Counter Factual History

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
The Crow

Re: Counter Factual History

Post by The Crow »

hjalti wrote:This thread is silly. Since Jesus was the emperor Tiberius, if he hadn't been killed, he would obviously just have gone back to Rome to rule the empire.
It is if you don't understand Alternate History/Counter Factual History. I have explained it the best way I know how.
Solstice

Post by Solstice »

What you propose would be a fictional tale inside a fictional tale.

I agree - Jesus could have gone on to become a teacher, or continued to be a Tekton (the "Last temptation" book doesn't say what he did for a living) or whatever - he could have honed his political skills and gone on to be part of the local Roman Govt. This is NOT alternate history - it's rewriting FICTION... which is what the story of Jesus is. (obviously I'm in the MJ camp)

Or is your question: "How would real history have been changed had the fictional STORY of Jesus had a different ending? "
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Solstice wrote:What you propose would be a fictional tale inside a fictional tale.

I agree - Jesus could have gone on to become a teacher, or continued to be a Tekton (the "Last temptation" book doesn't say what he did for a living) or whatever - he could have honed his political skills and gone on to be part of the local Roman Govt. This is NOT alternate history - it's rewriting FICTION... which is what the story of Jesus is. (obviously I'm in the MJ camp)

Or is your question: "How would real history have been changed had the fictional STORY of Jesus had a different ending? "
You don't get it either huh....... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: