Mark, the Jews and the destruction of the temple

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
neilgodfrey

Re: Mark, the Jews and the destruction of the temple

Post by neilgodfrey »

I trust you are being entirely facetious.
vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

neilgodfrey wrote:
This reminds me of Hugh Schonfeld's "Passover Plot. Schonfeld argues that raising Lazarus from the dead was a dry run for Jesus' plot to fake his own death. He speculates that there was a drug used on Lazarus that Jesus also took when he was on the cross. This would have been the "vinegar" that was given to Jesus on that final day.
This reminds me of the way everybody was finding such sound evidence and clues in the lyrics, the photographs, the bios, that Beatle Paul was dead.
Just as well Beatle Paul's resurrection is clearly apparent to more than a few.

Beatle John's resurrection might have been possible without the lyrics in Imagine
Last edited by MrMacSon on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

steve43 wrote:Which siege?
As you correctly assumed, the one leading to the event in the thread title, not Maryhelena's ;) .
Rick Sumner

Post by Rick Sumner »

neilgodfrey wrote:
This reminds me of Hugh Schonfeld's "Passover Plot. Schonfeld argues that raising Lazarus from the dead was a dry run for Jesus' plot to fake his own death. He speculates that there was a drug used on Lazarus that Jesus also took when he was on the cross. This would have been the "vinegar" that was given to Jesus on that final day.
This reminds me of the way everybody was finding such sound evidence and clues in the lyrics, the photographs, the bios, that Beatle Paul was dead.
But...but...the walrus was Paul!