Why the Gnostics wanted that the Jews abandoned YHWH

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Joseph D. L.

Re: Why the Gnostics wanted that the Jews abandoned YHWH

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Giuseppe wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:16 am At any case, a more interesting debate is about John the Baptist.

I am strongly embarrassed by this figure, in the Gospels, since references to him are found even in any modern reconstruction of proto-Luke as Mcn. Embarrassed even more than all your speculation about a ditheist Marcion "the Jew" (that, if true, would imply that all my posts have to be deleted as totally vain).
You give yourself too much credit for intellectual honesty.

Marcion/Paul used Jewish texts, used Jewish beliefs, and Jewish theogony, for his teachings. Ergo, he was Jewish, if not racially (which I don't think he was) then spiritually.

And yet you have blatantly ignored these facts to your own discredit.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

I am sorry but I don't accept the your views about Marcion.

Paradoxically, about Marcion I am in the same point where the mainstream scholars are with the historical Jesus. In a point where to reject the historical Jesus implies the rejection of a lot of books. So, in the my case, the assumption of a Marcion "the Jew" (precisely the your view) implies the rejection of a lot of my posts about Marcion. In primis the Couchoud's interpretation of Barabbas as anti-marcionite episode, that is for me a great finding and a great solution of a great enigma called Jesus Barabbas.

So, if something, I ask your tolerance for my view about Marcion the "anti-Jew" just as you would give tolerance for the mainstream historicists about their "historical" Jesus.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
robert j

Post by robert j »

Joseph D. L. wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:27 am
Robert j, a known Giuseppe sycophantic, coming to his master's aid.
LOL. I do remember complimenting Giuseppe once some time ago --- that compliment was for posting his assertions as opinions instead of facts. Other than occasionally posting objections on the issues, mostly I don’t read his posts.