Transfiguration and Crucifixion: the same event?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Transfiguration and Crucifixion: the same event?

Post by Giuseppe »

I would like to list all the possible parallelisms. Note that the Transfiguration is the central event between the descent on Capernaum and the ascension to heaven: hence, was it the original (celestial) crucifixion?

To begin, Moses and Elijiah may be the original "evildoers" around the Crucified.

The mountain may be the Golgotha.

The Pillars may be the same sinedrites: they are both blind people, de facto.

The white garment may refer to the glory of the Cross: the same "power of God" and not a scandal or a folly.

The voice from heaven may be the cry of Jesus on the cross.

The "three shelters" may be the empty tomb of Joseph from Arimathea: they were both vain and empty. I.e. not really used for their original goal.

The cloud may be the eclipse.

And the silence of the Pillars:
As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus gave them orders not to tell anyone what they had seen until the Son of Man had risen from the dead. 10 They kept the matter to themselves, discussing what “rising from the dead” meant.

...is the same of the women at the tomb.

Jesus is talking about the his final destination: Jerusalem. What is meant is not the earthly Jerusalem, pace the stupid Pillars, but the celestial Jerusalem, Jesus being crucified (celestially) just in that moment, during the Transfiguration itself.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Giuseppe

Re: Transfiguration and Crucifixion: the same event?

Post by Giuseppe »

About Moses and Elijiah as the same "evildoers" on the right and left of the crucified/transfigured Jesus:
All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them

(John 10:8)

So their two places were reserved for them, Moses and Elijiah, and not for the two stupid sons of Zebedee, since the "glory" for Jesus was the same Crucifixion/Transfiguration.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

About the cloud: it may be the eclipse, but also the demons (archons of this age) hurrying to crucify Jesus in the air, just in that moment.

After the divine recognition of who is really the Crucified/Transfigured, recognition in the form of the voice from above, the real miracle happens:

Suddenly, when they looked around, they no longer saw anyone with them except Jesus

...to mean the cosmic victory of the Son: there is now a new creation "in Christ". He is the only reality, now. The archons (the "cloud") are escaped and with them the archontic Law and the demiurgical Prophets.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

So in the same original Gospel we have two possibilities:
  • 1) the story ended with the Transfiguration. Jesus descended to "Capernaum" (=the Sheol), he freed who was there under the power of the demiurge and then he ascended to earth (gathering the disciples of John the Baptist and being possibly considered wrongly as a John redivivus) and then he ascended to the celestial Jerusalem, with the celestial Crucifixion happening just during the Transfiguration, "witnessed" by the Pillars only.
  • 2) just as in the point 1, but with the rest of the story precisely as we have it in Mark between the Transfiguration and the Golgotha: the outsiders are lead to believe that the crucifixion happened really only on the earth, while only the insiders would have realized that the real Crucifixion happened during the Transfiguration. So there is no real difference, in terms of "real" knowledge (gnosis), between the Jesus of the Passion episodes and the Risen Jesus appearing in Galilee. Both were mere avatars of the real Transfiguration/Crucifixion/Ascension, really one unique single event: the celestial crucifixion of Jesus.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Another clue about the Transfiguration as Crucifixion: the OT Moses ascended on the mountain to receive the Law from the demiurge. Elijiah, also, to receive instructions from the demiurge.

Jesus ascended on the mountain to destroy the Law and the Prophets. By the celestial Crucifixion.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth

the his glory = the cosmic cross.

No wonder that the corruption of the Earliest Gospel by the Judaizers was more strong after the Transfiguration, through all the Passion story.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Still another clue: the cloud becomes strangely "bright" in Matthew but not in Mark and in Luke (hence, presumably it's dark in the Original Gospel). This is because Matthew wants to eclipse the fact that the cloud is a negative actor, as allegory of the demons hurrying to crucify Jesus.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

But concerning Moses and Elijah who were found on the
mountain in company with Isu, what do they (i.e. the Marcionites) say that they were doing in his presence 1 But they say that they were guardians there. And what, pray, were they guarding, since there was nothing on the mountain 1 And if there had been anything on it, the Maker would have had the Cherub and the point of the sword with which to surround the mountain. 2 And if because Isu was a stranger to Him (i.e. to the Maker) they were guarding the mountain for Him, then, as
between the mountain and the sanctuary, which of them was greater 3 to the Maker, that He should cease to guard His city and His sanctuary and send them {i.e. Moses and Elijah) to guard a mountain in which there was nothing ? If He did not set forth some symbol there for us, let them tell us what ^ such persons as Moses and Elijah were doing there. And if they say, ' You are asking us concerning your own (affairs) also,' then leave that
(question) of ours as to what they were doing, and tell us (?) your own (opinion), namely on what account Isu went up thither. Was it in order to fight that he went up thither ? . . . did he make war against the Maker or ...?.. .

https://archive.org/stream/cu3192409234 ... 0_djvu.txt

The only image of a Christ Warrior from a marcionite POV - I mean: the Christ of the Alien God - is the Crucified Christ, with the Crucifixion as a military act to defeat the archons.

So the Marcionite Transfiguration was the cosmic crucifixion.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

They replied, “Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory.”
38 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said. “Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?”
39 “We can,” they answered.
Jesus said to them, “You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, 40 but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.”

(Mark 10)

The baptism of the Cross is where the glory of Jesus is shown (see "the Lord of Glory" in 1 Cor 2:8) . So in the Marcionite Gospel - docet Judith Lieu - Moses and Elijiah don't talk with Jesus. They are simply "standing" there, presumably at right and left of him. Just as two crucified "evildoers", "robbers", lestes.