Zebedee = Saphat

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Zebedee = Saphat

Post by Giuseppe »

According to mainstream, clericofascist exegesis, zebedaeus, greek zebedaios, was the father of apostles james anf john. I contend that james and john were brothers of jesus and sons of hanan the hidden and that this overwrite zebedaios never existed at all. Mainstreamers interpret zebedaios as deriving from hebrew zabdi gift.
But I-century jewish historian josephus flavius in his books bellum judaicum and vita, mentions several times a jesus son of a guy that josephus´manuscripts read variously as SAPPHO ; SAPPHAN ; SAPPHIA ; SAPHAT ; SAPITHA.
Now especially the last 2 variants are near-identical to ZEBED- IN ZEBEDAIOS. Look :
SAPHAT
ZEB ED
SAP ITH

In semitic languages what counts are the consonants - vowels change around a lot. Therefore ZEBED in zebedaios, the father of james and john, is virtually equivalent to SAPHAT AND SAPITH, the father of a jesus who fights bitterly against the romans and proroman jews in the first war of 66-73 ce.
I contend that this jesus son of or bar in aramaic,sapphan/sapphia/saphat/sapith is identical with jesus the son of mary and brother of james and john, and that zebedaios is identical with all these variants for jesus´father in historian josephus´manuscripts.

https://nantes.indymedia.org/articles/39885

Hence, Jesus is going to call his same brothers James and John.
Giuseppe

Re: Zebedee = Saphat

Post by Giuseppe »

the same midrash from OT requires the identity Zebedee == Saphat.

And Elias departing from thence, found Eliseus the son of Saphat, ploughing with twelve yoke of oxen: and he was one of them that were ploughing with twelve yoke of oxen: and when Elias came up to him, he cast his mantle upon him. And he forthwith left the oxen and ran after Elias, and said: Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow thee. And he said to him: Go, and return back: for that which was my part, I have done to thee. And returning back from him, he took a yoke of oxen, and killed them, and boiled the flesh with the plough of the oxen, and gave to the people, and they ate: and rising up he went away, and followed Elias, and ministered to him.

(1 Kings 19: 19-21 Douay-Rheims Bible)