The crucifixion in Heaven

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Joseph D. L.
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am

The crucifixion in Heaven

Post by Joseph D. L. » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:25 pm

Image

theeternaliam
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:33 am

Re: The crucifixion in Heaven

Post by theeternaliam » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:11 am

That's cool. With the scorpion underneath his feet. The Pegasus above, like an angel. The eagle(john) nearby and Hercules, too, who also had to "bear a cross" of sorts to make atonement for His sins, which we would all have to do like too, if we didn't have Jesus's blood to do for us.

Joseph D. L.
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am

Re: The crucifixion in Heaven

Post by Joseph D. L. » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:55 pm

theeternaliam wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:11 am
That's cool. With the scorpion underneath his feet. The Pegasus above, like an angel. The eagle(john) nearby and Hercules, too, who also had to "bear a cross" of sorts to make atonement for His sins, which we would all have to do like too, if we didn't have Jesus's blood to do for us.
Indeed, and Ophiucus appearing below Cygnus, the cross, invokes the prophecy of John 3:14.

Cygnus = the cross
Ophiucus = Moses
Aquila =John/Paul
Hercules =Simon of Cyrene/Paul
Pegasus = the Ascension
Sagittarius = the centurion who pierced Christ
Scorpio = ???
Capricorn = ???

What I think is important is that these signs, with the exception of Pegasus and Capricorn (if I recall correctly) were present during the eclipse of 118 ad.

Joseph D. L.
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am

Re: The crucifixion in Heaven

Post by Joseph D. L. » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm

Here are comments about Marcion and Aquila:

Tertullian on Marcion:

Perhaps he (Marcion) was hindered by some obstacle or else soem sorcery, or Saturn in quadrature, or Mars at the trine. For the Marcionites are very much into astrology, not blushing in shame that some make their livlihood from the creator's own stars. We must here examine the quality of this revelation ...

Epiphanius on Aquila:

But according to his former habit, still thinking the things of the heathen, he had been thoroughly trained in vain astrology, so that also after he had become a Christian he never departed from this fault of his, but every day he made calculations on the horoscope of his birth.

So according to these two leading Christian writers, Marcion and Aquila, who both hailed from the same place at roughly the same time, were deeply versed in astrology, and may have been present during the eclipse of 118 ad.

Joseph D. L.
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am

Re: The crucifixion in Heaven

Post by Joseph D. L. » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:41 am

Scorpio may be Judas, the one who delivers the kiss of death to Jesus. Capricorn may also be Mary, the mother of Jesus.

Another possibility: scorpio represents the sting of circumcision being made obsolete by Christ's sacrifice on the cross, and Capricorn is Priscilla, the companion of Aquila.

theeternaliam
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:33 am

Re: The crucifixion in Heaven

Post by theeternaliam » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:39 pm

Joseph D. L. wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:55 pm
theeternaliam wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:11 am
That's cool. With the scorpion underneath his feet. The Pegasus above, like an angel. The eagle(john) nearby and Hercules, too, who also had to "bear a cross" of sorts to make atonement for His sins, which we would all have to do like too, if we didn't have Jesus's blood to do for us.
Indeed, and Ophiucus appearing below Cygnus, the cross, invokes the prophecy of John 3:14.

Cygnus = the cross
Ophiucus = Moses
Aquila =John/Paul
Hercules =Simon of Cyrene/Paul
Pegasus = the Ascension
Sagittarius = the centurion who pierced Christ
Scorpio = ???
Capricorn = ???

What I think is important is that these signs, with the exception of Pegasus and Capricorn (if I recall correctly) were present during the eclipse of 118 ad.
Why do you think that is important?

theeternaliam
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:33 am

Re: The crucifixion in Heaven

Post by theeternaliam » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:41 pm

Joseph D. L. wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm
Here are comments about Marcion and Aquila:

Tertullian on Marcion:

Perhaps he (Marcion) was hindered by some obstacle or else soem sorcery, or Saturn in quadrature, or Mars at the trine. For the Marcionites are very much into astrology, not blushing in shame that some make their livlihood from the creator's own stars. We must here examine the quality of this revelation ...

Epiphanius on Aquila:

But according to his former habit, still thinking the things of the heathen, he had been thoroughly trained in vain astrology, so that also after he had become a Christian he never departed from this fault of his, but every day he made calculations on the horoscope of his birth.

So according to these two leading Christian writers, Marcion and Aquila, who both hailed from the same place at roughly the same time, were deeply versed in astrology, and may have been present during the eclipse of 118 ad.
Have you read the book, Oedipus Judaicus?

Joseph D. L.
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am

Re: The crucifixion in Heaven

Post by Joseph D. L. » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:10 am

theeternaliam wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:39 pm
Why do you think that is important?
I think the eclipse of 118 ad was the cause for Paul's revelation. Looking up directly at the eclipse, seeing the constellations revealed in the darkened sky, before suffering scotoma, which causes headaches, nausea, seizures, and temporary blindness, all symptoms Paul is said to have had upon Jesus revealed himself to him.

And this eclipse was observable from Sinope, the home town of Marcion and Aquila, and Parium, where Peregrinus Proteus hailed.

Stuart Waugh did a huge write up on this, and while I think he only entertained the idea, I've become convinced that this was the sing event that started Christianity.

lsayre
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Re: The crucifixion in Heaven

Post by lsayre » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 am

Joseph D. L. wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:10 am
Stuart Waugh did a huge write up on this, and while I think he only entertained the idea, I've become convinced that this was the sing event that started Christianity.
Could you please provide a link to this?


Post Reply