An amazing colossal error by Antonio Piñero on Hegesippus

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Re: An amazing colossal error by Antonio Piñero on Hegesippus

Post by Giuseppe »

Joseph D. L. wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:15 pm
Giuseppe wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:47 pm Go distant, Tim'O Neill aka "Joseph Di Lello".

(P.S.: I don't hide the embarrassment in realizing that you are of Italian origins, to judge from your surname).
Dude majore LOL!!! I'm literally laughing like a crazy person now.

"Joseph D. L." isn't even my real name man, but my initials inverted. Secondly, I'm of Dutch and French (my last name is French, btw), descent with a few drops of Ashkenazi (gotta squeeze that in somewhere). You're fucking paranoid man. Which means I've done my job. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:
Double P.S.: I suspect that you are gay from your love for "Hadrianic religion". That is the reason I don't like to meet you in a private discussion. :facepalm:
Don't flatter yourself, Giuseppe. I could easily say the same of you, how you swing from Carrier's pubic hairs. Also, I have no intention of hiding our love affair. I want the world to see just how much I love you.

No one loves you as much as I do, Giuseppe.
I continue to ask what is the cause of this continue obsession on me among all the users of the forum.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Because I love you Giuseppe!

Don't you see, all of my animosity and antagonism towards you? My disdain and dare I say absolute hatred of you is just me fearing that I'll never have you. So I try to push you away. But I can't stay away! I try to quit you but I can't. Well no more! Yes I find you to be a despicable, wretched, vile, loathsome excuse for a human, and if it came between saving you among a group of ten and one person, I would save that one person and consider the cost of ten lives a neccessary sacrifice, but God damn it man you make me feel alive. You complete me!

I LOVE YOU GIUSEPPE! MARRY ME!!!
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Carrier attacks again prof Piñero and destroyes totally the man. But on a precise point he doesn't report faithfully the objection of Piñero:

For example, he pauses again to insist the Jews “never thought, nor could they think, of building a messiah from a mythical character.” Except we all know they did invent mythical saviors, readily: they invented Noah, Moses, David; they also invented prophetic narratives of non-existent messiahs, like the Messiah ben David and Messiah ben Joseph that entire futurist narratives were contrived of, in the Talmud and elsewhere (as I also discuss in OHJ), and the celestial “end times” messiah narratives of the mythical Melchizedek (at Qumran) and Michael (in the book of Daniel). Eastern Christians even fabricated a Jesus Christ who died in the 70s BC, in an entirely different way and place (OHJ, Ch. 8.1). So on what basis does Piñero think they “couldn’t” continue to do that? Or that they wouldn’t? He evidently has not read my extensive discussion of the contrary facts as to why the Jews of that time were precisely primed to want and need to do exactly that (OHJ, Elements 23 through 29, Chapter 5). Because Piñero didn’t read my book. So instead he just makes declarations to the contrary, citing no evidence whatever in support of his absurd generalizations about human beings (Jewish or otherwise) not being able to invent mythical heroes. That is not a competent rebuttal.

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/17060#comments

Piñero had objected that the Jews “never thought, nor could they think, of building a messiah from a mythical character” before 70 CE.

That is the only point where Piñero's argument would have some force, at least prima facie.

The invented prophetic narratives of non-existent messiahs, like the Messiah ben David and Messiah ben Joseph, were post-70 CE.

But we know that Josephus talks about visions of a celestial angelic battle in outer space just before the 70 CE.

And Melkizedek was also considered both Messiah and Archangel in Qumran
. In addition, he was never born on earth, per Hebrews, being without neither father nor mother.

Hence Carrier's criticism continues to be correct: Piñero is a real liar.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.