Jesus doesn't know the OT scriptures in proto-John

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Jesus doesn't know the OT scriptures in proto-John

Post by Giuseppe »

Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.

(7:16)

But the Judaizing interpolator has him say:

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life

(5:39)

“But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

(45-47)

John 7:19-24 :

19 Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law. Why are you trying to kill me?”

20 “You are demon-possessed,” the crowd answered. “Who is trying to kill you?”

21 Jesus said to them, “I did one miracle, and you are all amazed. 22 Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a boy on the Sabbath

Etc...

The curious thing of a Jesus ignorant of the OT scriptures is that the historicists can't even say that Jesus was so midrashical because he limited himself to play out the role of messiah as per the OT scriptures.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
lsayre

Re: Jesus doesn't know the OT scriptures in proto-John

Post by lsayre »

Evan Powell has a very good Ur-John. Read everything in bold print and skip everything that is underlined.

http://www.historical-jesus.com/ur-john-text.html