A Mythicist Parable

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

A Mythicist Parable

Post by Giuseppe »

A teacher once gave his students the following homework: Portray your best friend.

Correcting the copies, he found one that caught his attention; one passage looked as though it had been copied from Marcel Pagnol's La Glory de mon père (My Father's Glory).

After careful consideration, he realized that the entire writing was a real patchwork, with pieces coming from various authors about children.

Could the teacher think that the friend described in the copy could be a real friend?

Obviously no.

The student could have a friend, but he could not match the friend in the copy since the friend was completely fabricated.

The Gospel Jesus is just as fabricated. His identity is derived from previous texts, what he does, what he says, what happens to him ... the whole scenario he follows until to the letter (in addition he is made to say it. For example (in substance) : “I will die in Jerusalem and I'm going there for that!” This character is a pure literary product.

The Gospel is not a biography, but a prophecy, just as the Book of Revelation. It says exactly and sincerely what has to happen "in the last times".
Giuseppe

Re: A Mythicist Parable

Post by Giuseppe »

Why the need of an accurate prophecy realized "in the last times"?

Because "in the last times" someone was felt as dramatically missing.

What?

Only two serious options:
  • The salvation for Israel?
  • The equation Jesus == Christ ?