'body, flesh, soul, spirit' in all of the NT - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

'body, flesh, soul, spirit' in all of the NT - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts

Post by mlinssen »

This is part of the series "all of the NT": search.php?keywords=All+of+the+nt&terms ... mit=Search

A list of all verses with body, flesh, soul, spirit - case insensitive, yet highlighting has different shades of the same colour to discern lower case or upper case

Berean Literal Bible - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts

BOOK OF Matthew
Chapter 1 The Genealogy of Jesus
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ came about in this way: His mother Mary, having been pledged to Joseph, before their coming together, was found holding in womb through the Holy Spirit.
20 But on his having pondered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, you should not be afraid to receive Mary as your wife, for that having been conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
Chapter 2 The Pilgrimage of the Magi
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
11 I indeed baptize you withb water unto repentance, but after me is coming He who is mightier than I, of whom I am not worthy to carry the sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire,
16 And immediately, having been baptized, Jesus went up from the water; and behold, the heavens were openedc and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and alighting upon Him.
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
1 Then Jesus was led up into the wilderness by the Spirit to be tempted by the devil.
Chapter 5 The Sermon on the Mount
3 “Blessed are the poor in the spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens.
29 And if your right eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and cast it from you. For it is better for you that one of your members should perish and not that your whole body should be cast into Gehenna.
30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and cast it from you, for it is better for you that one of your members should perish and not that your whole body should depart into Gehenna. Divorce
Chapter 6 Giving to the Needy
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. The Lamp of the Body
22 The eye is the lamp of the body. So if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light.
23 But if your eye is evil, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
25 Because of this I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you should eat or what you should drink; nor your body, what you should put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
Chapter 7 Do Not Judge
Chapter 8 The Leper's Prayer
16 And evening having come, they brought to Him many being possessed with demons, and He cast out the spirits with a word and He healed all those being sick,
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
Chapter 10 The Twelve Apostles
1 And having summoned His twelve disciples, He gave to them authority over unclean spirits, so as to cast them out and to heal every disease and every sickness.
20 for you are not those speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
28 And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul. Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.
Chapter 11 John's Inquiry
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Chapter 12 The Lord of the Sabbath
18 “Behold My servant, whom I have chosen, My beloved, in whom My soul has found delight. I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
31 Because of this I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men; but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
32 And if anyone speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but if anyone speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age nor in the coming one. Good and Bad Fruit
42 The queen of the south will rise up in the judgment with this the generation and will condemn it. For she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, a greater than Solomon is here. An Unclean Spirit Returns
43 Now when the unclean spirit is gone out from the man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it.
45 Then it goes and takes with itself seven other spirits more evil than itself; and having entered in, they dwell there, and the last of that the man becomes worse than the first. So also will it be unto this evil generation.” Jesus' Mother and Brothers
Chapter 13 The Parable of the Sower
Chapter 14 The Beheading of John
12 And his disciples having come, took the body and buried it, and having come, they told Jesus. The Feeding of the Five Thousand
26 And the disciples having seen Him walking on the sea, were troubled saying, “It is a [highlight=#red]ghost[/highlight]” And they cried out in fear.
Chapter 15 Tradition and Worship
Chapter 16 The Demand for a Sign
17 And Jesus answering, said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona! For flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in the heavens.
26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul? Or what will a man give as an exchange for his soul?
Chapter 17 The Transfiguration
Chapter 18 The Greatest in the Kingdom
Chapter 19 Teachings about Divorce
5 and said, ‘On account of this a man will leave the father and mother and be joined with his wife, and the two will become into one flesh’b?—
6 so that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God united together, let man not separate.”
Chapter 20 The Parable of the Workers
Chapter 21 The Triumphal Entry
Chapter 22 The Parable of the Banquet
37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’d
43 He says to them, “How then does David in spirit call Him Lord, saying:
Chapter 23 Woes to Scribes and Pharisees
Chapter 24 Temple Destruction Foretold
22 And unless those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved; but because of the elect, those days will be shortened.
Chapter 25 The Parable of the Ten Virgins
Chapter 26 The Plot to Kill Jesus
12 For this woman, in pouring this fragrant oil on My body, did it for My burial.
26 Now as they were eating, Jesus, having taken bread and having blessed it, broke it, and having given it to the disciples, He said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
38 Then He says to them, “My soul is very sorrowful, even to death. Remain here and watch with Me.”
41 Watch and pray, that you do not enter into temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the flesh weak.”
Chapter 27 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
50 And Jesus, having cried again in a loud voice, yielded up His spirit.
58 Having gone to Pilate, he asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded it to be given up.
59 And Joseph having taken the body, wrapped it in a clean linen cloth
Chapter 28 The Resurrection
19 Therefore having gone, disciple all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

BOOK OF Mark
Chapter 1 The Mission of John the Baptist
8 I baptized you with water,d but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” The Baptism of Jesus
10 And immediately going up from the water, he saw the heavens tearing open and the Spirit descending as a dove upon Him.
12 And immediately the Spirit drives Him out into the wilderness.
20 And immediately He called them, and having left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants, they went away after Him. Jesus Expels an Unclean Spirit
23 And immediately there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit, and he cried out,
26 And having thrown him into convulsions, and having cried in a loud voice, the unclean spirit came forth out of him.
27 And all were astonished, so as to question among themselves, saying, “What is this new teaching? With authority He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him!”
Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
8 And immediately Jesus, having known in His spirit that they are reasoning thus within themselves, says to them, “Why do you reason these things in your hearts?
Chapter 3 Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
11 And the unclean spirits, whenever they beheld Him, were falling down before Him and crying out, saying, “You are the Son of God.”
29 But whoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit does not have forgiveness, to the age, but is guilty of eternal sin.”
30 For they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.” Jesus' Mother and Brothers
Chapter 4 The Parable of the Sower
Chapter 5 The Demons and the Pigs
2 And of Him having gone forth out of the boat, immediately out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit met Him,
8 For He was saying to him, “You come forth out of the man, unclean spirit!”
13 And He allowed them. And the unclean spirits having gone out, entered into the pigs, and the herd—about two thousand—rushed down the steep bank into the sea, and they were drowned in the sea.
29 And immediately her flow of blood was dried up, and she knew in the body that she was healed from the affliction.
Chapter 6 The Rejection at Nazareth
7 And He calls to Him the Twelve, and He began to send them forth two by two, and He gave to them authority over the unclean spirits.
29 And his disciples having heard it, came and took up his body, and laid it in a tomb. The Feeding of the Five Thousand
49 And having seen Him walking on the sea, they thought that it is a [highlight=#red]ghost[/highlight], and cried out.
Chapter 7 Tradition and Worship
25 But immediately, having heard about Him, a woman whose little daughter had an unclean spirit, having come, fell at His feet.
Chapter 8 The Feeding of the Four Thousand
12 And having sighed deeply in His spirit, He says, “Why does this generation seek a sign? Truly I say to you, no sign will be given to this generation.”
36 For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and to lose his soul?
37 For what shall a man give as an exchange for his soul?
Chapter 9 The Transfiguration
13 But I say to you, that also Elijah has come, and they did to him whatever they desired, as it has been written of him.” The Boy with an Evil Spirit
17 And one out of the crowd answered Him, “Teacher, I brought to You my son, having a mute spirit;
20 And they brought him to Him. And having seen Him, the spirit immediately threw him into convulsions, and having fallen upon the ground, he began rolling around, foaming.
25 And Jesus, having seen that a crowd was running together, rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him, and you may enter into him no more.”
Chapter 10 Teachings about Divorce
8 and the two will be for one flesh.’c Therefore they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Chapter 11 The Triumphal Entry
Chapter 12 The Parable of the Wicked Tenants
30 and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’e
36 David himself said by the Holy Spirit: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I place Your enemies as a footstool of Your feet.”’g
Chapter 13 Temple Destruction Foretold
11 But when they might lead you away, delivering you up, do not be anxious beforehand what you should say; but whatever might be given to you in that hour, speak that. For you are not those speaking, but the Holy Spirit.
20 And if the Lord had not shortened the days, not any flesh would have been saved; but on account of the elect whom He chose, He has shortened the days.
Chapter 14 The Plot to Kill Jesus
8 She did what she could. She came beforehand to anoint My body for the burial.
22 And as they were eating, having taken bread, having spoken a blessing, He broke it and gave it to them and said, “Take it; this is My body.”
34 And He says to them, “My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here and watch.”
38 Watch and pray, so that you may not enter into temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
51 And a certain young man was following Him, having cast a linen cloth about his naked body. And they seize him,
Chapter 15 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
43 having come, Joseph from Arimathea, a prominent Council member, who was also himself waiting for the kingdom of God, having boldness, went in to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus.
45 And having known it from the centurion, He granted the body to Joseph.
Chapter 16 The Resurrection

BOOK OF Luke
Chapter 1 Dedication to Theophilus
15 For he will be great before the Lord. And he shall never drink wine and strong drink, and he will be full of the Holy Spirit even from his mother’s womb.
17 And he will go forth before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
35 And the angel answering, said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore also the Holy One being bornb will be called the Son of God.
41 And it came to pass, as Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby in her womb leaped. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit,
46 And Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord,
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
67 And his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied, saying,
80 And the child continued to grow and was strengthened in spirit;c and he was in the deserted places until the day of his appearance to Israel.
Chapter 2 The Birth of Jesus
25 And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon. And this man was righteous and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
26 And it was divinely revealed to him by the Holy Spirit not to see death before that he should see the Lord’s Christ.
27 And he came in the Spirit into the temple. And in the time when the parents were bringing in the child Jesus, the thing they were doing for Him according to that having become customary by the Law,
35 and a sword also will go through your own soul— so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.” The Prophecy of Anna
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
6 And all flesh will see the salvation of God.”a
16 John answered all saying, “I indeed baptize you with water,b but the One mightier than I comes, of whom I am not worthy to untie the strap of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire,c
22 and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in a bodily form as a dove, and a voice came out of heaven: “You are My Son, the beloved; in You I am well pleased.” The Genealogy of Jesus
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
1 And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and a report concerning Him went out into all the surrounding region.
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because of which He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Mee to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth in deliverance the oppressed,
30 But He, having passed through their midst, went away. Jesus Expels an Unclean Spirit
33 And in the synagogue was a man having a spirit of an unclean demon; and he cried out in a loud voice,
36 And astonishment came upon all, and they were speaking to one another, saying, “What word is this, that He commands the unclean spirits with authority and power, and they come out?”
Chapter 5 The First Disciples
Chapter 6 The Lord of the Sabbath
18 who came to hear Him and to be healed of their diseases. And those troubled with unclean spirits were healed.
Chapter 7 The Faith of the Centurion
21 At that very hour, He healed many of diseases and afflictions and evil spirits, and He granted many blind to see.
Chapter 8 Women Minister to Jesus
2 and certain women who had been cured from evil spirits and infirmities: Mary who is called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out,
29 For He was commanding the unclean spirit to come out from the man. For it had seized him many times, and he was bound, being kept with chains and shackles. And breaking the chains, he was driven by the demon into the deserts.
55 And her spirit returned, and she arose immediately; and He directed to be given to her to eat.
Chapter 9 The Ministry of the Twelve
36 And as the voice occurred, Jesus was found alone. And they were silent, and they told to no one in those days anything of what they had seen. The Boy with an Evil Spirit
39 And behold, a spirit takes him, and suddenly he cries out, and it throws him into convulsions with foaming, and with difficulty it departs from him, crushing him.
42 And while he was coming near, the demon threw him down, and threw him into convulsions. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father. The Second Prediction of the Passion
Chapter 10 Jesus Sends Out the Disciples
20 Yet do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subjected to you; but rejoice that your names are written in the heavens.” Jesus' Prayer of Thanksgiving
21 In the same hour, He rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I fully consent to You, Father, Lord of the heaven and of the earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for thus was it well-pleasing before You.
27 And answering, he said, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind’c and ‘Your neighbor as yourself.’d”
Chapter 11 The Lord's Prayer
13 Therefore if you, being evil, know to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Father who is in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those asking Him!” A House Divided
23 The one not being with Me is against Me; and the one not gathering with Me scatters. An Unclean Spirit Returns
24 When the unclean spirit is gone out from the man, it passes through waterless places, seeking rest and not finding any. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house, from where I came out.’
26 Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more evil than itself, and having entered, they dwell there; and the last of that man becomes worse than the first.” True Blessedness
32 The men of Nineveh will stand up in the judgment with this generation and will condemn it. For they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, greater than Jonah is here. The Lamp of the Body
34 Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is clear, your whole body is also light; but when it is evil, your body is also dark.
36 If therefore your body is full of light, not having any part dark, it will be all light, as when the lamp shining might light you.” Woes to Religious Leaders
Chapter 12 The Leaven of the Pharisees
4 And I say to you, My friends, you should not fear because of those killing the body and after these things not being able to do anything more abundantly.
10 And everyone who will speak a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but the one having blasphemed against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in the same hour what it behooves you to say.” The Parable of the Rich Fool
19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many good things laid up for many years; take your rest; eat, drink, be merry.”’
20 And God said to him, ‘Fool! This night, your soul is required of you; and what you did prepare—to whom will it be?’
22 And He said to His disciples, “Because of this I say to you, do not be anxious for life, what you should eat, nor for your body, what you should put on.
23 For life is more than food, and the body than clothing.
Chapter 13 A Call to Repentance
11 And behold, a woman having a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and she was bent over and not able to lift herself up to the full.
Chapter 14 Jesus Heals a Man with Dropsy
Chapter 15 The Parable of the Lost Sheep
Chapter 16 The Parable of the Shrewd Manager
Chapter 17 Temptations and Trespasses
37 And answering, they say to Him, “Where, Lord?” And He said to them, “Where the body is, there also the vultures will be gathered together.”
Chapter 18 The Persistent Widow
Chapter 19 Jesus and Zacchaeus
Chapter 20 Jesus' Authority Challenged
Chapter 21 The Poor Widow's Offering
19 By your patient endurance, you will gain your souls. The Destruction of Jerusalem
Chapter 22 The Plot to Kill Jesus
19 And having taken the bread, having given thanks, He broke it and gave to them, saying, “This is My body, which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me,”
Chapter 23 Jesus Before Pilate
46 And having called out in a loud voice, Jesus said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My Spirit.”f And having said this, He breathed His last.
52 He having gone to Pilate, asked for the body of Jesus.
55 And the women who were come with Him out of Galilee, having followed, saw the tomb and how His body was laid.
Chapter 24 The Resurrection
3 But having entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
23 and not having found His body, they came declaring to have also seen a vision of angels, who say He is alive.
37 But having been terrified, and having been filled with fear, they were thinking themselves to see a spirit.
39 See My hands and My feet, that I am He. Touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see Me having.”

BOOK OF John
Chapter 1 The Beginning
13 who were born not of blood, nor of will of flesh, nor of will of man, but of God. The Word became flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. And we beheld His glory, a glory as of an only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
32 And John bore witness saying, “I have beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and it remained upon Him.
33 And I did not know Him; but the One having sent me to baptize with water, He said to me, ‘Upon whom you shall see the Spirit descending and abiding on Him, He is the One baptizing with the Holy Spirit.’
Chapter 2 The Wedding at Cana
21 But He was speaking concerning the temple of His body.
Chapter 3 Jesus and Nicodemus
5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless anyone be born of water and of the Spirit, he is not able to enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That having been born of the flesh is flesh, and that having been born of the Spirit is spirit.
8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know from where it comes and where it goes. Thus is everyone having been born of the Spirit.”
34 For He whom God sent speaks the words of God, for He gives the Spirit without measure.
Chapter 4 Jesus and the Samaritan Woman
23 But an hour is coming and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father also seeks such who worship Him.
24 God is Spirit, and it behooves those worshiping Him to worship in spirit and truth.”
Chapter 5 The Pool of Bethesda
Chapter 6 The Feeding of the Five Thousand
51 I am the living bread, having come down from heaven. If anyone shall have eaten of this bread, he will live to the age. And also, the bread that I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”
52 Therefore the Jews were arguing with one another, saying, “How is this man able to give us His flesh to eat?”
53 Therefore Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you shall have eaten the flesh of the Son of Man, and shall have drunk His blood, you do not have life in yourselves.
54 The one eating My flesh and drinking My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up in the last day.
55 For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink.
56 The one eating My flesh and drinking My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
63 It is the Spirit giving life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and they are life.
Chapter 7 Jesus Teaches at the Feast
39 Now He said this concerning the Spirit, whom those having believed in Him were about to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. Division Regarding Jesus
Chapter 8 The Woman Caught in Adultery
15 You judge according to the flesh; I am judging no one.
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals the Man Born Blind
34 They answered and said to him, “You were born entirely in sins, and do you teach us?” And they cast him out. Spiritual Blindness
Chapter 10 Jesus the Good Shepherd
24 Therefore the Jews encircled Him and were saying to Him, “Until when do You hold our soul in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
Chapter 11 The Death of Lazarus
33 Therefore Jesus, when He saw her weeping and the Jews having come with her weeping, was deeply moved in spiritb and Himself troubled.
Chapter 12 Mary Anoints Jesus
27 Now My soul has been troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But on account of this I came to this hour.
Chapter 13 Jesus Washes His Disciples' Feet
21 Having said these things, Jesus was troubled in spirit, and He testified and said, “Truly, truly, I say to you that one of you will betray Me.”
Chapter 14 Jesus Comforts the Disciples
14 If you ask Mec anything in My name, I will do it. Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it does not see Him nor know. But you know Him, for He abides with you and He will be in you.d
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and will bring to your remembrance all things that I have said to you. Peace I Leave with You
Chapter 15 Jesus the True Vine
26 When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes forth from the Father, He will bear witness concerning Me.
Chapter 16 Persecution Foretold
4 But I have said these things to you, so that when their hour might have come, you may remember that I said them to you. Now I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. The Promise of the Holy Spirit
13 But when He the, Spirit of truth, shall come, He will guide you into all the truth. For He will not speak from Himself, but whatever He may hear, He will speak. And He will declare to you the things coming.
Chapter 17 Prayer for the Son
2 As You gave Him authority over all flesh, so that all whom You have given Him, He may give to them eternal life.
Chapter 18 The Betrayal of Jesus
Chapter 19 The Soldiers Mock Jesus
30 Therefore when Jesus took the sour wine, He said “It has been finished.” And having bowed the head, He yielded up the spirit. Jesus' Side is Pierced
38 And after these things, Joseph from Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but concealed through the fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave permission. So he came and took away His body.
40 So they took the body of Jesus and bound it in linen cloths, with the spices, as is the custom among the Jews to prepare for burial.
Chapter 20 The Resurrection
12 and she sees two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
22 And having said this, He breathed on them and He says to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
Chapter 21 Jesus Appears at the Sea of Galilee

BOOK OF Acts
Chapter 1 Prologue
2 until the day He was taken up, having given orders by the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom He had chosen,
5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized withb the Holy Spirit not many days after these.” The Ascension
8 But you will receive power, the Holy Spirit having come upon you, and you will be witnesses for Me, both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the uttermost part of the earth.”
16 “Men, brothers, it was necessary for the Scripture to have been fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke beforehand by the mouth of David concerning Judas, the one having become guide to those having arrested Jesus.
Chapter 2 The Holy Spirit at Pentecost
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit was giving to them to utter forth.
17 ‘And it will be in the last days, God says, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy, and your young men will see visions, and your elders will dream dreams.
18 And even upon My servants, and upon My handmaidens, I will pour out of My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.
26 Because of this my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced, and now also my flesh will dwell in hope,
27 for You will not abandon my soul into Hades, nor will You allow Your Holy One to see decay.
31 Having foreseen, he spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was He abandoned into Hades, nor did His flesh see decay.
33 Therefore having been exalted at the right hand of God, and having received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father, He has poured out this which you are both seeing and hearing.
38 And Peter says to them, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
41 Therefore those indeed having received his word were baptized, and on that day about three thousand souls were added. The Fellowship of Believers
43 And awee was coming upon every soul, and both many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles.
Chapter 3 A Lame Man Walks
23 And it will be that every soul who might not heed that prophet will be utterly destroyed out from the people.’c
Chapter 4 Peter and John Before the Council
8 Then Peter, having been filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders,
25 having spoken by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of Your servant,b our father David: ‘Why did the Gentiles rage, and the peoples devise vain things?
31 And they having prayed, the place in which they were assembled was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and were speaking the word of God with boldness. Sharing among Believers
32 Now the multitude of those having believed were one in heart and soul, and not one claimed anything of that which he possesses to be his own, but all things were theirs in common.
Chapter 5 Ananias and Sapphira
3 But Peter said, “Ananias, because of why has Satan filled your heart for you to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back from the proceeds of the land?
9 But Peter said to her, “Why is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Behold, the feet of those having buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.”
16 Now the multitude from the cities surrounding Jerusalem also were coming together, bringing the sick and those being tormented by unclean spirits, who were all healed. The Apostles Arrested and Freed
32 And we are witnesses of these things, and also the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those obeying Him.” Gamaliel's Advice
Chapter 6 The Choosing of the Seven
3 Therefore brothers, select out from yourselves seven men being well attested, full of the Spirit and wisdom, whom we will appoint over this task.
5 And the statement was pleasing before the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas of Antioch, a convert,
10 And they were not able to withstand the wisdom and the Spirit by whom he was speaking.
Chapter 7 Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin
14 And Joseph, having sent, called for his father Jacob and all the kindred, seventy-five souls in all.
51 You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, also do you.
55 But he being full of the Holy Spirit, having looked intently into heaven, saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God,
59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he was calling out and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”
Chapter 8 Saul Persecutes the Church
7 For from many of those having unclean spirits, they were coming out, crying in a loud voice. And many having been paralyzed and lame were healed.
15 who having come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.
17 Then they began laying the hands upon them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
18 Now of Simon having seen that the Spirit was given through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered to them money,
19 saying, “Give also to me this authority, that on whomever I may lay the hands, he may receive the Holy Spirit.”
29 And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go near and join yourself to this chariot.”
39 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried away Philip, and the eunuch saw him no longer. For he went his way rejoicing.
Chapter 9 The Road to Damascus
17 And Ananias went away and entered into the house; and having laid the hands upon him, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, the One having appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me that you may see again and be filled of the Holy Spirit.”
31 Then indeed the churches throughout all of Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace, being edified. And going on in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied. The Healing of Aeneas
40 And Peter having put all outside and having bowed the knees, prayed. And having turned to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise!” And she opened her eyes, and having seen Peter, she sat up.
Chapter 10 Cornelius Sends for Peter
19 And of Peter thinking over the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold, three men are seeking you.b
38 Jesus from Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all those being oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.
43 To Him all the prophets bear witness that everyone believing in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name.” The Gentiles Receive the Holy Spirit
44 Of Peter still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those hearing the word.
45 And the believers from the circumcision, as many as had come with Peter, were amazed that the gift of the Holy Spirit has been poured out even upon the Gentiles.
47 “Is anyone able to withhold the water to baptize these who have received the Holy Spirit, just as we also have?”
Chapter 11 Peter's Report at Jerusalem
12 Now the Spirit told me to go with them, not having discriminated. Now these six brothers also went with me, and we entered into the man’s house,
15 And in my beginning to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, even as also upon us in the beginning.
16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said, ‘John indeed baptized with water,a but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’
24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a large crowd was added to the Lord.
28 And one of them named Agabus, having risen up, signified by the Spirit that a great famine is about to be over the whole world—which came to pass under Claudius.
Chapter 12 James Killed, Peter Imprisoned
Chapter 13 Paul's First Missionary Journey
2 Now as they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart then to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”
4 Therefore indeed having been sent forth by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and they sailed from there to Cyprus.
9 And Saul, the one also called Paul, having been filled the Holy Spirit, having looked intently upon him,
52 and the disciples were filled with joy and the Holy Spirit.
Chapter 14 Paul and Barnabas at Iconium
22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith and that “through many tribulations it behooves us to enter into the kingdom of God.”
Chapter 15 The Dispute over Circumcision
8 And the heart-knowing God bore witness to them, having given them the Holy Spirit, as also to us.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us, to lay upon you no further burden, except these necessary things:
Chapter 16 Timothy Joins Paul and Silas
6 And having passed through Phrygia and the Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia,
7 and having come down to Mysia, they were attempting to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them.
16 Now it happened of us going to the place of prayer, a certain girl, having a spirit of Python,a met us, who was bringing her masters much gain by fortune-telling.
18 And she continued this for many days. And Paul having been distressed and having turned, said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out from her.” And it came out that hour.
Chapter 17 Paul Preaches at Thessalonica
16 Now of Paul in Athens waiting for them, his spirit was provoked in him, seeing the city to be utterly idolatrous.
Chapter 18 Paul's Ministry in Corinth
25 He was instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and was teaching earnestly the things concerning Jesus, knowing only the baptism of John.
Chapter 19 The Holy Spirit Received at Ephesus
2 he also said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit, having believed?” And they said to him, “But not even did we hear that there is a Holy Spirit.”
6 And of Paul having laid the hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they were speaking in tongues and prophesying.
12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons from his skin were brought to the ailing, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits left. The Sons of Sceva
13 Now some of the itinerant Jews, exorcists, also attempted to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those having evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by Jesus, whom Paul proclaims.”
15 But the evil spirit answering, said to them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I am acquainted with; but you, who are you?”
16 And the man in whom was the evil spirit, having leapt on them, having overpowered them all, prevailed against them so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
21 Now after these things were fulfilled, Paul purposed in the Spirit to go to Jerusalem, having passed through Macedonia and Achaia, having said, “After my having been there, it behooves me to see Rome also.”
Chapter 20 Paul in Macedonia and Greece
22 And now behold, bound in the Spirit I go to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me in it,
23 except that the Holy Spirit fully testifies to me in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me.
28 Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has set you overseers, to shepherd the church of God,c which He purchased with the own blood.d
Chapter 21 Paul's Journey to Jerusalem
4 And we remained there seven days, having sought out the disciples, who kept telling Paul through the Spirit not to go up to Jerusalem.
11 And having come to us and having taken Paul’s belt, having bound his feet and hands, he said, “Thus the Holy Spirit says, ‘In this way the Jews in Jerusalem will bind the man whose belt this is, and will deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.’”
Chapter 22 Paul's Defense to the Crowd
Chapter 23 Paul Before the Sanhedrin
8 For indeed Sadducees say there to be no resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit; but Pharisees confess both.
9 Then a great clamor arose, and some of the scribes of the party of the Pharisees, having risen up, were contending saying, “We find nothing evil in this man. And what if a spirit or an angel has spoken to him?”
Chapter 24 Tertullus Prosecutes Paul
Chapter 25 Paul's Trial Before Festus
Chapter 26 Paul's Testimony to Agrippa
Chapter 27 Paul Sails for Rome
37 And we were altogether two hundred seventy-sixg souls in the ship.
Chapter 28 Ashore on Malta
25 And being discordant with one another they began to leave, Paul having spoken one word: “The Holy Spirit spoke rightly by the prophet Isaiah to your fathers,

60,000 character limit, continued in next Reply
Last edited by mlinssen on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
mlinssen

Re: 'body, flesh, soul, spirit' in all of the NT - Romans and after up to including James

Post by mlinssen »

A list of all verses with body, flesh, soul, spirit - case insensitive, yet highlighting has different shades of the same colour to discern lower case or upper case

Berean Literal Bible - Romans and after up to including James

BOOK OF Romans
Chapter 1 Greeting the Saints in Rome
3 concerning His Son, having come of the seed of David according to flesh,
4 having been declared the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness, by resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord,
9 For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the gospel of His Son, is my witness how unceasingly I make mention of you,
11 For I long to see you, that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, to your strengthening,
Chapter 2 God's Righteous Judgment
9 tribulation and distress upon every soul of man working evil, both of Jewish first, and also of Greek;
28 For the one on the outside a Jew is not, neither that on the outside in flesh is circumcision.
29 But he who is a Jew is one on the inside; and circumcision is of heart, in spirit, not in letter, of whom the praise is not of men, but of God.
Chapter 3 God Remains Faithful
20 Therefore by works of the Law, not any flesh will be justified before Him; for through the Law is knowledge of sin. Righteousness through Faith
Chapter 4 Abraham Justified by Faith
1 What then shall we say Abraham our father discovered according to the flesh?
19 And not having become weak in the faith, he considered his body already having become dead, being about a hundred years old, and the lifelessness of Sarah’s womb.
Chapter 5 The Triumph of Faith
5 And hope does not make us ashamed, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, the One having been given to us. Christ's Sacrifice for the Ungodly
Chapter 6 Dead to Sin, Alive to God
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, so that the body of sin might be annulled, that we are no longer enslaved to sin.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, in order to obey its desires.
19 I speak in human terms on account of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you yielded your members in bondage to impurity and to lawlessness unto lawlessness, so now yield your members in bondage to righteousness unto sanctification.
Chapter 7 Release from the Law
4 Likewise, my brothers, you also have been put to death to the Law through the body of Christ, for you to belong to another, to the One having been raised out from the dead, so that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For while we were in the flesh, the passions of sins that were through the Law were at work in our members, to the bringing forth of fruit to death.
6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that which we were bound, in order for us to serve in newness of the Spirit, and not in oldness of the letter. God's Law is Holy
14 For we know that the Law is spiritual; but I am fleshly, having been sold under sin.
18 For I know that there dwells in me nothing good, that is, in my flesh. For to will is present with me, but not to do good.
24 O wretched man I am! Who will deliver me out of this body of death?
25 Thanks be then to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself indeed with my mind serve God’s Law; but with the flesh, the Law of sin.
Chapter 8 Living in the Spirit
2 For the Law of the Spirit of life has set you freeb in Christ Jesus from the Law of sin and death.
3 For of the Law being powerless in that it was weak through the flesh, God, having sent His Son in likeness of sin of flesh and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh,
4 so that the righteousness of the Law should be fulfilled in us not walking according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
5 For those being according to flesh mind the things of the flesh; but those according to Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For the mind of the flesh is death; but the mind of the Spirit, life and peace,
7 because the mind of the flesh is hostility toward God; for it is not subject to the Law of God, for not even can it be.
8 And those being in the flesh are not able to please God.
9 Now you are not in flesh but in Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you; but if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him.
10 But if Christ is in you, the body is indeed dead on account of sin, but the Spirit is life on account of righteousness.
11 And if the Spirit of the One having raised up Jesus out from the dead dwells in you, the One having raised up Christ Jesus out from the deadc also will give life to your mortal bodies, on account of His Spirit dwelling in you. Heirs with Christ
12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to flesh.
13 For if you live according to flesh, you are about to die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15 For you have not received a spirit of bondage again to fear, but you have received the Spirit of divine adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
23 And not only so, but we ourselves, even having the firstfruit of the Spirit, also groan ourselves in ourselves, awaiting divine adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
26 Now likewise also, the Spirit joins to help us in weakness; for we do not know the things which we should pray for as it behooves, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession with inexpressible groanings.
27 And the One searching hearts knows what is the mindset of the Spirit, because He intercedes for the saints according to God. God Works In All Things
Chapter 9 Paul's Concern for the Jews
1 I speak the truth in Christ. I am not lying. My conscience testifies for me in the Holy Spirit
3 For I could wish myself to be a curse, separated from Christ for my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh,
5 whose are the patriarchs; and from whom is Christ according to the flesh, being God over all, blessed to the ages. Amen. God's Sovereign Choice
8 That is, the children of the flesh, these are not children of God; but the children of the promise are regarded as offspring.
Chapter 10 The Word Brings Salvation
Chapter 11 The Remnant of Israel
8 as it has been written: “God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes not to see, and ears not to hear, unto this very day.”d
14 if at all I shall provoke to jealousy my own flesh, and shall save some of them.
Chapter 12 Living Sacrifices
4 For just as in one body we have many members, and not all the members have the same function,
5 so we, the many, are one body in Christ; and individually members one of another.
11 not lagging in diligence, being fervent in spirit, serving the Lord,
Chapter 13 Submission to Authorities
1 Let every soul be subject to the authorities being above him. For there is no authority except by God; but those existing are having been instituted by God.
14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the desires of the flesh.
Chapter 14 The Law of Liberty
17 For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Chapter 15 Accept One Another
13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, for you to abound in hope in the power of the Holy Spirit. Paul the Minister to the Gentiles
16 for me to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, administering the sacred service of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles might become acceptable, having been sanctified in the Holy Spirit.
19 in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit of God, so as for me, from Jerusalem and around unto Illyricum, to have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ,
27 For they were pleased, and they are debtors of them. For if the Gentiles have shared in their spiritual things, they ought also to minister to them in the material things.
30 Now I exhort you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in the prayers for me to God,
Chapter 16 Personal Greetings and Love

BOOK OF 1 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul
26 For consider your calling, brothers, that not many were wise according to the flesh, not many powerful, not many of noble birth.
29 so that all flesh may not boast before God.
Chapter 2 Paul's Message by the Spirit's Power
4 And my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 so that your faith might not be in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. Spiritual Wisdom
10 For God has revealed it to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.
11 For who among men knows the things of the man, except the spirit of the man within him? So also, no one knows the things of God, except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, that we may know the things having been granted to us by God,
13 which also we speak, not in words taught of human wisdom, but in those taught of the Spirit, communicating spiritual things by spiritual means.
14 But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to understand them, because spiritually they are discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, but he himself is judged by no one.
Chapter 3 God's Fellow Workers
1 And I, brothers, was not able to speak to you as to spiritual, but as fleshly—as to infants in Christ.
3 for you are still fleshly. For where jealousy and strife are among you, are you not fleshly, and are walking according to man?
4 For when one might say, “I indeed am of Paul,” but another, “I of Apollos,” are you not fleshly?
16 Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple, and the Spirit of God dwells in you?
Chapter 4 Servants of Christ
21 What do you desire? Should I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness?
Chapter 5 Immorality Rebuked
3 For I, though being absent in body, now being present in spirit, have already judged the one having thus produced this, as being present,
4 in the name our Lord Jesus, of you having been gathered together and of me in spirit, with the power of the Lord Jesus,
5 to deliver such a one to Satan for destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.a
Chapter 6 Lawsuits among Believers
11 And some of you were such. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
13 “Foods for the belly and the belly for foods,” but God will destroy both this and these. Now the body is not for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
16 Or do you not know that the one being joined to the prostitute is one body? For it says, “The two will become into one flesh.”a
17 But the one being joined to the Lord is one spirit. The Temple of the Holy Spirit
18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin, whatever if a man might do, is outside the body, but the one sinning sexually sins against the own body.
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit in you, whom you have from God? And you are not your own,
20 for you were bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body.b
Chapter 7 Principles of Marriage
4 The wife does not have authority over the own body, but the husband; and likewise also, the husband does not have authority over the own body, but the wife.
28 But if also you shall have married, you did not sin; and if the virgin shall have married, she did not sin. But such will have tribulation in the flesh, and I am sparing you.
34 and is divided. And the unmarried woman and virgin cares for the things of the Lord, that she should be holy both in body and in spirit; but the one having been married cares for the things of the world, how she should please the husband.
40 But she is more blessed if she should remain in the same manner, according to my judgment; and I think myself also to have the Spirit of God.
Chapter 8 Food Sacrificed to Idols
Chapter 9 The Rights of an Apostle
11 If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it a great thing if we will reap material things from you?
27 But I batter my body and bring it into servitude, lest having preached to others, I myself might be disqualified.
Chapter 10 Warnings from Israel's Past
3 and all ate the same spiritual food,
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they were drinking from the spiritual rock accompanying them, and the rock was Christ.
16 Is not the cup of blessing that we bless a participation in the blood of Christ? Is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ?
17 Because there is one loaf, we the many are one body; for we all partake of the one loaf.
18 Consider Israel according to flesh: Are not those eating the sacrifices fellow partakers in the altar?
Chapter 11 Roles in Worship
24 and having given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you;a do this in remembrance of Me.”
27 Therefore whoever should eat the bread or should drink the cup of the Lord unworthily will be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord.
29 For the one eating and drinking not discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself.
Chapter 12 Spiritual Gifts
1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant.
3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking in the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed,” and no one is able to say, “Jesus is Lord,” if not in the Holy Spirit.
4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit;
7 Now to each is given the manifestation of the Spirit, for the common profiting.
8 For truly, to one is given a word of wisdom by the Spirit, and to another a word of knowledge according to the same Spirit,
9 and to a different one faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
10 and to another working of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another distinguishing of spirits, and to a different one various kinds of tongues, and to another interpretation of tongues.
11 Now one and the same the Spirit works all these things, apportioning individually to each as He wills. The Body of Christ
12 For just as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of the body being many are one body, so also is Christ.
13 For also in one Spirit we all were baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink one Spirit.
14 For also the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” not on account of this is it not of the body.
16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” not on account of this is it not of the body.
17 If all the body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If all were hearing, where would be the sense of smell?
18 But now God has arranged the members, each one of them in the body, as He desired.
19 And if all were one member, where would be the body?
20 But now indeed, there are many members, but one body.
22 But much rather, those members of the body seeming to be weaker are necessary,
23 and those of the body we think to be less honorable, these we bestow more abundant honor. And our unpresentable parts have more abundant decorum,
24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God has composed the body, having given more abundant honor to the parts being deficient,
25 that there should be no division in the body, but the members should have the same concern for one another.
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
Chapter 13 Love
3 And if I may give away all my possessions, and I may deliver up my body that I may boast,a but have not love, I am profited nothing.
Chapter 14 Prophecy and Tongues
1 Earnestly pursue love, and earnestly desire spiritual gifts, and especially that you might prophesy.
2 For the one speaking in a tongue speaks not to men, but to God. For no one hears, but in the Spirit he utters mysteries.
12 So also you, since you are zealous of spiritual gifts, search for the edification of the church, that you should cause it to abound.
14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.
15 What then is it? I will pray with the spirit, but also I will pray with the mind. I will sing praise with the spirit, but also I will sing praise with the mind.
16 Otherwise if you bless with the spirit, how will the one filling the place of the uninstructed say the “Amen” at your thanksgiving, since he knows not what you say?
32 And the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets.
37 If anyone considers himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things I write to you are the commands of the Lord.
Chapter 15 The Resurrection of Christ
34 Sober up righteously and do not sin, for some have ignorance of God. I speak to your shame. The Resurrection Body
35 But someone will say, “How are the dead raised? And with what body do they come?”
37 And what you sow is not the body that will be, but you sow a bare grain, if it may be of wheat, or of some of the rest.
38 But God gives it a body as He has willed, and to each of the seeds, its own body.
39 Not all flesh is the same, but indeed one flesh is of men, and another flesh is of beasts, and another flesh is of birds, and another is of fish.
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual.
45 So also it has been written: “The first man Adam became into a living soul; ”e the last Adam into a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual was not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
50 Now I say this, brothers, that flesh and blood is not able to inherit the kingdom of God, nor does decay inherit immortality.
Chapter 16 The Collection for the Saints
18 For they refreshed my spirit and yours. Therefore recognize such as these. Final Greetings

BOOK OF 2 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Paul Greets the Corinthians
12 For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and more abundantly toward you, in the purity and sincerity of God, and not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God.
17 Thus purposing, therefore then, did I use lightness? Or do I purpose what I purpose according to flesh, so that with me there should be “Yes, yes” and “No, no”?
22 the One also having sealed us and having given the pledge of the Spirit in our hearts.
23 But I call God as witness upon my soul, that sparing you, I have not yet come to Corinth.
Chapter 2 Reaffirm Your Love
13 I had no rest in my spirit, in my not finding Titus my brother. Instead, having taken leave of them, I went out to Macedonia.
Chapter 3 Ministers of a New Covenant
3 being revealed that you are a letter of Christ, having been ministered to by us, having been inscribed not in ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.
6 who also has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. The Glory of the New Covenant
8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more in glory?
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
18 And we all having been unveiled in face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.
Chapter 4 The Light of the Gospel
10 always carrying around the death of Jesus in our body, so that the life of Jesus also should be manifested in our body.
11 For we the living are always being delivered to death on account of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our mortal flesh.
13 But having the same spirit of faith according to that having been written: “I believed, therefore I have spoken,”c we also believe and therefore speak,
Chapter 5 Our Eternal Dwelling
5 Now the One having prepared us for this very purpose is God, having given to us the pledge of the Spirit,
6 always being confident, then, and knowing that, being at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord.
8 Now we are confident and are pleased rather to be absent out of the body, and to be at home with the Lord.
10 For we must all be revealed before the judgment seat of Christ, that each may receive back the things done through the body according to what he did, whether good or evil. Ambassadors for Christ
16 Therefore from now, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have regarded Christ according to flesh, yet now we regard Him thus no longer.
Chapter 6 Paul's Hardships and God's Grace
6 in purity, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness; in the Holy Spirit, in genuine love;
Chapter 7 Paul's Joy in the Corinthians
1 Therefore having these promises, beloved, we should cleanse ourselves from every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
5 And indeed, of us having come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest; but we are being pressed in every way: conflicts on the outside, fears within.
13 On account of this, we have been comforted. And besides our comfort, we have rejoiced the more abundantly rather at the joy of Titus, because his spirit has been refreshed by all of you.
Chapter 8 Generosity Commended
Chapter 9 God Loves a Cheerful Giver
Chapter 10 Paul's Apostolic Authority
2 Now I implore you that being present, I need not to be bold with the confidence with which I reckon to be daring toward some reckoning us as walking according to flesh.
3 For walking in flesh, we do not wage war according to flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but divinely powerful toward the demolition of strongholds,
10 For they say, “The letters indeed are weighty and strong, but the presence of the body is weak, and the speech having been ignored.”
Chapter 11 Paul and the False Apostles
4 For if indeed the one coming proclaims another Jesus whom we did not proclaim, or you receive a different spirit whom you did not receive, or a different gospel which you did not accept, you are bearing with it well.
18 Since many boast according to the flesh, I also will boast.
Chapter 12 Paul's Revelation
2 I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago—whether in the body, I do not know, or out of the body, I do not know; God knows—such a man, having been caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body, I do not know; God knows—
7 and the surpassingness of the revelations. Therefore, that I should not become conceited, a thorn in my flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan, that he might buffet me, so that I should not become conceited.
15 Now I will spend most gladly, and will be utterly spent, for your souls. If loving you more abundantly, am I loved less?
18 I urged Titus to go, and sent with him our brother. Did Titus exploit you? Did we not walk in the same spirit? Not in the same steps?
Chapter 13 Examine Yourselves
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you.c

BOOK OF Galatians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Galatians
16 to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I consulted not immediately with flesh and blood,
Chapter 2 The Council at Jerusalem
16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by works of law, except through faith from Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith from Christ, and not by works of the Law, because by works of the Law not any flesh will be justified.
20 I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And that which I now live in the flesh, I live through faith from the Son of God, the One having loved me and having given up Himself for me.
Chapter 3 Faith and Belief
2 I wish only to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the Law or by hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being perfected in the flesh?
5 Therefore, the One supplying to you the Spirit and working miracles among you, is it out of works of the Law, or out of hearing of faith?
14 so that the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, so that through faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. The Purpose of the Law
Chapter 4 Sons and Heirs
6 And because you are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”
13 Now you know that in weakness of the flesh I proclaimed the gospel the first time to you.
14 And of your test in my flesh, you did not despise me nor reject me with contempt, but you received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.
23 But indeed, the one of the slave woman has been born according to flesh, but the one of the free, through the promise,
29 But just as at that time the one having been born according to flesh was persecuting the one born according to Spirit, so also it is now.
Chapter 5 Freedom in Christ
5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we eagerly await the hope of righteousness.
13 For you brothers were called to freedom, but not the freedom for an opportunity to the flesh. Rather, serve one another through love.
15 But if you bite and devour one another, take heed, lest you might be consumed by one another. Living by the Spirit
16 Now I say, walk by the Spirit, and you should not gratify the desires of the flesh.
17 For the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another in order that you should not do those things you might wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
24 Now those of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, we should also walk by the Spirit.
Chapter 6 Carry One Another's Burdens
1 Brothers, even if a man should be caught in some trespass, you the spiritual ones restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself, lest you also be tempted.
8 For the one sowing to his own flesh, from the flesh will reap decay. But the one sowing to the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
12 As many as desire to have a fair appearance in the flesh, these compel you to be circumcised, only that they might not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.
13 For not even those being circumcised keep the Law themselves, but they desire you to be circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.
17 Henceforth, let no one give to me troubles, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.
18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen.

BOOK OF Ephesians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Ephesians
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Spiritual Blessings
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the One having blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms,
13 in whom you also, having heard the word of truth, the gospel your of salvation, in whom also having believed you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance to the redemption of the acquired possession, to the praise of His glory. Spiritual Wisdom
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
23 which is His body, the fullness of the One filling all in all.
Chapter 2 Alive with Christ
2 in which once you walked according to the age of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit now working in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom we all also once lived in the desires of our flesh, doing the things willed of the flesh and of its thoughts; and we were by nature children of wrath even as the rest.
11 Therefore remember that formerly you—the Gentiles in the flesh, the ones being called the uncircumcision by that being called the circumcision, made by hands in the flesh
15 having annulled in His flesh the law of commandments in ordinances, so that He might create in Himself the two into one new man, making peace,
16 and He might reconcile both to God in one body through the cross, by it having slain the hostility.
18 For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. A Temple in the Lord
22 in whom you also are being built together for a habitation of God in the Spirit.
Chapter 3 The Mystery of the Gospel
5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as now it has been revealed in the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets,
6 that the Gentiles are joint-heirs, and a joint-body, and joint-partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus, through the gospel,
16 that He might give you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power by His Spirit in the inner man,
Chapter 4 Unity in the Body
3 being diligent to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace;
4 one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called into one hope of your calling;
12 toward the perfecting of the saints for the work of ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ,
16 from whom the whole body, being joined together and being held together by every ligament of its supply, according to the working in the measure of each individual part, the increase of the body makes for itself, to the building up of itself in love. New Life in Christ
23 and to be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Chapter 5 Imitators of God
18 and not to be drunk with wine in which is debauchery. Instead be filled with the Spirit,
19 speaking to each other in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,
23 for the husband is head of the wife as also Christ is the head of the church, He Himself Savior of the body.
29 For no one at any time hated his flesh. But he nourishes and cherishes it just as Christ also does the church.
30 For we are members of His body.a
31 “Because of this, a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will be into one flesh.”b
Chapter 6 Children and Parents
12 because to us the wrestling is not against blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,
18 through all prayer and supplication, praying in the Spirit in every season and unto this very thing, watching with all perseverance and supplication for all saints,

BOOK OF Philippians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul and Timothy
19 for I know that through your prayer and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, this will turn out for me to deliverance,
20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that I will be ashamed in nothing, but in all boldness also now as always, Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. To Live is Christ
22 But if I am to live in flesh, this is the fruit of labor for me. And what shall I choose? I do not know.
24 but to remain in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.
27 Only conduct yourselves worthily of the gospel of Christ, so that, whether having come and having seen you, or being absent, I might hear the things concerning you, that you are standing firm in one spirit, striving together with one mind for the faith of the gospel,
Chapter 2 One in Christ
1 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affections and compassions,
2 fulfill my joy so that you may be of the same mind, having the same love, united in soul, minding the same thing,
Chapter 3 Righteousness through Faith
3 For we are the circumcision, those worshiping in the Spirit of God, and glorying in Christ Jesus, and not trusting in the flesh
4 though I have confidence even in the flesh. If any other thinks to trust in the flesh, I more:
21 who will transform our body of humiliation, conformed to the body of His glory, according to the working enabling Him even to subdue all things to Himself.
Chapter 4 Stand Firm in the Lord
23 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.a

BOOK OF Colossians
8 the one also having made known to us your love in the Spirit.
9 Because of this also, we from the day we heard, do not cease praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding
18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, firstborn out from the dead, so that He might be holding preeminence in all things,
22 but now He has reconciled in His body of flesh through death, to present you holy and unblemished and blameless before Him,
24 Now I rejoice in the sufferings for you, and I am filling up in my flesh that which is lacking of the tribulations of Christ for His body, which is the church,
Chapter 2 Absent in Body, Present in Spirit
1 For I want you to know how great a struggle I am having for you, and those in Laodicea, and as many as have not seen my face in the flesh,
5 Truly indeed, if I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing and seeing your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ. Alive in Christ
11 in whom also you were circumcised with the circumcision made without hands in the removal of the body of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ,
13 And you being dead in the trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,
17 which are a shadow the things coming. But the body is of Christ.
18 Let no one disqualify you, delighting in humility and the worship of the angels, detailing what he has seen, being puffed up vainly by his mind of the flesh,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the whole body, being supplied and being knit together by the joints and ligaments, increases with the increase of God.
23 which having indeed an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed worship and humility and harsh treatment of the body, are not of any value against the indulgence of the flesh.
Chapter 3 Putting on the New Self
15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body. And be thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing each other in all wisdom, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with grace in your hearts to God.
23 Whatever you might do, work from the soul, as to the Lord and not to men,
Chapter 4 Fellow Workers

BOOK OF 1 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
5 because our gospel came to you not in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit, and with much full assurance, just as you know what we were among you on account of you.
6 And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation, with the joy of the Holy Spirit,
Chapter 2 Paul's Ministry
Chapter 3 Timothy's Visit
Chapter 4 Living to Please God
8 So then, the one rejecting this does not disregard man but God, the One also giving His Holy Spirit to you.
Chapter 5 The Day of the Lord
19 Do not quench the Spirit.
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved, entirely blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

BOOK OF 2 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
Chapter 2 The Man of Lawlessness
2 for you not quickly to be shaken in mind, nor to be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as if by us, as that day of the Lord is present.
13 But we ought to give thanks to God always concerning you, brothers beloved by the Lord, that God has chosen you from the beginninga unto salvation in the sanctification of the Spirit, and by faith of the truth;
Chapter 3 Request for Prayer

BOOK OF 1 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
Chapter 2 A Call to Prayer
Chapter 3 Qualifications for Overseers
16 And confessedly, great is the mystery of godliness: Who was revealed in the flesh, was justified in the Spirit,b was seen by angels, was proclaimed among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.
Chapter 4 Warnings against False Teachers
1 But the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
Chapter 5 Guidelines for Reproof
Chapter 6 Instructions to Servants

BOOK OF 2 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
7 For God has not given us a spirit of cowardice, but of power, and of love, and of self-control.
14 Keep the good deposit entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit, the One dwelling in us.
Chapter 2 Grace and Perseverance
Chapter 3 Evil in the Last Days
Chapter 4 Preach the Word
22 The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you all.b

BOOK OF Titus
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Titus
Chapter 2 Teaching Sound Doctrine
Chapter 3 Obedience to Authorities
5 He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

BOOK OF Philemon
16 no longer as a slave, but above a slave, a beloved brother, especially to me, but how much more to you, both in the flesh and in the Lord.
25 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.b

BOOK OF Hebrews
Chapter 1 The Supremacy of the Son
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, being sent forth for service for the sake of those being about to inherit salvation?
Chapter 2 Salvation Confirmed
4 God bearing witness with them both by signs and wonders, and by various miracles and distributions of the Holy Spirit, according to His will. Jesus Like His Brothers
14 Therefore, since the children have partaken of blood and of flesh, He also likewise took part in the same things, so that through His death He might destroy the one holding the power of death, that is, the devil,
Chapter 3 Jesus Our Apostle and High Priest
7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says: “Today if you should hear His voice,
Chapter 4 The Sabbath Rest
12 For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even as far as the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrows, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Chapter 5 The Perfect High Priest
7 He in the days of His flesh, having offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One being able to save Him from death, and having been heard because of reverent submission,
Chapter 6 A Call to Maturity
4 For it is impossible for those once having been enlightened, and having tasted of the heavenly gift, and having become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
19 which we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and unshakable and entering into that within the veil,
Chapter 7 Melchizedek and Abraham
16 who has been constituted not according to a law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an indestructible life.
Chapter 8 Christ's Eternal Priesthood
Chapter 9 The Earthly Tabernacle
8 By this the Holy Spirit was signifying that the way into the holy places has not yet been made manifest, the first tabernacle still having a standing,
10 consisting only in foods and drinks and various washings—ordinances of the flesh being imposed until the time of reformation. Redemption through His Blood
13 For if the blood of goats and of bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those having been defiled sanctify them for the purification of the flesh,
14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify ourb conscience from dead works, in order to serve the living God!
Chapter 10 Christ's Perfect Sacrifice
5 Therefore coming into the world, He says: “Sacrifice and offering You have not desired, but a body You have prepared me.
10 By that will, we are having been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after having said before:
20 by a new and living way, which He dedicated for us through the veil that is His flesh,
22 we should draw near with a sincere heart, in full assurance of faith, our hearts having been sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our body having been washed with pure water.
29 How much worse punishment do you think will he deserve, the one having trampled upon the Son of God, and having esteemed ordinary the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and having insulted the Spirit of grace?
38 But My righteous onef will live by faith; and if he might shrink back, My soul does not take pleasure in him.”g
39 But we are not of those drawing back to destruction, but of faith to the preserving of the soul.
Chapter 11 Faith and Assurance
Chapter 12 The Call to Endurance
3 For consider fully the One having endured such great hostility from sinners against Himself, so that you shall not grow weary, fainting in your souls. God Disciplines His Sons
9 Furthermore indeed, we have had fathers of our flesh, correctors, and we respected them; and shall we not much more be in subjection to the Father of spirits and shall live?
23 and to the assembly, to the church of the firstborn having been enrolled in the heavens, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous having been perfected,
Chapter 13 Love for Brothers
3 Remember prisoners as being bound with them; those being mistreated as yourselves also being in the body.
17 Obey you those leading and be submissive—for they watch over your souls, as about to give account—so that they may do this with joy and not groaning, for this is unprofitable for you.

BOOK OF James
Chapter 1 Greetings from James
21 Therefore, having put aside all filthiness and abounding of wickedness, receive in humility the implanted word, being able to save your souls.
Chapter 2 A Warning against Favoritism
16 and anyone out from you says to them, “Go in peace; be warmed and be filled,” but does not give to them the needful things for the body, what is the profit?
26 For just as the body apart from spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.
Chapter 3 Taming the Tongue
2 For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, this one is a perfect man, able indeed to bridle the whole body.
3 Now if we put bits into the mouths of the horses for them to obey us, we turn about even their whole body.
6 The tongue also is a fire, the world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, defiling all the body, and setting on fire the course of nature, and itself being set on fire by Gehenna.
15 This is not the wisdom coming down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.
Chapter 4 Warning against Pride
5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit that He has made to dwell in us yearns with envy”?
Chapter 5 Warning to the Rich
3 Your gold and silver have corroded, and their rust will be for a testimony against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have treasured up in the last days.
20 let him know that the one having brought back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death, and will cover over a multitude of sins.

60,000 character limit, continued in next Reply
Last edited by mlinssen on Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
mlinssen

Re: 'body, flesh, soul, spirit' in all of the NT - 1 & 2 Peter and the remainder of the NT

Post by mlinssen »

Berean Literal Bible - 1 & 2 Peter and the remainder of the NT

BOOK OF 1 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctification of the Spirit unto the obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. A Living Hope
9 receiving the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
11 inquiring into what or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ in them was signifying, testifying beforehand of the sufferings of Christ and the glories after these,
12 to whom it was revealed that they were serving not themselves, but you, in those things which now have been proclaimed to you by those having proclaimed the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit having been sent from heaven, into which angels desire to look. A Call to Holiness
22 Having purified your souls in obedience to the truth unto sincere brotherly love, love one another fervently, out of a pure heart,b
24 because, “All flesh is like grass, and all the glory of it like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls away,
Chapter 2 The Lord is Good
5 you yourselves also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house into a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
11 Beloved, I exhort you as aliens and sojourners, to abstain from fleshly desires, which war against the soul,
24 Who Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that, having been dead to sins, we might live to righteousness. “By whose scourge marks you have been healed.”e
25 For you were like sheep going astray,f but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
Chapter 3 Wives and Husbands
4 but the hidden man of the heart, in the imperishable of the gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth before God.
18 because Christ also sufferedd once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, so that He might bring you to God, having been put to death indeed in the flesh, but having been made alive in the spirit,
19 in which also having gone, He preached to the spirits in prison
20 at one time having disobeyed, when the longsuffering of God was waiting in the days of Noah, of the ark being prepared, in which a few—that is, eight souls—were saved through water,
21 which also prefigures the baptism now saving you, not a putting away of the filth of flesh, but the demand of a good conscience toward God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Chapter 4 Living for God's Glory
1 Therefore Christ having suffereda in the flesh, you also arm yourselves with the same mind, because the one having suffered in the flesh is done with sin,
2 so as to live the remaining time in the flesh no longer to men’s desires, but to the will of God.
6 For to this end the gospel was proclaimed even to the dead, so that they might be judged indeed according to men in the flesh, but they might live in the spirit according to God.
14 If you are insulted in the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.b
19 Therefore also, those suffering according to the will of God, let them commit their souls to the faithful Creator in well-doing.
Chapter 5 Instructions to Elders

BOOK OF 2 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
21 For no prophecy at any time was brought by the will of man, but men spoke from God, being carried by the Holy Spirit.
Chapter 2 Deliverance from False Prophets
7 and He rescued righteous Lot, being distressed by the conduct in sensuality of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man dwelling, among them, day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul, through seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)—
10 and especially those walking after the flesh in the passion of defilement and despising authority. Bold, self-willed, they do not tremble blaspheming glorious ones,
14 having eyes full of adultery, and unceasing from sin; enticing unestablished souls; having a heart having been exercised in craving—children of a curse!
18 For speaking arrogant words of vanity, they entice to sensuality with the passions of the flesh those barely escaping from those living in error,
Chapter 3 The Coming Judgment

BOOK OF 1 John
Chapter 1 The Word of Life
Chapter 2 Jesus Our Advocate
16 because all that is in the world, the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the vaunting of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
Chapter 3 Children of God
24 And the one keeping His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us: by the Spirit whom He has given to us.
Chapter 4 Testing the Spirits
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses Jesus Christ having come in the flesh is of God,
3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesusa is not of God, and this is that of the antichrist, which you heard that is coming, and now is already in the world.
6 We are of God. The one knowing God listens to us. He who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spiritb of truth and the spirit of falsehood. Love Comes from God
13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us: because He has given to us from out of His Spirit.
Chapter 5 Overcoming the World
6 This is the One having come by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and by blood. And the Spirit is the One testifying, because the Spirit is the truth.
8 the Spirit and the water and the blood—and these are three in one. God's Testimony about His Son
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols.d

BOOK OF 2 John
Chapter 1 Greeting from the Elder
7 For many deceivers have entered into the world, those not confessing Jesus Christ coming in flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

BOOK OF 3 John
Chapter 1 Greeting to Gaius from the Elder
2 Beloved, I pray you to prosper concerning all things and to be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

BOOK OF Jude
Chapter 1 Greetings from Jude
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, having indulged in sexual immorality and having gone after strange flesh, in like manner with them are set forth as an example, undergoing the penalty of eternal fire.
8 Yet likewise also these dreaming ones indeed defile the flesh, and set aside authority, and blaspheme glorious ones.
9 But Michael the archangel, when he was reasoning with the devil, disputing about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring against him a blasphemous judgment, but he said “The Lord rebuke you.”b
19 These are those causing divisions, worldly-minded, not having the Spirit.
20 But you, beloved, building up yourselves in your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
23 and save others, snatching them out of the fire; and show mercy to others with fear, hating even the clothing having been stained by the flesh. Doxology

BOOK OF Revelation
Chapter 1 Prologue
4 John, To the seven churches in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him being and who was and who is coming, and from the seven Spiritsa before His throne,
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, like that of a trumpet,
Chapter 2 To the Church in Ephesus
7 The one having an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one overcoming, I will give to him to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. To the Church in Smyrna
11 The one having an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one overcoming shall not be injured by the second death. To the Church in Pergamum
17 The one having an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one overcoming, I will give to him the manna having been hidden, and I will give to him a white stone, and on the stone new a name having been written, which no one has known, except the one receiving it. To the Church in Thyatira
29 The one having an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
Chapter 3 To the Church in Sardis
1 And to the messenger of the church in Sardis write: These things says the One having the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds, that you have the characterization that you are alive, and yet you are dead.
6 The one having an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the Church in Philadelphia
13 The one having an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the Church in Laodicea
22 The one having an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
Chapter 4 The Throne in Heaven
2 Immediately I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sitting upon the throne,
5 And out of the throne come flashes of lightning, and voices, and thunderings. And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Chapter 5 The Scroll with Seven Seals
6 And I saw in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, a Lamb standing as having been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God having been sent out into all the earth.
Chapter 6 The First Seal: The White Horse
9 And when He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those having been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had upheld.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 The Seventh Seal
Chapter 9 The Fifth Trumpet
Chapter 10 The Angel and the Small Scroll
Chapter 11 The Two Witnesses
8 And their body will be upon the street of the great city, which is called spiritually Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
11 And after the three and a half days, the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon those beholding them.
Chapter 12 The Woman and the Dragon
Chapter 13 The Beast from the Sea
Chapter 14 The Lamb and the 144,000
13 And I heard a voice out of heaven, saying “Write, ‘Blessed are the dead dying in the Lord from now on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “so that they will rest from their labors; for their works follow with them.” The Harvest of the Earth
Chapter 15 The Song of Moses and the Lamb
Chapter 16 The First Six Bowls of Wrath
3 And the second poured out his bowl into the sea, and it became blood, as of one dead; and every living soul that was in the sea died.
13 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits, like frogs;
14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go forth to the kings of the whole inhabited world, to gather them together unto the battle of the great day of God the Almighty.
Chapter 17 The Woman on the Beast
3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet beast being full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
16 And the ten horns that you saw, and the beast, these will hate the prostitute, and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh, and will burn her with fire.
Chapter 18 Babylon is Fallen
2 And he cried out in a mighty voice, saying: “Fallen, Fallen is Babylon the great!a And she has become a habitation of demons, and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean bird, and a prison of every unclean creatureb also having been hated.
13 and cinnamon, and spice, and incense, and myrrh, and frankincense; and wine, and oil, and finest flour, and wheat; and cattle, and sheep, and of horses, and of chariots; and of slaves and souls of men.
14 “And the ripe fruits of the desire of your soul are departed from you, and all the sumptuous things and the splendid things have departed from you, and they will not find them any longer.”
Chapter 19 Rejoicing in Heaven
10 And I fell before his feet to worship to him. And he says to me, “See that you not do this. I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers, holding the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” The Rider on the White Horse
18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of commanders, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of horses and of those sitting on them, and the flesh of all, both free and slaves, and small and great.”
21 And the rest were killed with the sword of the One sitting on the horse having gone forth out of his mouth. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.
Chapter 20 Satan Bound
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those having been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who did not worship the beast, nor his image, and did not take the mark upon the forehead, and upon their hand. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Chapter 21 A New Heaven and a New Earth
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and he showed me the holy city Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Chapter 22 The River of Life
6 And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show His servants the things that must come to pass in quickness.”
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And the one hearing, let him say, “Come!” And the one thirsting let him come; the one desiring, let him take freely the water of life. Nothing May Be Added

Done!
Last edited by mlinssen on Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
gryan

Re: 'body, flesh, soul, spirit' in all of the NT - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts

Post by gryan »

Of particular interest for me: These three usages of the phrase "flesh and blood."

BOOK OF 1 Corinthians
Chapter 15 The Resurrection of Christ
35 But someone will say, “How are the dead raised? And with what body do they come?”
37 And what you sow is not the body that will be, but you sow a bare grain, if it may be of wheat, or of some of the rest.
38 But God gives it a body as He has willed, and to each of the seeds, its own body.
39 Not all flesh is the same, but indeed one flesh is of men, and another flesh is of beasts, and another flesh is of birds, and another is of fish.
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual.
45 So also it has been written: “The first man Adam became into a living soul; ”e the last Adam into a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual was not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
50 Now I say this, brothers, that flesh and blood is not able to inherit the kingdom of God, nor does decay inherit immortality.

BOOK OF Galatians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Galatians
16 to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I consulted not immediately with flesh and blood,

BOOK OF Matthew
Chapter 16 The Demand for a Sign
17 And Jesus answering, said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona! For flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in the heavens.

I think these three are connected. I think Paul might well have consulted in the sphere of "flesh and blood" when he encountered "James" in his status as "the Lord's brother" ie flesh-and-blood brother. I further think that James might have said something to Paul to confirm that he did not receive his Gospel from a human source--something to the effect of "flesh and blood did not reveal that to you, but My Father in heaven." And I think the sense of "flesh and blood" being perishable--not eternal--is echoed in Gal 6:8, "The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap perishability; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." I think that this is not a flesh/spirit divide in the moral sense of vice vs virtue, but rather, I see it as a wisdom saying having to do with where one puts one's life energy: physical family vs spiritual family.

I think Paul saw James, the brother of the Lord as part of the physical family of Jesus, and also as part of his spiritual family. He had harsh words for those unnamed men "from James," nevertheless, I think he valued James as another mortal suffering person, who was probably relatively "poor," and who was a flesh and blood saint.
mlinssen

Re: 'body, flesh, soul, spirit' in all of the NT - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts

Post by mlinssen »

I have now underlined every chapter, that makes it a lot more legible