Gospel of Philip allegories and a few other things

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Ben C. Smith

Re: Gospel of Philip allegories and a few other things

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Peter Kirby wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:50 pm It would be interesting to see the differences that show up if someone tried a different word (maybe lamp?) for translation of the source of the light.
More like "illuminating."

(Sorry....)
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

https://yulamdan.com/2015/12/06/pieces- ... /#more-151
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/3298-bilgah

Geocalyx --

Don't fear the study of Bilgah. It is very important to understand what was stolen and Transvalued by the New Religion. The History here is between the end of Hasmonean Judaism and the rise of Christianity. Believe me when I tell you, no one wants to touch this subject. To paint with too broad a brush, the Jewish scholars will have nothing to do with it because it deals with Christianity, especially the reinstatement of human sacrifice. The Christians because to assert Jewish Theology that wasn't "done away with..." is something they don't want to deal with.

If you would understand the situation, look at Mark from this point of view:

Mark 1: 7, 27, 29, 36 (RSV):

[7] And he preached, saying, "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie."

"After me...": After Bilgah comes Immer. In this case, a Priest of Immer. Immer has been assigned the Settlement of Jabnit, down the road from Meiron, home of the Hasmoneans and Jehoiarib (Elizur, Leibner). Immer believes that the Dynastic Hasmoneans came from them.
Bilgah is "not as worthy" as Immer:

John 1: 15, (RSV):

[15] (John bore witness to him, and cried, "This was he of whom I said, `He who comes after me ranks before me, for he was before me.'")
[27] even he who comes after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie."
[29] The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
[36] and he looked at Jesus as he walked, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God!"

As quoted above:

Acts 13: 25 (RSV):

[25] And as John was finishing his course, he said, `What do you suppose that I am? I am not he. No, but after me one is coming, the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to untie.'

John is of the Mishmarot Priesthood. He has finished his COURSE, his week at Temple Service in Jerusalem. He evidently appears to be of Bilgah.
It can be shown that Bilgah and Immer are on Duty for the ill-fated Passover of 4 BCE. I believe that this was the Story that was dismembered and rewritten for the Glory of the Flavians.

A Priest is caught between between the Temple and Fortress Antonia and is saved by a child, a child who comes to us by the name of "Peter". There is a passageway into Antonia that is very small:

Luke 13: 23 - 24 (RSV):

[23] And some one said to him, "Lord, will those who are saved be few?" And he said to them,
[24] "Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Matthew 18: 1 - 4 (RSV):

[1] At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
[2] And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them,
[3] and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
[4] Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

The "Kingdom of Heaven" or "Realm of Heaven" (Moffatt Translation) is revealed as a real, physical place. It's where the Priests gather! The Scribes and Pharisees are not righteous enough:

Matthew 23:

[13] "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither enter yourselves, nor allow those who would enter to go in.

This is a Jewish/Semitic Story. Josephus gives the "External Version" (Wars..., 2, 1, 3, Antiquities, 17, 3, 9) and the NT Gospels give the "Internal Story". Some of the Story appears appears to come directly from the floor of the Temple:

Luke 19: 39 - 40 (RSV):

[39] And some of the Pharisees in the multitude said to him, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples."
[40] He answered, "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out."

Josephus, Wars, 2, 1, 3:

"At this Archclaus (sic) was aftrighted, and privately sent a tribune, with his cohort of soldiers, upon them, before the disease should spread over the whole multitude, and gave orders that they should constrain those that began the tumult, by force, to be quiet. At these the whole multitude were irritated, and threw stones at many of the soldiers, and killed them; but the tribune fled away wounded, and had much ado to escape so..."

The stones did cry out.

Enough tonight. Enough.

Geocalyx, you are certainly on to something extremely important.

Best to you,

CW
Geocalyx

Post by Geocalyx »

”Peter Kirby” wrote:It would be interesting to see the differences that show up if someone tried a different word (maybe lamp?) for translation of the source of the light.

That was just a quick example (“and so the great Lamp Eleleth spoke”…”the Lamp has come [and has been styled:] Seth”... “I am one of the four great Lamps who stand in presence of the great invisible Spirit” etc.), but here's something even wilder - consider replacing every instance of the word “αἰών” with “being”. This is what the word means! But Ancient Greek words have more meanings than one since the very way of thinking was different. So the word “aion” highlights a common feature of all living beings - limited duration. This means it can also be used to mark time periods… and ended up meaning exactly that today. But whenever there's aion, pay attention to the surrounding context.

Sophia and Nous are both aions, because they are part of a greater being with limited duration. Ialdabaoth is not an aion because “he exists, but not truly” - he has power over aions, but it's illusory as they've got the power to reject him, they just need to realize it. Ialdabaoth isn't alive and cannot think beyond his mental frame which was set by an actual living being…yet is still there and a force to be reckoned with. He created the world! But it's an illusion. No cows exist, only beings that we categorize (=Greek word meaning condemn) as such. Cows are “creatures” within the mental frame of those who created them. We don't understand them or their personal histories, but they've been categorized as “horned, quadrupedal, bovine in appearance, gives milk” and thus a “cow” was created. (The cow has no idea what the archon of her definition even is or that it controls her life, yet it does: she gets categorized as a cow and milked.) This is the world gnosis considered flawed and imperfect (Plato's cave, but based on Aristotelian condemnations rather than abstract, eternal ideas), and Ialdabaoth was established as the person who crafted it, so he gets the blame.

While archons do exist and wield power and are immortal, they envy aions for actually… being there. So they try to manifest themselves through the aions. (A “week” is a decent example - weeks don't really exist the way rocks do, yet even if you deny them as real, stores will be closed on Sunday. It's the same way with religious symbols like God - denounce God publically and it will affect you, regardless of your beliefs - or something more tangible yet still technically abstract like “disease”... renounce the common cold - on, say, pedantic Sofist ground that every year it mutates and is a bit different - and see how far that gets you when you've struck fever. This is btw why these books teach not to confront the archons, but to slyly evade or trick them, or run away. And is probably the reason they speak in riddles - people influenced by the high Archon’s singlemindedness will not able to see the truth in them, so the books will be spared and preserved. But of course it doesn't work this way; ironically, throughout history, several new-age religions were founded on this, actually ending up empowering the archons themselves. To put it into harsh wording, Bogomils believed Satan ruled the world… so eventually they burned in flames.)
”Charles Wilson” wrote:Don't fear the study of Bilgah. It is very important to understand what was stolen and Transvalued by the New Religion. The History here is between the end of Hasmonean Judaism and the rise of Christianity. Believe me when I tell you, no one wants to touch this subject. To paint with too broad a brush, the Jewish scholars will have nothing to do with it because it deals with Christianity, especially the reinstatement of human sacrifice. The Christians because to assert Jewish Theology that wasn't "done away with..." is something they don't want to deal with.

I am going there, eventually! It has to be done - I've known this for a while, since, well… let's open a random topic:
”DC Hinley, 2007 wrote:Bab. Kethuboth 30a-b http://www.come-and-hear.com/kethuboth/ ... th_30.html

[a] Did not R. Joseph say, and R. Hiyya teach: Since the day of the destruction of the Temple, although the Sanhedrin ceased, the four forms of capital punishment have not ceased? 'They have not ceased,' [you say]? Surely they have ceased! But [say] the judgment of the four forms of capital punishment has not ceased. He who would have been sentenced to stoning, either falls down from the roof or a wild beast treads him down. He who would have been sentenced to burning, either falls into a fire or a serpent bites him. He who would have been sentenced to decapitation, is either delivered to the government or robbers come upon him. He who would have been sentenced to strangulation, is either drowned in the river or dies from suffocation.
”The Acts of Peter and the Twelve Apostles” wrote:”And also - the road to the city, which you asked me about, I will tell you about it. No man is able to go on that road, except one who has forsaken everything that he has and has fasted daily from stage to stage. For many are the robbers and wild beasts on that road. The one who carries bread with him on the road, the black dogs kill because of the bread. The one who carries a costly garment of the world with him, the robbers kill because of the garment. The one who carries water with him, the wolves kill because of the water, since they were thirsty for it. The one who is anxious about meat and green vegetables, the lions eat because of the meat. If he evades the lions, the bulls devour him because of the green vegetables."

”same topic” wrote:The place of stoning from which the condemned man is pushed to his death is a platform twice the height of an ordinary person. He is made to stand at the edge of the platform, and then one of the witnesses who testified against him pushes him down by the hips, so that he falls face up onto the ground. If he turned over onto his chest, with his face downward, the witness turns him over onto his hips. And if he dies through this fall to the ground, the obligation to stone the transgressor is fulfilled.

And if the condemned man does not die from his fall, the second witness takes the stone that has been prepared for this task and places, i.e., casts, it on his chest. And if he dies with the casting of this first stone, the obligation to stone the transgressor is fulfilled. And if he does not die with the casting of this stone, then his stoning is completed by all of the Jewish people, i.e., by all the people who assembled for the execution, as it is stated: “The hand of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people” (Deuteronomy 17:7).
Second revelation of James wrote: And they were there and found him standing beside the columns of the temple beside the mighty corner stone. And they decided to throw him down from the height, and they cast him down. And they [saw him still live and] they [went back down to him]. They seized him and struck him as they dragged him upon the ground. They stretched him out and placed a stone on his abdomen. They all placed their feet on him, saying 'You have erred!'

Again they raised him up, since he was alive, and made him dig a hole. They made him stand in it. After having covered him up to his abdomen, they stoned him in this manner.
… yeah. This is what I meant by Hebrew lore being all over the place - the meanings may not fit in examples listed above, but the style is there, the rules are there (of course they would describe stoning James according to law!) and the wording is there. This hints to me that the Jews were in this as well (beyond the obvious OT references) - with Hermeneuticists, Magi, Copts, deposed greek intelligence and who knows else - against Catholics. Ialdabaoth is not Iahwe, it's his contortion in the same manner his name is. I’d imagine the priesthood falling off their chairs laughing when a goy priest struggled to pronounce His sacred name for the first time and ending up speaking gibberish (*cough* “Er… I… aea ou? Iahuwoeioue..? “). But such literary style references, seemingly made by people intimately knowledgeable with Jewish culture would perhaps mean the gnostics weren't anti-Semitic! Everything is wrong. Nope, no connection should be made between this and the DSS Leptogenesis community. At all. None either between Leptogenesis being based on lunar calendar in the same way the zodiac used to be. No siree. See, since pigs fly, the world back then was just a bunch of superstitious villages and shepherds and everyone did their own isolated and individual thing and boy did they persecute everyone else until Christ finally united them. Cultural exchange in Hellenism in no way resembled the globalism of today >_> but I digress again.

The reason I'm not going to Sanhendrin right now is, well, there's a lot of it and reading too much gnosis is already starting to turn everything into one big soup (turns out having the cultural fear of God & Jesus, intrinsic respect for religion, along with the natural hierarchy of the world purged from your system is not a simple affair even for one who was raised studying stuff like the Illiad, Nicomachean Ethics and Anthony de Mello rather than Bible) I don't have quotes - I don't even remember which specific texts I'm referencing by saying stuff like “archons are envious” (but it's there… somewhere). The deceptful nature of this knowledge makes it difficult to categorize and order - there's no line numbers, no general consensus where even sentences begin and end, there's few recognizable chapters and especially texts like Testimony of Truth and Concept of our great Power tend to be hard to tell apart in mental recollection. I need to sort out what I have before such daunting task, as I expect there will be a lot to take in. But yeah - I hear you. Thumbs up for suggestion, direction and inspiration - there's definitely a long road ahead from here, and it doesn't look like many have treaded it (why?! I can understand people entrenched by degrees and doctorates in theology not wanting to do it, but doesn't anyone else just read whatever anymore? Laymen, philosophers, new-agers, grandmothers… anyone..?).