To Show You Morton Smith's Interest Was Not Strange - 919 Scanned Books With Handwriting in Blank Pages

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Re: To Show You Morton Smith's Interest Was Not Strange - 919 Scanned Books With Handwriting in Blank Pages

Post by Secret Alias »

I notice there are two dots (:) used at the end of sentences for no apparent reason like in to Theodore http://www.kozlib.gr/collections/view.p ... ng=&page=4
Secret Alias

Re: To Show You Morton Smith's Interest Was Not Strange - 919 Scanned Books With Handwriting in Blank Pages

Post by Secret Alias »

After politely telling me to basically get lost I asked him to look at my late 18th century (1771) hand. He doubled down on the 17th century:
I saw it, but I don't see a close affinity. George Sakellarios was a
well-known author and translator of the end of the 18th c.
My sense of the Mar Saba ms. is that it rather belongs to a 17th. c. ms.

That's it. I cannot deal with this problem anymore. And i am not
interested in knowing if Jesus was gay or not...
Good luck,
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Secret Alias wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:12 am After politely telling me to basically get lost I asked him to look at my late 18th century (1771) hand. He doubled down on the 17th century:
I saw it, but I don't see a close affinity. George Sakellarios was a
well-known author and translator of the end of the 18th c.
My sense of the Mar Saba ms. is that it rather belongs to a 17th. c. ms.

That's it. I cannot deal with this problem anymore. And i am not
interested in knowing if Jesus was gay or not...

Good luck,
:lol:
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

I am a kind of salesperson in my line of work so I am never sure whether I care about any of these subjects or am just interested (or even enjoy) the act of getting around a 'no.' If someone tells me 'no' or 'please go away' there is a 100 percent chance I will very politely ask - almost beg them - to answer one more question. It's very bizarre. Then they have to figure out a motive for my interest in this letter. I swear it's just an excuse to probe the minds of really smart people.