Why Jesus had to have brothers and a lot of sisters

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
GakuseiDon

Re: Why Jesus had to have brothers and a lot of sisters

Post by GakuseiDon »

Giuseppe wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:27 pmI am arguing that the Judaizers invented a pious perfect Jewish family for Jesus, and the first duty for a pious Jewish family is to have a lot of sons.
Wouldn't they have invented a wife and children for Jesus himself, then? At least a marriage?
It is really important, in life, to concentrate our minds on our enthusiasms, not on our dislikes. -- Roger Pearse
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

MrMacSon wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:03 pm
perseusomega9 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:48 pm ... Polycarp
Many fish?
Poly (many) karpos (fruit).

DCH
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

= Ephraim
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Secret Alias wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:52 pm But does the fact that 'it occurred to you' mean that it is true or has any intrinsic worth as an argument or explanation?
You are continually misinterpreting me. No wonder since you are an (in-)famous judaizer of old de-judaizers with zero support among true scholars.

If Jesus comes from a perfect pious Jewish family (= with many sons and possibly davidic lineage) then are confuted the original Gnostic apostles who preached that Jesus is the son of an alien god (not the god of the Jews).

The entire process behind the Gospels is called "re-judaization" of Jesus: a new Jewish-Christian exegesis of the OT scriptures against the original Gnostic anti-Jewish exegesis of the scriptures.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

You are an imbecile. That's the most essential thing to know about you. Since I remind you of that every day I am not misrepresenting you in any way, shape or form. You are not a scholar, you are not a thinker. You are a self-centered, self-serving imbecile. Your "theories" aren't theories at all but desperate daydreams born from misrepresentation, misunderstanding and a low intellect. I imagine you as an ugly troll furiously scribbling under a dark, wet bridge. Go away.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Secret Alias wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:39 pm You are an imbecile. That's the most essential thing to know about you. Since I remind you of that every day I am not misrepresenting you in any way, shape or form. You are not a scholar, you are not a thinker. You are a self-centered, self-serving imbecile. Your "theories" aren't theories at all but desperate daydreams born from misrepresentation, misunderstanding and a low intellect. I imagine you as an ugly troll furiously scribbling under a dark, wet bridge. Go away.
If this your so negative view of me may help you to go away from me and from my thread, then go away, please. :goodmorning:
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Kapyong

Post by Kapyong »

MrMacSon wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:18 pm
Giuseppe wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 am This is the reason, I think:
Be fruitful ...

Bananas.
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

Giuseppe wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 pm
If Jesus [came] from a perfect pious Jewish family ...then confuted [would be] the original Gnostic apostles who [had] preached that Jesus is the son of an alien god (not the god of the Jews).

The entire process behind the Gospels is [according to Giuseppe] called "re-judaization" of Jesus: a new Jewish-Christian exegesis of the OT scriptures against the original Gnostic anti-Jewish exegesis of the scriptures.
I think those are admirable things to investigate, and propose and/or defend; but I don't think you can or should do that with a series of posts of cherry-picked single verses, lines, or phrases.
iskander

Post by iskander »

Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth

(Gen 9:1)

How can you doubt now that Jesus didn't obey to creator god (demiurge)?
Giuseppe , remember Luke 23:34, Then said Jesus, Father[alien god], forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Also that religious people find it very easy to call anyone a sinner and that sceptic people find it very easy to call anyone a fool. :)

For example: e: Impulsore Chresto a Christian interpolation?
There is no need of translating it, iskander. It is already known (and his author is a fool Catholic apologist of my knowledge).

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2147&p=47934&hilit=via#p47934
GakuseiDon

Post by GakuseiDon »

Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth

(Gen 9:1)

How can you doubt now that Jesus didn't obey to creator god (demiurge)?
I just realised: "Be fruitful..."

What do fruit do? They hang from 'a tree'... literally hanging in the sky! With its 'brothers' and 'sisters'!

It is really important, in life, to concentrate our minds on our enthusiasms, not on our dislikes. -- Roger Pearse