Why Paul had to be from Tarsus

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Why Paul had to be from Tarsus

Post by Giuseppe »

9 Surely the islands look to me; in the lead are the ships of Tarshish,bringing your children from afar, with their silver and gold, to the honor of the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has endowed you with splendor. 10 “Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion.

(Isaiah 60:9-10)
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Jax

Re: Why Paul had to be from Tarsus

Post by Jax »

Giuseppe wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:56 am
9 Surely the islands look to me; in the lead are the ships of Tarshish,bringing your children from afar, with their silver and gold, to the honor of the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has endowed you with splendor. 10 “Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion.

(Isaiah 60:9-10)
:wtf:
lsayre

Re: Why Paul had to be from Tarsus

Post by lsayre »

Tarsus is in modern day Turkey. Tarshish is in modern day Spain. Paul did mention wanting to go to Spain. Maybe he thought he was going home. :?