Alternate Religious History - Josephus Wrote GMark. Abba Ur Sondieta Lioni

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
JoeWallack

Alternate Religious History - Josephus Wrote GMark. Abba Ur Sondieta Lioni

Post by JoeWallack »

Alternate Religious History - Josephus Wrote GMark. Abba Ur Sondieta Lioni.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
JW:
Okay, just hear me out. Regarding Josephus being the author of GMark, there are two reasons he was not,
exponentially better than any reason he was:
  • 1) There is no direct evidence he was.

2) He was a huge advocate of "The Jews" and GMark is a huge critic (comically so) of "The Jews".
Regarding possibilities though, which is more likely:
  • 1) A Mark, a religious follower of the Peter in GMark, wrote GMark based on Peter's preaching.

Verses:

2) Josephus, an advocate for Judaism, wrote GMark as a satire of Christianity.
Related to 2), did Josephus have the credentials to write GMark?

Joseph

The New Porphyry
Charles Wilson

Re: Alternate Religious History - Josephus Wrote GMark. Abba Ur Sondieta Lioni

Post by Charles Wilson »

JoeWallack wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:53 am
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Regarding possibilities though, which is more likely:

A Mark, a religious follower of the Peter in GMark, wrote GMark based on Peter's preaching.
If you are asking for votes, I vote this one with a caveat: Peter didn't Preach. He was the Subject of a Story that was rewritten, using Peter as a Main Character and rewriting the Intent of the Story to a different end. I ain't tellin' you anything you haven't heard from me before. "From the fact that the "Jesus" stories were written from Sources, it does not follow that the Sources were about "Jesus."
Josephus, an advocate for Judaism, wrote GMark as a satire of Christianity.

Related to [this point], did Josephus have the credentials to write GMark?
Titus was a fairly high official in the Roman Court and he thought Josephus was OK. Call it a Roman PhD. The question is, was there enough evidence to show that material AFTER Josephus was used in, especially, Mark. I believe the answer to that is "Yes".