Evidence that Irenaeus knows the meaning of Barabbas ("Son of Father")

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Re: Evidence that Irenaeus knows the meaning of Barabbas ("Son of Father")

Post by Giuseppe »

Mater semper certa is a Latin saying (and the pragmatic reason why the Jewishness is inherited via the mother), and the contrary of "certa" is unknown. Hence, the bastards have naturally an unknown father. Just as Bar-Abbas: son of an unknown father.

The elementary logic of all this escapes totally to Joseph D.L. No wonder, since he is a mere clone of Tim'O Neill.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Really, the complete saying is:

Mater semper certa est, pater autem incertus

Where it is even more evident the folly of both Joseph D.L. and Ben C. Smith in disagreeing with Giuseppe on Barabbas.

The legal standing of the mother was determined in the Roman law by a generally held principle “mater semper certa est” (“The mother is always certain”), while the legal standing of the father was understood as “pater incertus est” (“The father is always uncertain”). As far as the mother’s certainty is concerned, it has prevailed for ages until now and it will prevail in the future. So will the father’s uncertainty.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... sME3B6g0D9
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Giuseppe wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:39 pm Mater semper certa is a Latin saying (and the pragmatic reason why the Jewishness is inherited via the mother), and the contrary of "certa" is unknown. Hence, the bastards have naturally an unknown father. Just as Bar-Abbas: son of an unknown father.

The elementary logic of all this escapes totally to Joseph D.L. No wonder, since he is a mere clone of Tim'O Neill.
Mater semper certa is irrelevant. Bar Abbas doesn't mean son of the unknown father, but of the father. It was never used to as a title for a bastard. Show me one secular, neutral case where it was. You can't because it never was.

Giuseppe is a clone of J.P. Holding. The same tortured logic, and the same obstinate smugness.
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Giuseppe wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:44 pm Really, the complete saying is:

Mater semper certa est, pater autem incertus

Where it is even more evident the folly of both Joseph D.L. and Ben C. Smith in disagreeing with Giuseppe on Barabbas.

The legal standing of the mother was determined in the Roman law by a generally held principle “mater semper certa est” (“The mother is always certain”), while the legal standing of the father was understood as “pater incertus est” (“The father is always uncertain”). As far as the mother’s certainty is concerned, it has prevailed for ages until now and it will prevail in the future. So will the father’s uncertainty.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... sME3B6g0D9
You are starting to lose your mind. Referring to oneself in the third person is a sign of a mental disorder.

Mater semper certa was never used to refer to Barabbas. That is you literally making evidence to fit your agenda.
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

You need help Giuseppe. You're starting to slip into psychosis. Your delusional thinking and narcissism is beginning to tear you away from reality.
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Do you have care givers, Giuseppe? I hear Italy's psychiatric program is one of the best in the world. There is no shame in admitting that you have a problem.
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Tell me Giuseppe, what do you see?

Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Joseph D. L. wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:50 pm Mater semper certa is irrelevant. Bar Abbas doesn't mean son of the unknown father, but of the father.
if for you the father in question is the contrary of an unknown, then I challenge you: who is the name of this father?

You are unable to answer, unless your is a sin of arrogance. None can never know the name of the father of Barabbas. Never. In saecula saeculorum. He is the Unknown One par excellence.

John 14:6:

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Note the judaizing Matthew, how he has corrupted the marcionite point:

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him

(11:27)
perseusomega9

Post by perseusomega9 »

Giuseppe wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Did...did you just refer to yourself in the 3rd person?
The metric to judge if one is a good exegete: the way he/she deals with Barabbas.

Who disagrees with me on this precise point is by definition an idiot.
-Giuseppe
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

perseusomega9 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:46 am
Giuseppe wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Did...did you just refer to yourself in the 3rd person?