To Show You Morton Smith's Interest Was Not Strange - 919 Scanned Books With Handwriting in Blank Pages

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

To Show You Morton Smith's Interest Was Not Strange - 919 Scanned Books With Handwriting in Blank Pages

Post by Secret Alias »

I've noticed that the EU took an interest in Greek handwriting written into the blank pages of English and French books and scanned them and helped catalog them most from the eighteenth century https://opac.kozlib.gr/cgi-bin/koha/opa ... t=itype:MN It only sounds 'weird' that there was Greek handwriting in non-Greek books because we aren't familiar with the context.
Secret Alias

Re: To Show You Morton Smith's Interest Was Not Strange - 919 Scanned Books With Handwriting in Blank Pages

Post by Secret Alias »

I am no expert but damn this handwriting written in the back of a book looks like the one that did to Theodore http://www.kozlib.gr/collections/view.p ... ng=&page=3
Ben C. Smith

Re: To Show You Morton Smith's Interest Was Not Strange - 919 Scanned Books With Handwriting in Blank Pages

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Secret Alias wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:23 am I've noticed that the EU took an interest in Greek handwriting written into the blank pages of English and French books and scanned them and helped catalog them most from the eighteenth century https://opac.kozlib.gr/cgi-bin/koha/opa ... t=itype:MN It only sounds 'weird' that there was Greek handwriting in non-Greek books because we aren't familiar with the context.
I will give you this: your interests certainly lead you down some pretty obscure paths sometimes. Good for keeping the mind expanded. In one of his books John Dominic Crossan (oddly, to my way of thinking) expresses relief at not having to dive any further into the pseudo-Clementine Recognitions than he winds up doing, but the pseudo-Clementines are nothing compared to some of the avenues you like to explore.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

But one thing leads to another. But I'll be honest when someone as smart as Stephen Carlson (he's very smart) tells me in his book that there is something 'odd' about Greek handwriting in non-Greek the first reaction of anyone is like 'ok.' I have no frame of reference to think otherwise. I knew it was unique (just by doing this before). But now I am like #$#%! Someone must have bought these Latin books to 'educate' the inmates and the monks or whomever couldn't read Latin. I found 8 Cicero books and they just treated the bound books as blank pages. No one likely ever read these things. That handwriting is a dead-ringer. Maybe I haven't seen that unusual lambda. But the 'feel' is unmistakable. Wow! Thanks anyway for the complement. I'm hard to live with though.
Last edited by Secret Alias on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Italian handwriting in the blank pages. http://www.kozlib.gr/collections/view.p ... ng=&page=9

Look at this strange masterpiece written into an edition of Lucretius http://www.kozlib.gr/collections/view.p ... g=&page=12 So ornate!

Italian again. http://www.kozlib.gr/collections/view.p ... ng=&page=6 These books passed through Italy or a Greek Italian.

Latin writing in the blank pages. I was wrong about the inability to read Latin http://www.kozlib.gr/collections/view.p ... ng=&page=4

What I marvel it are the little things. The ability to write in a straight line and have everything look orderly on a blank page http://www.kozlib.gr/collections/view.p ... ng=&page=6
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

It's worth noting that the book with the handwriting which resembles the letter to Theodore is housed in a library in Kozani, Macedonia. https://opac.kozlib.gr/cgi-bin/koha/opa ... t=itype:MN

Macedonia is in northern Greece https://www.google.com/maps/place/Koven ... 21.7839431
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Secret Alias wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:50 amThanks anyway for the compliment. I'm hard to live with though.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

I blame my personality defects to being the son of a Holocaust survivor. This just came in the email from a noted Greek authority along with a (polite) fuck off don't bother me any more:
I see that this is first of all a quite thorny theological problem,
and since I am not a theologian but only a philologist (neohellenist)
I cannot help you in all matters you deal with.
Anyway, my impression is different of A. Tselikas' one, since I cannot
find visible signs of a forgery. The ms. pages I saw seem to me a 17th
c. ms, and all these signs that puzzle you have nothing to do with
much later abbreviations of words like Κος, Κου (= nominative and
genitive of κύριος = Mister/Monsieur).
I don't think I could ever move back to Canada. I've turned into something of a caricature of an American.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

The person with the similar handwriting is identified as:

George Sakellarios
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Go to navigationJump in search
George Sakellarios
Birth 1767
Kozani
Death October 25, 1838
Kozani
Nationality Greeks
Country of naturalization Ottoman Empire
Capacity doctor , writer and poet
data ( π • σ • ε )
The George K. Sakellarios ( 1767 - 1838 ) was a Greek philosopher and poet from Kozani . He studied Medicine in Vienna in the Greek environment of the Macedonian community and collaborated with Rigas Velestinlis in the publication of the " Tour of the new Anacharsidos in Greece " , already translated by him . After returning to his homeland, he practiced medicine in many Greek cities and was a physician to many officials of the Ottoman Empire, such as Ibrahim Pasha in Berati and Ali Pasha in Ioannina .

Table of Contents
1 Biography
1.1 1767-1785 Youth years in Kozani
1.2 1785-1795 In Pest and Bucharest
1.3 1795-1799 Student in Vienna
1.4 1799-1804 Doctor in Greek states
1.5 1804-1820 To Ibrahim and Ali Pasha
1.6 1820-1835 Doctor of other Turkish pashas
1.7 1836-1838 The last years in Kozani
2 His work
2.1 Books
3 References
4 Sources
5 Suggested bibliography
Biography
1767-1785 Early Years in Kozani
He was born in Kozani in 1767 [1] , son of Konstantinos Sakellarios and Vozitsa. Konstantinos Sakellarios, a merchant in the Danube cities ( Vienna , Budapest ) was a descendant of the Papagikas family, who from the village of Hormovo in the Akrokeravnia Mountains of Northern Epirus settled in Kozani around 1646.

George learned his first letters from the deacon Kallinikos. In 1776, at the age of 9, his father died. Orphaned by father, he continued his apprenticeship diligently, while from 1779 and for several years, he was a student of the monk Amfilochios Paraskevas of Giannio . Amfilochios was invited to Kozani, and first taught as a home teacher in the house of Ioannis Sakellariou, George's grandfather, until 1782, while then he taught at the Pagouni school [2] .

The title page of the book " Archeology summary of the Greeks ", as it was completed in the printing house of G. Ventotis in Vienna, after the death of the publisher.
In 1785-1795 Pest and Bucharest
Between 1785-1786 G. Sakellarios left Kozani to work in Pest , in the shop of his uncle George, while at the same time, under the tutelage of his grandfather John and his uncle, he studied Philosophy as well as Latin, French and German. The George Zaviras [3] , as referred to in twenty years younger western Macedonians compatriot with the words " binding of a friend excellent ," confirms the following about studying C. Sakellariou: " Afterwards a Snooze in Oungarian edidachthi the Germanikin and Gallikin the philosophical lessons were also spoken». In Pest, Sakellarios began translating plays and poetry. In 1786 he translated from German the tragedy "Kodros", in 1788 from French the "Result of Fleckicism" and in 1789 the "Romeo and Juliet" [4] . However, the above translations were never printed.

From Pest, like many Kozani and other Macedonians, he enlisted as a flag bearer of the Greek battalion in the army of mercenaries-volunteers of General Gideon von Laudon, formed by order of the Emperor of Hapsburg Joseph II to in the context of the Russo-Turkish War (1787-1792) . In this war the Austrians, as allies of the Russians, fought the Turks and the army of the ruler of Wallachia Nikolaos Mavrogenis , who fought with the army of the sultan. General Laudon attacked the Serbian front against Belgrade , which in three weeks was occupied (1789) by the Turks. [5]. The Greek battalion was soon disbanded and Sakellarios returned to Kozani. There, around 1790, he married Anastasia, daughter of the doctor Dimitrios Karakasis , with whom he had a son Constantinos, who was born in 1790 in Bucharest.

Although the October 1791 located in Pest, where it ends the translation of the " Theory of Dreams ", from 1792 until 1795 together with his wife Anastasia must have lived near his father-in Bucharest [6] . The manuscripts of Sakellariou 's reliable Biography [7] state: " Because his father-in-law was lucky in Bucharest, not dependent on his real estate income to save his family, he nevertheless went to take a political position, and …Thus, Sakellarios, with the encouragement and the promise of financial support from Dimitrios Karakasis, decided to study Medicine. He describes this important decision for his life, to leave the trade and to devote himself to Medicine in his enthusiastic letter to Zavira dated June 15, 1795 [8] .

1795-1799 Student in Vienna
In Vienna, he studied Medicine at the University there, mainly with funding from D. Karakasis and with some income from translations and corrections of books [9] . At the same time he was studying medicine in Vienna and the brother of his wife, the Constantine Karakasis [10] .

The cover of the first volume of the Greek translation of Jean Jacques Barthélemy 's book : "Voyage du jeune Anacharsis en Grèce", translated by Georgios Sakellarios and published in 1797 in Vienna.
In Vienna he resided from 1795 to 1799 [11] . His teacher in Medicine was the German professor Johann Peter Frank , who went down in history for his contribution to social medicine and hygiene. He was accompanied in Vienna by his son, Joseph Frank , who later became a teacher in Vilnius. The latter taught privately and propagated a general theory of medicine by the Scotsman John Brown , who argued that all illnesses were due to either a reduction in stimuli or an overstimulation and suggested two treatments respectively. Sakellarios was influenced by him and so, as P. Lioufis reports, "… τὸ πρῶτον Βραουνιστὴςὤν εἶτα ἐγένετο ἐκλεκτικός. » [12] . Even in the Sakellariou library are three books of Josef Frank [13] , that Sakellarios bought the same in 1798 [14] . After graduating, Sakellarios maintained a continuous correspondence with Frank for a number of years. Later, he Josef Frank, originally was applying and publishing projects supporting the process Brown was disappointed and ultimately not only abandoned but became a critic of [15] .

During his studies, and at the same time, Sakellarios translated the first three volumes of "The Tour of Anacharsidos ". At that time he also wrote " Archeology ", which is mainly a translation of the chapter concerning Ancient Greece from a book by the German evangelical theologian Moldenhauer (Johann Heinrich Daniel Moldenhawer). " Archeology " was printed in Vienna in 1796 and was one of the first books printed by Sakellarios.

The Agro- second time he visited Vienna in August 1796. Then Sakellarios was already there as a student, while George Ventotis had died of tuberculosis in November 1795. The Velestinlis and Sakellarios should cooperate in arranging the issuing of the project of Barthelemy [16] . However, the translation of the 4th volume was undertaken by Velestinlis, as Sakellarios had increased student obligations. In addition to Sakellarios, his brother and fellow student Konstantinos Karakasis also participated in Rigas' circle . [17] After the arrest of Rigas, in December 1797, his co-accused, the Siatist merchant Theocharis Tourountzias testified that "received for copying in spite of ... Sakellariou the rebellious chant "As long as young men", that he sang this with him and the medical students Karakassis and Panagiotou who are here, and even without them… " , even that" many times he came to after Sakellarios, Karakassis and Panagiotou spoke about the situation in Greece and that everyone promised to see the restoration of the old freedom and as an liberation from the Turkish yoke " [18] . Although the above testimony of Turundzia was clearly incriminating for Sakellarios, the fact that he was not arrested, but was not summoned for questioning, can only be explained by the influence of the Philhellene professor Johann Peter Frank, who then served as chief physician of the imperial court [19] .

The fact of the arrest and execution of Rigas, to those Greeks in his circle who escaped his arrest, caused concern and fear. So Sakellariou's interest was focused again on his medical education. During the years of his studies, but also in the later years when he practiced his profession in Vienna and Bucharest, he laid the foundations of his medical knowledge and engaged in the translation of medical works.

1799-1804 Doctor in Greek states
Sakellarios left Vienna on April 4, 1799. G. Zaviras mentions that " … in Vienna, where he studied medicine, and after spending three years, he went from Wallachia to the Philosopher Dimitrios Karakasin, his father-in-law in Greece " ο δε Παναγ. Lioufis comments with additional information, that "he went to Bucharest ... where for a year he almost perished as a salaried nurse of this father-in-law, chief physician at the Hospital of Bragovan. Distressed, however, he came here to Kozani, stayed small, and even went to… ". And while P. Lioufis does not mention his reasons, "he is upsetIt is possible that an important reason was the differences in the way patients were treated between the "brownish" groom and the conservative (selective) father-in-law. Below, Lioufis continues " ... a doctor was invited to Naoussa, from there to Thessaloniki, and after that he returned to his homeland and was invited to Tsaritsani, where he lost his wife Anastasian, a disease paid ... ". Anastasia died in 1800 [20] , and it is reasonable to assume that Sakellarios treated his wife's disease with the Brown method, as neither Joseph Frank nor Sakellarios had changed his medical beliefs by then. is also inferred from his correspondence with Perdikaris. After Anastasia's death, in September 1801, Sakellarios left herTsaritsani , passed through Thessaloniki and Naoussa, and settled for a year in Kastoria (1802-1803), from where, despite the high salary and the appreciation of the local Beys who hired him, he preferred to move to Ambelakia (1803-1804 [ 21] ), accepting the invitation of the nobles of the then prosperous city. But his fame spread to Berati , which was then the capital of the homonymous pasalik , founded by Kurt Ahmet Pasha.. In 1804, Beratio's staff was administered by Kurt Ahmet's successor, Ibrahim Pasha, who invited him as the head of two other Italian doctors he had in his staff.

1804-1820 To Ibrahim and Ali Pasha
He stayed in Berati, which during the Ottoman period was also known as Arnaut Belgrad, meaning Belgrade of the Albanians, and in the Greek Belgrade [22] , for three years, from February 1804 to March 1807. There, in 1805, he met Sakellarios the English soldier William Martin Lake (WM Leake), who toured Greece for five years with a military order, but also as consul of his country. Lick says of Sakellarios that " πα Ali Pasha was forced to accept Ibrahim's proposal and leave a place where he enjoyed the comforts of civilized Europe to be at the center of Albanian barbarism. "And even that Sakellarios"he aspires to be useful to his compatriots and is a real man of Letters, who is now engaged in the modern Greek translation of "General Greek History" by Cousin Despréaux " [23] . Lick went as far as the monastery of Panagia Apollonia , but fell ill with a high fever and returned to Berati, where he was hospitalized by Sakellarios.

From the nostalgia of his homeland and his son, who lived with his mother Vozitsa in Kozani, in 1805 Sakellarios visited Kozani. There he got married for the second time to Mitio (Stamata) Megdani [24], daughter of the learned priest Harisios Megdanis . Sakellarios was 38 at the time and Mitio was 16. Mitio Megdani Sakellariou had spiritual interests and followed her husband to the cities, where he provided his services as a doctor. From this marriage Sakellarios had three children, Pausanias, Vozitsa and Hariklia.

In 1807, Sakellarios was invited by the authoritarian pasha of Ioannina, Ali , to undertake medical duties in Pasaliki of Ioannina . In October 1809 in Tepeleni , where Ali was while his army was besieging Ibrahim Pasha of Berat, Sakellarios acted as an interpreter [25] during Lord Byron 's visit to Ali. This is substantiated as no one else can be " Femlario ", as Byron mistakenly wrote the name of Ali's doctor who understood Latin", In a letter to his mother. In 1810, after an eight-month siege, Ali forced Ibrahim Pasha to surrender and managed, through the Gate, to take over first himself and then his son the administration of the pasha of Berat, which was thus integrated into the pasha of Ioannina [26] . In 1810, after the death of Dr. Kyritsis and the departure of Dr. Ludwig Frank, Johann Frank's nephew, Sakellarios took over as chief physician and advisor to Ali.

In the meantime, Mitio Sakellariou continued her spiritual activities. With the support of her husband, and after receiving the approval of her priest father, she engaged in translations of plays, translating into Greek the comedies of the Italian playwright Carlo Goldoni "Fatherly Love" and "Cunning Widow". Although translations completed in 1810, were given in a volume Vienna 1818 [27] .

Nearby Ali Pasha and other Ottoman officials remained Sakellarios the period 1807-1813 [28] . In 1813, in Ioannina, he lived a year with unpleasant events. A tragic event was the death of his son, Constantine, who died of pneumonia, but his wife fell ill the same year. In Biography Sakellarios stated: " Tῷ 1813 died his son, paschousis receiver aimoptysian and apelpistheisis her spouse, tῷ 1814 carrying the mother and wife in Kozanin wherein diemeinen on this year, OTE translated the practice of medicine Chofeland '. The fact that he translates Hufeland, who was the ultimate " eclectic And an opponent of Brown's theory, it also marks the abandonment of this theory by Sakellario and his adherence to classical medicine, as he had been taught in Vienna. In 1815 Mitio gave birth to Pausanias. In 1817, when Ali Pasha appointed his fourteen-year-old son, Salih Pasha, governor of Berat, he appointed Sakellarios not only as Salih's personal physician, but also as his guardian and advisor. As a result, Sakellarios, following Sali, is forced to relocate to Berati for the second time. However, when, after Ali's apostasy in May 1820, Berati was besieged by the Sultan's army, Sakellarios escaped and landed in Kozani.

1820-1835 Doctor other Turkish pashas
Three days after his arrival in Kozani, Pasobeis Ismail , who had meanwhile been appointed by the Sultan of the Pasha of Ioannina and leader of the campaign against Ali, passing through Kozani included Sakellarios in his army, [29] with whom he arrived. in Ioannina and besieged Ali [30] . So Sakellarios is again in Ioannina, but this time in the enemy camp, which besieges Ali. On March 15, 1821, Khurshid Pasha arrived in Ioannina , replacing Ishmael. The Ali Pashawas killed in January 1822, and Khurshid sent his head to the sultan. In the meantime, Sakellarios must have left the Turkish camp citing the illness of his mother, who had contracted the plague and died in 1823. In the same year, his father-in-law, Harisios Megdanis, died of a stroke .

In 1823 Sakellarios was hired as a doctor by Dervis Pasha in Larissa, who accompanied him to the camp of Gravia , from where in 1824, Dervis, after the defeats suffered by the Greek chiefs, and his inability to cross to Salona, he was forced to return to Larissa, where, as expected, Sultan Mahmut II sent him his sentence, while Sakellarios and his servants returned to Kozani. There he practiced medicine, while he provided his medical services to Turkish commanders at the Monastery.(Bitolia). In 1829, for four months, we find him in Larissa as a doctor of Selim Mehmet Pasha. Finally in 1835, for a short time, he was a doctor of General Hussein Pasha Gavanatzoglou at the Monastery. Sakellarios was a doctor who had embraced the humanitarian principles of his profession, providing his medical services to anyone who requested them and wherever he was. This fact may be the answer to the concerns of those who comment on the contradictory behavior among the young man, who not only spread and sang the Thorium of Rigas, but also worked hard for the enlightenment of the Nation, with that of the mature and recognized doctor of its senior officials. Ottoman Empire, which he followed even in campaigns against the Greek revolutionaries.

1836-1838 In recent years in Kozani
The wanderings of Georgios Sakellarios ended in 1835-1836, with his return to his hometown at the age of 70 [31] . During his last years he lived in Kozani, in the house that was built by his grandfather and that he inherited. Sakellarios, although he traveled frequently and changed places of residence, did not lose contact with Kozani, where he returned after each relocation, maintaining ties with his place, people and home. [32]. In a manuscript of the same, it is described that in 1836 he fell ill from a bee sting. This fact, which is mentioned by all his biographers, seems to have been nothing but an allergic reaction that subsided a few days later. Two years later, he showed signs of a neurological condition characterized by gradual paralysis, which was the cause of his death. He died in October 1838, at the age of 73, and was buried in the courtyard of the Church of Agios Nikolaos in Kozani.

His work
George Sakellarios was one of the important personalities of the Modern Greek Enlightenment, whose extensive translation and writing work covers historical, medical, theater and poetry topics. Like the majority of the Greek Enlightenment, Sakellarios, using the current modern Greek language of his time and environment, tried to convey to the modern Greeks the achievements and ideas of enlightened Europe.

Books
• " Telemachus and Calypso ". Melodrama. Typography Markidon Pouliou, Vienna, 1796 . According to Zavira, it is a translation from German. It is probably a translation of Johann Christoph Frauendorf's Telemachus und Calypso.

• " Orpheus and Eurydice ". Drama. Typography Markidon Pouliou, Vienna, 1796 . (It exists in a common volume with the previous one and with a single page numbering). According to Zavira, it is a translation from French, into lyrics. The prototype was Italian libretto Gkalzampigki (Ranieri de 'Calzabigi, 1714-1795) , the known opera music by Gluck (Christoph Willibald Glück, 1714-1787) and was presented in 1762 before the Maria Theresia [33] .

• " Archeology concise of the Greeks ", Typogr. Geor. Ventoti, Vienna, 1796 [34] . Although the title page mentions " Raised by Various Authors " it seems to be mainly a German translation of a chapter from the work of Johann Heinrich Daniel Moldenhawer, " Einleitung in die Alterthümer der Egyptier, Juden, Griechen und Römer " . The book refers to the origin of the Greeks, to their gods and ceremonies, to the sciences, to the arts, to the customs, to the customs and in general with several details in the daily life in ancient Greece. The sufferer. Kitromilidisjudging "Archeology" says that those scholars adduce such conscious drivers on gender, contributed to the elimination of ignorance younger Greeks and made the knowledge society of civilized nations [35] . The publication includes the dedication letter of the sponsor and curator of the project, Polyzoi Lampanitziotis, to the bathroom Alexandros Hantzaris . The printing was completed the following year after Ventotis 's death , a fact that may justify the spelling mistake in his name.

• " Tour of the new Anacharsidos in Greece ", volume one, Markid. Pouliou, Vienna, 1797 . The full title is: Tour of Neos Anacharsidos in Greece around the middle of the fourth century BC. I composed a dialect in French by Mr. Bartholomew and translated by Georgios Konstantinos Sakellarios, from Kozani. Types I did not publish Expenditure of the Greeks . It is a translation of the first volume of the work " Voyage du jeune Anacharsis en Grèce " by Aba Jean-Jacques Barthélemy.The work describes the tour of a fictional figure in Greece of the 4th BC. ai., who associates with the famous Greeks of that time, so that in this way he revives with direct intimacy the world of Hellenism, its moral and cultural brilliance. Barthélemy's book, published in Paris in 1788, had an international repercussion and was reprinted and translated into many languages. However, the purpose of Velestinlis and Sakellarios, which was none other than to incite the Greeks in a revolution, was realized by the then Austrian police minister Pergen, who ordered the confiscation of the books of the Greek translation. He informed the Emperor of Austria as follows: "... as for the Greek translation, which seems to be intended only for this purpose, that is, to incite the spirit of freedom in the Greeks. For this reason I instructed the Police to confiscate all the already printed or even printed parts of this book. » [36] . It seems that Sakellarios used the German translation of the work as an original (Vienna, 1797), as he also preserved the prologue of the German version. The next two volumes translated by Sakellarios were never published, as Rigas was arrested. The 4th volume contains eight chapters, of which the first three are translated by Georgios Ventotos , while the rest by Rigas Velestinlis. Ventotis's translation effort had begun in 1795, when Sakellarios had already completed the translation of the first three volumes. Ventotis died in November 1795 and when Rigas arrived in Vienna in August 1796, he undertook the completion of the translation.

Title page from the "Poems" by G. Sakellariou, published in Vienna in 1817.
• " Poems ", Georgios Sakellariou, his doctor from Kozani, printing house of Ioannou Sneirer, Vienna, November 1817 [37] . "Poems" is perhaps his most famous work. The main theme of this poetry collection is the death of the poet's first wife, Anastasia, which occurred in 1800. The poems were written until 1801. The publication took place after 16 years, when the author was already living with his second wife. . It was financed by Kozanitis, a merchant and friend of Sakellarios, Kon. Takiatzis, whom Sakellarios thanks by calling him the "benefactor of the Nation and the Fatherland" in the letter published at the beginning of the book dated " 1817. August 30. in Kozani ".

Sakellariou's poetry is between the precursor Modern Greek Romanticism and Neoclassicism. P. Moullas parallels Sakellarios with the English poet of Night Thoughts ("Night-Thoughts") Edward Young (1683-1765) [38] and considers that "with his Poems he introduces the pre-romantic night mourning ...". This is also stated in the prologue of the poet who concludes:

Μοῦσαι, ἂν δὲν θέλ 'ἡ φύσις, δὲν σὲ κάμνουν ποιητήν,
ὅμως σ'ἔκαμεν ἡ Μοῖρα Ἰαλέμου μαθητήν.
Meaning that he was not supported by Calliope , the muse of epic poetry, but his fate made him a student of her son, Ialemos , who is identified with the personification of mourning song:

«Ἀλλ 'ὅταν ἡσυχάζῃ ὁ κόσμος και ὑπνῇ,
ἡ φαντασία τότε σ'ἐμένα ἐξυπνεῖ,
Οἱ ἄλλοι ὅταν ῥέγχουν ἐγώ πικρά θρηνῶ,
το πᾶν γλυκὰ κοιμᾶται, και μόνος ἀγρυπνῶ. »
The first part of the poetry collection includes the titles: Ialemos (first and second), Nyx (first and second), In vanity , Zero before the end blessed , In exile , and The partridge of the hunter . The first Ialemos dedicated " to the death of his beloved wife Anastasia Karakassis " begins with the lyrics:

Ὼ ἀγαπητόν μου ταῖρι,
ἄχόλον μου pigeon
καὶ τρυγὼν εἰλικρινής.
Феῦ! πῶς εἶσ 'ἀναπαυμένη,
καὶ ὡς νύμφη στολισμένη,
καὶ μ 'ἐμένα δέν πονεῖς;
The second part of the collection includes meter letters, one to Georgios Zaviras (15 Jun. 1795), and eight of his meter correspondence with his roommate, fellow artist and friend Michael Perdikaris, written after Anastasia's death, between November 1800 and March 1801. Perdikaris's first letter is consoling about Anastasia's death and ends by suggesting to his friend to resort to the wisdom of Athena. In response, Sakellarios emphasizes the pleasure caused by the letter, asks for friendly support, but also in four verses succeeds against Asclepius, who deprived him of "his aids". In a later letter, Perdikaris is mentioned as answering questions about Brown's medical theory (Brown, John Brown) and ends with a hymn and prayer to Athena, while Sakellarios mentions views of the medical theory he then advocated. [39], as well as other philosophical views related to his condition. In the letters the exchange of views leads to the comparison of Medicine with the other sciences. Sakellariou's last letter, which has no date but is entitled "Answer to the question of which system of medicine it follows", may have been written much later as, as a doctor, the poet in this letter supports empiricism.

In this poetic correspondence the two medical poets reveal their sensibilities, the knowledge of Greek mythology, but also their lyrical abilities, which the allegorical presentation of the twelve, allows them to maintain the quality of their poetry, even when commenting on scientific and philosophically.