
righteousness, δικαιοσύνης dikaiosunēs 1343 righteousness, justice from dikaios
I go ὑπάγω upagō 5217 to lead or bring under, to lead on slowly, to depart from hupo and agó
to the Father πατέρα patera 3962 a father a prim. word
and you no longer οὐκέτι ouketi 3765 no longer, no more from ou, and eti
see θεωρεῖτε theōreite 2334 to look at, gaze from theóros (an envoy, spectator)
Me;
KJV Lexicon
περι preposition
peri per-ee': through (all over), i.e. around; figuratively with respect to; used in various applications, of place, cause or time
δικαιοσυνης noun - genitive singular feminine
dikaiosune dik-ah-yos-oo'-nay: equity (of character or act); specially (Christian) justification -- righteousness.
John 16:11 The Archon Ruler of this world has been Judged.........
John 16:11 ►
NASB Lexicon
and concerning περὶ peri 4012 about, concerning, around (denotes place, cause or subject) a prim. preposition
judgment, κρίσεως kriseōs 2920 a decision, judgment from krinó
the ruler ἄρχων archōn 758 ruler, chief pres. part. of archó
of this 3778 this probably from a redupl. of ho,, used as a demonstrative pronoun
world κόσμου kosmou 2889 order, the world a prim. word
has been judged. κέκριται kekritai 2919 to judge, decide a prim. verb
KJV Lexicon