Disciple / follower / apostle etc in all of the NT - Synoptics

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

Disciple / follower / apostle etc in all of the NT - Synoptics

Post by mlinssen »

This is part of the series "all of the NT": search.php?keywords=All+of+the+nt&terms ... mit=Search

Disciple / follower / apostle etc in all of the NT - Matthew through John

One way to look for progression in development of ideas (in order to establishment priority / order) is to follow the evolution of certain concepts

Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact), of every verse with the word: disciple, follower, apostle.
Hint: follower isn't present

BOOK OF Matthew
Chapter 1 The Genealogy of Jesus
Chapter 2 The Pilgrimage of the Magi
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
17 From that time Jesus began to proclaim and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near!” The First disciples
Chapter 5 The Sermon on the Mount
1 And having seen the crowds, He went up on the mountain. And He having sat down, His disciples came to Him,
Chapter 6 Giving to the Needy
Chapter 7 Do Not Judge
Chapter 8 The Leper's Prayer
17 so that it might be fulfilled that having been spoken through the prophet Isaiah, saying, “He Himself took our infirmities, and bore our diseases.”b The Cost of discipleship
21 And another of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, allow me first to go and to bury my father.”
23 And He having entered into the boat, His disciples followed Him.
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
10 And it came to pass, of Him reclining in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners having come, were reclining with Jesus and His disciples.
11 And having seen it, the Pharisees said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with the tax collectors and sinners?”
14 Then the disciples of John come to Him saying, “Why do we and the Pharisees often fast, but Your disciples do not fast?”
19 And having arisen, Jesus followed him, also His disciples.
37 Then He says to His disciples, “The harvest indeed is plentiful, but the workmen are few.
Chapter 10 The Twelve apostles
1 And having summoned His twelve disciples, He gave to them authority over unclean spirits, so as to cast them out and to heal every disease and every sickness.
2 And these are the names of the twelve apostles: first Simon called Peter, and his brother Andrew; and James the son of Zebedee, and his brother John;
24 A disciple is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master.
25 It is sufficient for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If the master of the house they called Beelzebul, how much more those of his household! Fear God Alone
42 And whoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, truly I say to you, he shall certainly not lose his reward.”
Chapter 11 John's Inquiry
1 And it came to pass when Jesus had finished commanding His twelve disciples, He departed from there to teach and to preach in their cities.
2 And John, having heard in prison the works of the Christ, having sent two of his disciples,
Chapter 12 The Lord of the Sabbath
1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbaths, and His disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck the heads of grain and to eat them.
2 And the Pharisees, having seen, said to Him, “Behold, Your disciples are doing what it is not lawful to do on Sabbath.”
49 And having stretched out His hand to His disciples, He said, “Behold, My mother and My brothers.
Chapter 13 The Parable of the Sower
10 And the disciples having approached, said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
36 Then having dismissed the crowds, He went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.”
52 And He said to them, “Because of this, every scribe having been discipled into the kingdom of the heavens is like a man, a master of a house, who puts forth out of his treasure new and old.” The Rejection at Nazareth
Chapter 14 The Beheading of John
12 And his disciples having come, took the body and buried it, and having come, they told Jesus. The Feeding of the Five Thousand
15 And evening having come, the disciples came to Him saying, “This place is desolate, and the time already is gone by. Therefore dismiss the crowds, that having gone into the villages, they might buy food for themselves.”
19 And having commanded the crowds to sit down on the grass, having taken the five loaves and the two fish, having looked up to heaven, He spoke a blessing. And having broken, He gave the loaves to the disciples, and the disciples to the crowds.
22 And immediately He compelled the disciples to enter into the boat and to go before Him to the other side, until He would have dismissed the crowds.
26 And the disciples having seen Him walking on the sea, were troubled saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out in fear.
Chapter 15 Tradition and Worship
2 “Why do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they shall eat bread.”
12 Then the disciples having approached, said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees, having heard this saying, were offended?”
23 But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples having approached, were imploring Him, saying, “Dismiss her, for she cries out after us!”
32 And Jesus, having called His disciples to Him, said, “I am moved with compassion toward the crowd, because they continue with Me three days already and have nothing that they might eat. And I am not willing to send them away hungry, lest they faint on the way.”
33 And the disciples say to Him, “From where will be to us in a secluded place so many loaves, as so great a crowd to satisfy?”
36 having taken the seven loaves and the fish, and having given thanks, He broke them and kept giving them to the disciples, and the disciples to the crowd.
Chapter 16 The Demand for a Sign
5 And the disciples, having come to the other side, forgot to take bread.
13 And Jesus having come into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was questioning His disciples saying, “Whom do men pronounce the Son of Man to be?”
20 Then He instructed the disciples that they should tell no one that He is the Christ. Christ's Passion Foretold
21 From that time Jesusb began to show to His disciples that it is necessary for Him to go away to Jerusalem, and to suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and to be killed, and to be raised on the third day.
24 Then Jesus said His to disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Chapter 17 The Transfiguration
6 And the disciples having heard it, fell upon their face and were greatly terrified.
10 And the disciples asked Him, saying, “Why then do the scribes say that it behooves Elijah to come first?”
13 Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them concerning John the Baptist. The Boy with a Demon
16 And I brought him Your to disciples, and they were not able to heal him.”
19 Then the disciples, having come to Jesus in private, said, “Why were we not able to cast it out?”
Chapter 18 The Greatest in the Kingdom
1 In that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens?”
Chapter 19 Teachings about Divorce
10 His disciples say to Him, “If this is the case of the man with the wife, it is better not to marry.”
13 Then little children were brought to Him, that He might lay the hands on them, and might pray. But the disciples rebuked them.
23 And Jesus said His to disciples, “Truly I say to you that with difficulty a rich man will enter into the kingdom of the heavens.
25 And the disciples having heard were exceedingly astonished, saying, “Who then is able to be saved?”
Chapter 20 The Parable of the Workers
17 And Jesus going up to Jerusalem, He took the twelve disciples aside themselves on the way, and said to them,
Chapter 21 The Triumphal Entry
1 And when they drew near to Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples,
6 And the disciples having gone and having done as Jesus commanded them,
20 And having seen it, the disciples marveled, saying, “How did the fig tree wither so quickly?”
Chapter 22 The Parable of the Banquet
16 And they send their disciples to Him, with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and You teach the way of God in the truth, and to You there is care about no one, for You do not look on the appearance of men.
Chapter 23 Woes to Scribes and Pharisees
1 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples,
Chapter 24 Temple Destruction Foretold
1 And having gone forth from the temple, Jesus was going away, and His disciples came to Him to point out to Him the buildings of the temple.
3 And as He was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him in private, saying, “Tell us, when these things will be? And what is the sign of Your coming, and the consummation of the age?”
Chapter 25 The Parable of the Ten Virgins
Chapter 26 The Plot to Kill Jesus
1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these words, He said to His disciples,
8 And the disciples having seen, became indignant, saying, “For what purpose is this waste?
17 And on the first day of the unleavened bread, the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Where do you desire we should prepare for You to eat the Passover?”
18 And He said, “Go into the city unto a certain man and tell him the Teacher says, ‘My time is near; I will keep the Passover with you with My disciples.’”
19 And the disciples did as Jesus directed them, and prepared the Passover.
20 And evening having arrived, He was reclining with the twelve disciples.c
26 Now as they were eating, Jesus, having taken bread and having blessed it, broke it, and having given it to the disciples, He said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
35 Peter says to Him, “Even if it were necessary for me to die with You, I will never deny You.” And all the disciples said likewise. Jesus Prays at Gethsemane
36 Then Jesus comes with them to a place called Gethsemane, and He says to the disciples, “Sit here until that having gone away over there, I shall pray.”
40 And He comes to the disciples and finds them sleeping. And He says to Peter, “So, were you not able to watch with Me one hour?
45 Then He comes to the disciples and says to them, “Sleep and take your rest later on. Behold, the hour has drawn near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
56 And all this is come to pass, that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then the disciples all, having forsaken Him, fled. Jesus Faces the Sanhedrin
Chapter 27 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
57 And evening having arrived, a rich man from Arimathea named Joseph came, who himself also was discipled to Jesus.
64 Therefore command the tomb to be secured until the third day, lest ever His disciples having come, steal Him away and say to the people, ‘He is risen from the dead.’ And the last deception will be worse than the first.”
Chapter 28 The Resurrection
7 And having gone quickly, say to His disciples that He is risen from the dead and behold, He goes before you into Galilee; you will see Him there. Behold, I have told you.”
8 And having gone out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, they ran to tell His disciples.
13 saying, “Say that His disciples, having come by night, stole Him—we being asleep.
16 And the eleven disciples went into Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus assigned them.
19 Therefore having gone, disciple all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
20 teaching them to observe all things, whatever I commanded you. And behold, I am with you all the days, until the completion of the age.”

BOOK OF Mark
Chapter 1 The Mission of John the Baptist
15 and saying, “The time has been fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has drawn near; repent and believe in the gospel.” The First disciples
Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
15 And it came to pass in His reclining in his house, that many tax collectors and sinners were reclining with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they were following Him.
16 And the scribes of the Pharisees, having seen Him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, were saying to His disciples, “Why does He eata with the tax collectors and sinners?”
18 And the disciples of John and the Pharisees were fasting. And they come and say to Him, “Why do the disciples of John and the disciples of the Pharisees fast, but Your disciples do not fast?”
23 And it came to pass, He is passing through the grainfields on the Sabbaths, and His disciples began to make their way, plucking the heads of grain.
Chapter 3 Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
7 And Jesus withdrew with His disciples to the sea, and a great multitude from Galilee followed, and from Judea,
9 And He spoke to His disciples, that a boat might wait upon Him, on account of the crowd, that they might not press upon Him.
12 And He would rebuke them much, so that they should not make Him known. The Twelve apostles
14 And He appointed twelve ones, and He called them apostles, that they might be with Him, and that He might send them to preach,
Chapter 4 The Parable of the Sower
34 and He would not speak to them without parables; but privately He would explain all things to His own disciples. Jesus Calms the Storm
Chapter 5 The Demons and the Pigs
31 And His disciples were saying to Him, “You see the crowd pressing in on You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’”
Chapter 6 The Rejection at Nazareth
1 And He went out from there and came into His hometown; and His disciples follow Him.
29 And his disciples having heard it, came and took up his body, and laid it in a tomb. The Feeding of the Five Thousand
30 And the apostles are gathered together to Jesus, and they related to him all things, what they had done and what they had taught.
35 And the hour already being late, having come to Him, his disciples were saying, “The place is desolate, and the hour already is late.
41 And having taken the five loaves and the two fish, having looked up to the heaven, He blessed and broke the loaves, and He kept giving them to His disciples, that they might set before them. And He divided the two fish among all.
45 And immediately He compelled His disciples to enter into the boat and to go before Him to the other side, to Bethsaida, until He should dismiss the crowd.
Chapter 7 Tradition and Worship
2 And they had seen that some of His disciples are eating the bread with defiled, that is, unwashed hands.
5 And the Pharisees and the scribes questioned Him, “Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat the bread with unwashed hands?”
17 And when He went into the house from the crowd, His disciples were asking Him the parable.
Chapter 8 The Feeding of the Four Thousand
1 In those days, of the crowd again being great and not having what they might eat, having summoned the disciples, He says to them,
4 And His disciples answered Him, “From where will anyone be able to satisfy these with bread, here in this desolate place?”
6 And He directs the crowd to recline on the ground. And having taken the seven loaves, having given thanks, He broke them and kept giving them to His disciples, that they might set before them. And they set it before the crowd.
10 And immediately having entered into the boat with His disciples, He came into the district of Dalmanutha. The Demand for a Sign
27 And Jesus and His disciples went forth into the villages of Caesarea Philippi. And on the way, He was questioning His disciples, saying to them, “Whom do men pronounce Me to be?”
33 And having turned and having looked upon His disciples, He rebuked Peter, and said, “Get behind Me, Satan, for your thoughts are not of the things of God, but the things of men.” Take up Your Cross
34 And having summoned the crowd with His disciples, He said to them, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and let him take up his cross, and let him follow Me.
Chapter 9 The Transfiguration
14 And having come to the disciples, they saw a great crowd around them, and scribes arguing with them.
18 and whenever it seizes him, it throws him down; and he foams and gnashes his teeth, and is withering away. And I spoke to Your disciples, that they might cast it out, and they had no power.”
28 And He having entered into the house, His disciples were asking Him in private, “Why were we not able to cast it out?”
31 for He was teaching His disciples. And He was saying to them, “The Son of Man is delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him; and having been killed, on the third day He will arise.”
Chapter 10 Teachings about Divorce
10 And in the house again, the disciples were asking Him concerning this.
13 And they were bringing little children to Him, that He might touch them. But the disciples rebuked them.
23 And Jesus having looked around, says to His disciples, “How difficultly those having riches will enter into the kingdom of God!”
24 And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answering says to them again, “Children, how difficult it is to entere into the kingdom of God!
46 And they come to Jericho. And as He was going out from Jericho—and His disciples, and a large crowd—a blind beggar, Bartimaeus, son of Timaeus, was sitting beside the road.
Chapter 11 The Triumphal Entry
1 And when they drew near to Jerusalem, to Bethphage and Bethany near the Mount of Olives, He sends two of His disciples
14 And answering He said to it, “May no one eat the fruit of you, no more to the age.” And His disciples were listening. Jesus Cleanses the Temple
Chapter 12 The Parable of the Wicked Tenants
43 And having summoned His disciples, He says to them, “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has cast in more than all of those casting into the treasury.
Chapter 13 Temple Destruction Foretold
1 And of Him going forth out of the temple, one of His disciples says to Him, “Teacher, behold what stones and what buildings!”
Chapter 14 The Plot to Kill Jesus
12 And on the first day of unleavened bread, when they were to sacrifice the Passover lamb, His disciples say to Him, “Where do You desire that, having gone, we should prepare that You may eat the Passover?”
13 And He sends forth two of His disciples and says to them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a pitcher of water will meet you. Follow him.
14 And wherever he might enter, say to the master of the house that the Teacher says, ‘Where is My guest room, where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?’
16 And his disciples went away, and came into the city, and found as He had said to them, and they prepared the Passover.
32 And they come to a place, the name of which is Gethsemane; and He says to His disciples, “Sit here, while I shall pray.”
Chapter 15 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
Chapter 16 The Resurrection
7 But go, say to His disciples and to Peter that He goes before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you.”
11 And they having heard that He is alive and has been seen by her, disbelieved. Jesus Appears to Two disciples

BOOK OF Luke
Chapter 1 Dedication to Theophilus
Chapter 2 The Birth of Jesus
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
Chapter 5 The First disciples
30 And the Pharisees and their scribes were grumbling at His disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with the tax collectors and sinners?”
33 And they said to Him, “The disciples of John fast often and make prayers; likewise also those of the Pharisees; but Yours eat and drink.”
Chapter 6 The Lord of the Sabbath
1 And it came to pass on a Sabbath,a He is passing along through grainfields; and His disciples were plucking and were eating the heads of grain, rubbing them in the hands.
11 And they themselves were filled with rage, and were discussing with one another what they might do to Jesus. The Twelve apostles
13 And when it became day, He summoned His disciples, also having chosen out from them twelve, whom also He named apostles:
17 And having descended with them, He stood on a level place, and a large crowd of His disciples, and a great multitude of the people from all Judea, and Jerusalem, and the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon,
20 And He, having lifted up His gaze upon His disciples, was saying: “Blessed are the poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.
40 A disciple is not above the teacher, and everyone fully trained will be like his teacher.
Chapter 7 The Faith of the Centurion
11 And it came to pass on the next day, He went into a town called Nain, and His disciples were going with Him, and a great crowd.
18 And his disciples brought word to John concerning all these things.
19 And having summoned a certain two his disciples, John sent them to the Lord saying, “Are You the coming One, or are we to look for another?”
Chapter 8 Women Minister to Jesus
9 And His disciples were asking Him, “What does this parable mean?”
22 And it came to pass, on one of the days also, He with His disciples entered into a boat, and He said to them, “Let us pass over to the other side of the lake.” And they launched out.
Chapter 9 The Ministry of the Twelve
10 And having returned, the apostles related to Him whatever they had done. And having taken them, He withdrew by Himself into a town called Bethsaida.
14 For they were about five thousand men. And He said to His disciples, “Make them sit down in groups of about fifty.”
16 And having taken the five loaves and the two fish, having looked up to the heaven, He blessed and broke them, and He kept giving them to the disciples to set before the crowd.
18 And it came to pass as He was praying in solitary, the disciples were with Him, and He questioned them, saying, “Whom do the crowds pronounce Me to be?”
40 And I begged Your disciples that they might cast it out, and they were not able.”
43 And all were astonished at the majesty of God. But of all wondering at all that He did, He said to His disciples,
54 And the disciples James and John having seen it, said, “Lord, will You that we should call fire to come down from heaven and to consume them?”b
55 And having turned, He rebuked them,
Chapter 10 Jesus Sends Out the disciples
23 And having turned to the disciples, He said in private, “Blessed are the eyes seeing what you see!
Chapter 11 The Lord's Prayer
1 And it came to pass in His being in a certain place praying, when He ceased, one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.”
49 Because of this also, the Wisdom of God said, ‘I will send to them prophets and apostles, and some of them they will kill and persecute,’
Chapter 12 The Leaven of the Pharisees
1 In these times, the myriads of the crowd having been gathered together so as to trample upon one another, He began to say to His disciples first, “Take heed to yourselves of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
22 And He said to His disciples, “Because of this I say to you, do not be anxious for life, what you should eat, nor for your body, what you should put on.
Chapter 13 A Call to Repentance
Chapter 14 Jesus Heals a Man with Dropsy
24 For I say to all of you that not one of those men having been invited will taste my supper.’” The Cost of discipleship
26 “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters and yes, even his life, he is not able to be My disciple.
27 Whoever does not carry his cross and come after Me is not able to be My disciple.
33 So therefore every one of you who does not give up all that he himself possesses, is not able to be My disciple. Good Salt
Chapter 15 The Parable of the Lost Sheep
Chapter 16 The Parable of the Shrewd Manager
1 Now also He was saying to the disciples, “There was a certain rich man who had a manager, and was accused unto him as he is wasting his possessions.
Chapter 17 Temptations and Trespasses
1 And He said to His disciples, “It is impossible for the stumbling blocks not to come, but woe to him by whom they come!
5 And the apostles said to the Lord, “Add to us faith!”
22 And He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it.
Chapter 18 The Persistent Widow
15 And they were bringing the infants also to Him, that He might touch them; but the disciples having seen, were rebuking them.
Chapter 19 Jesus and Zacchaeus
29 And it came to pass as He drew near to Bethphage and Bethany, toward the mount called Olivet, He sent two of the disciples,
37 And as He is drawing near, already at the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples rejoicing, began to praise God in a loud voice for all the mighty works which they had seen,
39 And some of the Pharisees from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.”
Chapter 20 Jesus' Authority Challenged
45 While all the people were listening, He said to His disciples,
Chapter 21 The Poor Widow's Offering
Chapter 22 The Plot to Kill Jesus
11 and you shall say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?”’
14 And when the hour was come, He reclined, and the apostles with Him.
39 And having gone forth, He went according to the custom to the Mount of Olives, and the disciples also followed Him.
45 And having risen up from the prayer, having come to the disciples, He found them sleeping from the grief.
Chapter 23 Jesus Before Pilate
Chapter 24 The Resurrection
10 Now it was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them, who were telling these things to the apostles.
35 And they began relating the things on the road, and how He was known to them in the breaking of the bread. Jesus Appears to the disciples

BOOK OF John
Chapter 1 The Beginning
34 And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Sone of God.” The First disciples
35 On the next day John again was standing, and two of his disciples.
37 And the two disciples heard him speaking, and followed Jesus.
Chapter 2 The Wedding at Cana
2 and also Jesus was invited, and His disciples, to the wedding.
11 This was the beginning of the signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and He revealed His glory. And His disciples believed in Him. Jesus Cleanses the Temple
12 After this, He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His disciples, and they stayed there not many days.
17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “The zeal of Your house will consume Me.”b
22 Therefore when He was raised up out from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.
Chapter 3 Jesus and Nicodemus
22 After these things, Jesus and His disciples came into the land of Judea, and there He was staying with them, and was baptizing.
25 Then a debate arose among the disciples of John with a certain Jew about purification.
Chapter 4 Jesus and the Samaritan Woman
1 Therefore when Jesus knew that Pharisees heard that Jesus makes and baptizes more disciples than John
2 (although indeed Jesus Himself was not baptizing, but His disciples),
8 For His disciples had gone away into the city, that they might buy food.
26 Jesus says to her, “I who am speaking to you am He.” The disciples Return and Marvel
27 And upon this, His disciples came and were amazed that He was speaking with a woman. But no one said, “What do You seek?” Or “Why do You speak with her?”
31 But in the meantime the disciples were asking Him, saying, “Rabbi, eat.”
33 Therefore the disciples were saying to one another, “No one brought Him anything to eat?”
Chapter 5 The Pool of Bethesda
Chapter 6 The Feeding of the Five Thousand
3 Now Jesus went up on the mountain and was sitting there with His disciples.
8 One of His disciples, Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, says to Him,
12 Now when they were filled, He says to His disciples, “Gather together the fragments having been over and above, so that not anything may be lost.”
16 Now when it became evening, His disciples went down to the sea,
22 On the next day, the crowd standing on the other side of the sea, having seen that no other boat was there except one, and that Jesus did not go with His disciples into the boat, but His disciples went away alone
24 therefore when the crowd saw that Jesus is not there, nor His disciples, they themselves entered into the boats and came to Capernaum, seeking Jesus.
58 This is the bread having come down from heaven, not as the fathers ate and died. The one eating this bread will live to the age.” Many disciples Turn Back
60 Therefore many of His disciples having heard, said, “This word is difficult; who is able to hear it?”
61 But Jesus, knowing in Himself that His disciples are grumbling about this, said to them, “Does this offend you?
66 From that time, many of His disciples departed to the back and no longer walked with Him.
Chapter 7 Jesus Teaches at the Feast
3 Therefore His brothers said to Him, “Depart from here and go into Judea, so that Your disciples will also see Your works that You are doing.
Chapter 8 The Woman Caught in Adultery
31 Therefore Jesus was saying to the Jews having believed in Him, “If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples.
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals the Man Born Blind
2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?”
27 He answered them, “I told you already, and you did not listen. Why do you wish to hear again? Do you wish to become His disciples also?”
28 And they railed at him and said, “You are a disciple of that One, but we are disciples of Moses.
Chapter 10 Jesus the Good Shepherd
Chapter 11 The Death of Lazarus
7 Then after this, He says to the disciples, “Let us go into Judea again.”
8 The disciples say to Him, “Rabbi, just now the Jews were seeking to stone You, and You are going there again?”
12 Therefore His disciples said, “Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will get well.”
16 Therefore Thomas called Didymus said to the fellow disciples, “Let us also go, that we may die with Him.” Jesus Comforts Martha and Mary
54 Therefore Jesus no longer walked publicly among the Jews, but went away from there into the region near the wilderness, to a city called Ephraim. And there He stayed with the disciples.
Chapter 12 Mary Anoints Jesus
4 But Judas Iscariot, one of His disciples, being about to betray Him, says,
16 His disciples did not know these things from the first, but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things were written of Him, and these things they had done to Him.
Chapter 13 Jesus Washes His disciples' Feet
5 After that, He pours water into the basin, and He began to wash the feet of the disciples and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.
22 The disciples began to look upon one another, being uncertain of whom He is speaking.
23 There was reclining one of His disciples whom Jesus loved in the bosom of Jesus.
35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love among one another.” Jesus Predicts Peter's Denial
Chapter 14 Jesus Comforts the disciples
Chapter 15 Jesus the True Vine
8 In this My Father is glorified, that you should bear much fruit, and you shall be My disciples. No Greater Love
Chapter 16 Persecution Foretold
17 Therefore some of his disciples said to one another, “What is this that He says to us, ‘A little while and you do not behold Me; and again a little while and you will see Me’ and ‘Because I am going to the Father’?”
29 His disciples say, “Behold, now You speak in openness, and You do not speak allegory.
Chapter 17 Prayer for the Son
5 And now glorify Me, You Father, with Yourself, with the glory that I had with You before the world existed. Prayer for the disciples
Chapter 18 The Betrayal of Jesus
1 Having said these things, Jesus went out with His disciples beyond the winter stream of Kidron, where there was a garden, into which He and His disciples entered.
2 Now Judas, who was delivering Him up, also knew the place, because Jesus often gathered together there with His disciples.
15 And Simon Peter and the other disciple were following Jesus. Now since that disciple was known to the high priest, he also entered with Jesus into the court of the high priest.
16 But Peter stood at the door outside. Therefore the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the doorkeeper and brought in Peter.
17 Therefore the servant girl, the doorkeeper, says to Peter, “Are you not also of the disciples of this man?” He says, “I am not.”
19 Then the high priest questioned Jesus concerning His disciples and concerning His teaching.
25 Now Simon Peter was standing and warming himself. Therefore they said to him, “Are you not also one of His disciples?” He denied it and said, “I am not.”
Chapter 19 The Soldiers Mock Jesus
26 Therefore Jesus, having seen His mother and the disciple whom He loved standing by, says to His mother, “Woman, behold, your son.”
27 Then He says to the disciple, “Behold, your mother.” And from that hour the disciple took her to the own. The Death of Jesus
38 And after these things, Joseph from Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but concealed through the fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave permission. So he came and took away His body.
Chapter 20 The Resurrection
2 So she runs and comes to Simon Peter and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and she says to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”
3 Therefore Peter and the other disciple went forth and were coming to the tomb.
4 Now the two were running together, and the other disciple ran ahead faster than Peter and came to the tomb first.
8 So then the other disciple, the one having come to the tomb first, also entered; and he saw and believed.
10 Therefore the disciples went away again to their homes.
18 Mary Magdalene comes bringing word to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and that He had said these things to her. Jesus Appears to the disciples
19 Therefore it being evening the same day, the first of the week, and the doors where the disciples were having been shut through the fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and He says to them, “Peace to you.”
20 And having said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. Then the disciples rejoiced, having seen the Lord.
25 So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the mark of the nails, and put my finger into the mark of the nails, and put my hands into His side, I will never believe.”
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them, the doors having been shut. Jesus comes, and He stood in the midst and said, “Peace to you.”
30 So indeed Jesus also did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book.
Chapter 21 Jesus Appears at the Sea of Galilee
1 After these things, Jesus revealed Himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias. Now He revealed Himself in this way:
2 Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael from Cana of Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.
4 Now morning already having come, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not know that it is Jesus.
7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved says to Peter, “It is the Lord.” So Simon Peter, having heard that it is the Lord, put on the outer garment, (for he was naked), and he cast himself into the sea.
8 Now the other disciples came in the boat, dragging the net with the fish, for they were not far from the land, but about two hundred cubits away.a
12 Jesus says to them, “Come, have breakfast.” But none of the disciples dared to ask Him, “Who are You?” knowing that it is the Lord.
14 This is now the third time Jesus was revealed the disciples, having been raised out from the dead. Jesus Reinstates Peter
19 Now He said this signifying by what death he will glorify God. And having said this, He says to him, “Follow Me.” Jesus and the Beloved apostle
20 Having turned, Peter sees the disciple whom Jesus loved following, the one who also had reclined on His bosom at the supper and said, “Lord, who is it who is betraying You?”
23 Therefore this saying went out among the brothers, that this disciple does not die. But Jesus had not said to him that he does not die, but, “If I desire him to remain until I come, what is it to you?”
24 This is the disciple bearing witness concerning these things, and the one having written these things. And we know that his testimony is true.

60,000 character limit, continued in next Reply
Last edited by mlinssen on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
mlinssen

Re: Disciple / follower / apostle etc in all of the NT - Acts through Revelation

Post by mlinssen »

Disciple / follower / apostle etc in all of the NT - Matthew through John

One way to look for progression in development of ideas (in order to establishment priority / order) is to follow the evolution of certain concepts

Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact), of every verse with the word: disciple, follower, apostle.
Hint: follower isn't present

BOOK OF Acts
Chapter 1 Prologue
2 until the day He was taken up, having given orders by the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom He had chosen,
25 to take the place of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas turned aside to go to the own place.”
26 And they gave lots for them, and the lot fell on Matthias, and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
Chapter 2 The Holy Spirit at Pentecost
37 And having heard, they were pierced to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Men, brothers, what shall we do?”
42 Now they were steadfastly continuing in the teaching of the apostles, and in the fellowship, in the breaking of the bread, and in the prayers.
43 And awee was coming upon every soul, and both many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles.
Chapter 3 A Lame Man Walks
Chapter 4 Peter and John Before the Council
33 And with great power, the apostles were giving testimony of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and abundant grace was upon them all.
35 and were laying them at the feet of the apostles, and distribution was made to each as anyone had need.
36 Now Joseph having been called Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated, Son of encouragement), a Levite, a Cypriot at the birth,
37 having sold a field he owns, brought the money and laid it at the feet of the apostles.
Chapter 5 Ananias and Sapphira
2 and he kept back from the proceeds, also the wife being aware of it, and having brought a certain portion, he laid it at the feet of the apostles.
11 And great fear came upon the whole church and upon all those hearing these things. The apostles Heal Many
12 Now many signs and wonders were happening among the people by the hands of the apostles. And they were all with one accord in Solomon’s Colonnade.
16 Now the multitude from the cities surrounding Jerusalem also were coming together, bringing the sick and those being tormented by unclean spirits, who were all healed. The apostles Arrested and Freed
18 and they laid hands on the apostles and put them in the public jail.
23 saying, “We found the prison house shut, with all security, and the guards standing before the doors; but having opened them, we found no one inside.” The apostles Before the Council
29 But Peter and the apostles answering said, “It is necessary to obey God rather than men.
40 And they were persuaded by him. And having called in the apostles, having beaten them, they commanded them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and they released them.
Chapter 6 The Choosing of the Seven
1 Now in these days when the disciples are multiplying, there arose a grumbling of the Hellenists against the Hebrews, because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution.
2 So the Twelve, having called near the multitude of the disciples, said, “It is not desirable for us, having neglected the word of God, to attend tables.
6 whom they set before the apostles. And having prayed, they laid the hands on them.
7 And the word of God continued to increase, and the number of the disciples in Jerusalem was multiplied exceedingly, and a great multitude of the priests were becoming obedient to the faith. The Arrest of Stephen
Chapter 7 Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin
Chapter 8 Saul Persecutes the Church
1 And Saul was there consenting to his killing. And on that day a great persecution arose against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria.
14 Now the apostles in Jerusalem, having heard that Samaria had received the word of God, sent to them Peter and John,
18 Now of Simon having seen that the Spirit was given through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered to them money,
Chapter 9 The Road to Damascus
1 Meanwhile, Saul still breathing out threats and murder toward the disciples of the Lord, having gone to the high priest,
10 Now there was a certain disciple in Damascus named Ananias. And the Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias!” And he said, “Behold me, Lord.”
19 and having taken food, he was strengthened. And he was some days with the disciples in Damascus. Saul Preaches at Damascus
25 But having taken him by night, his disciples let him down through the wall, having lowered him in a basket. Saul in Jerusalem
26 And having arrived in Jerusalem, he was attempting to join the disciples, and all were afraid of him, not believing that he is a disciple.
27 But Barnabas having taken him, brought him to the apostles and related to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had spoken boldly in the name of Jesus.
36 Now in Joppa there was a certain disciple named Tabitha, which translated is called Dorcas. She was full of good works and of alms that she continually did.
38 Now Lydda being near Joppa, the disciples having heard that Peter is in it, sent two men to him, imploring, “Do not to delay coming to us.”
Chapter 10 Cornelius Sends for Peter
Chapter 11 Peter's Report at Jerusalem
1 Now the apostles and the brothers being in Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God.
26 and having found him, he brought him to Antioch. Now it came to pass that they also gathered together an entire year in the church, and taught a large crowd. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians.
29 And the disciples, as anyone was prospered, each of them determined to send for ministry to the brothers dwelling in Judea,
Chapter 12 James Killed, Peter Imprisoned
Chapter 13 Paul's First Missionary Journey
52 and the disciples were filled with joy and the Holy Spirit.
Chapter 14 Paul and Barnabas at Iconium
4 Now the multitude of the city was divided, and indeed some were with the Jews, but some with the apostles.
14 But the apostles Barnabas and Paul having heard, having torn their garments, rushed out into the crowd, crying out
20 But the disciples having surrounded him, having risen up, he entered into the city. And on the next day he went away with Barnabas to Derbe. The Return to Syrian Antioch
21 And having proclaimed the gospel to that city and having discipled many, they returned to Lystra, and to Iconium, and to Antioch,
22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith and that “through many tribulations it behooves us to enter into the kingdom of God.”
28 And they remained no little time with the disciples.
Chapter 15 The Dispute over Circumcision
2 Having been brought about, then, no small commotion and discussion by Paul and Barnabas with them, they appointed Paul and Barnabas and certain others out from them to go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.
4 And having come to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders. And they declared all that God had done with them. The Council at Jerusalem
6 And both the apostles and the elders were gathered together to see about this matter.
10 Now therefore, why are you testing God, to put upon the neck of the disciples a yoke that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?
22 Then it seemed good to the apostles and to the elders, with the whole church, having chosen out from them, to send men to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas: Judas called Barsabbas and Silas, leading men among the brothers,
23 having written by their hand: “The apostles and the elders, brothers, To those brothers among the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia: Greetings.
Chapter 16 Timothy Joins Paul and Silas
1 And he came also to Derbe and to Lystra. And behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timothy, the son of a believing Jewish woman and a Greek father,
4 And while they were passing through the cities, they were delivering to them to keep the decrees decided on by the apostles and elders who were in Jerusalem.
Chapter 17 Paul Preaches at Thessalonica
Chapter 18 Paul's Ministry in Corinth
23 And having stayed some time, he went forth, passing successively through the Galatian region and Phrygia, strengthening all the disciples.
27 And he resolving to pass through into Achaia, the brothers, having encouraged him, wrote to the disciples to welcome him, who having arrived, helped greatly those having believed through grace.
Chapter 19 The Holy Spirit Received at Ephesus
1 Now it came to pass, while Apollos was in Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper partsa to come to Ephesus, and having found certain disciples,
9 But when some were hardened and were disbelieving, speaking evil of the Way before the multitude, having departed from them, he took the disciples separately, reasoning every day in the lecture hall of Tyrannus.
30 But of Paul intending to go in to the people, the disciples would not allow him.
Chapter 20 Paul in Macedonia and Greece
1 Now after the uproar had ceased, Paul, having summoned the disciples and having encouraged them and having said farewell, departed to go to Macedonia.
30 and out from your own selves, men will rise up, speaking perverse things to draw away disciples after them.
Chapter 21 Paul's Journey to Jerusalem
4 And we remained there seven days, having sought out the disciples, who kept telling Paul through the Spirit not to go up to Jerusalem.
16 And some of the disciples from Caesarea also went with us, bringing a certain Mnason, a Cypriot, an early disciple with whom we would lodge. Paul's Arrival at Jerusalem
Chapter 22 Paul's Defense to the Crowd
Chapter 23 Paul Before the Sanhedrin
Chapter 24 Tertullus Prosecutes Paul
Chapter 25 Paul's Trial Before Festus
Chapter 26 Paul's Testimony to Agrippa
Chapter 27 Paul Sails for Rome
Chapter 28 Ashore on Malta

BOOK OF Romans
Chapter 1 Greeting the Saints in Rome
1 Paul, servant of Jesus Christ, a called apostle having been set apart for the gospel of God,
5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship unto obedience of faith among all the Gentiles on behalf of His name,
Chapter 2 God's Righteous Judgment
Chapter 3 God Remains Faithful
Chapter 4 Abraham Justified by Faith
Chapter 5 The Triumph of Faith
Chapter 6 Dead to Sin, Alive to God
Chapter 7 Release from the Law
Chapter 8 Living in the Spirit
Chapter 9 Paul's Concern for the Jews
Chapter 10 The Word Brings Salvation
Chapter 11 The Remnant of Israel
13 Now I am speaking to you the Gentiles. Therefore indeed inasmuch as I am apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
Chapter 12 Living Sacrifices
Chapter 13 Submission to Authorities
Chapter 14 The Law of Liberty
Chapter 15 Accept One Another
Chapter 16 Personal Greetings and Love
7 Greet Andronicus and Junias, my kinsmen and my fellow prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, and who were in Christ before me.

BOOK OF 1 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul
1 Paul, a called apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Sosthenes, our brother,
Chapter 2 Paul's Message by the Spirit's Power
Chapter 3 God's Fellow Workers
Chapter 4 Servants of Christ
9 For I think God has exhibited us, the apostles, last, as appointed to death, because we have become a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men.
Chapter 5 Immorality Rebuked
Chapter 6 Lawsuits among Believers
Chapter 7 Principles of Marriage
Chapter 8 Food Sacrificed to Idols
Chapter 9 The Rights of an apostle
1 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?
2 If I am not an apostle to others, yet at least I am to you; for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
5 Have we no authority to take about a believer as a wife, as also the other apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?a
Chapter 10 Warnings from Israel's Past
Chapter 11 Roles in Worship
Chapter 12 Spiritual Gifts
28 And some indeed God has appointed in the church, first apostles, secondly prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, various kinds of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
Chapter 13 Love
Chapter 14 Prophecy and Tongues
Chapter 15 The Resurrection of Christ
7 Then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
Chapter 16 The Collection for the Saints

BOOK OF 2 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Paul Greets the Corinthians
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God being in Corinth, with all the saints being in all Achaia.
Chapter 2 Reaffirm Your Love
Chapter 3 Ministers of a New Covenant
Chapter 4 The Light of the Gospel
Chapter 5 Our Eternal Dwelling
Chapter 6 Paul's Hardships and God's Grace
Chapter 7 Paul's Joy in the Corinthians
Chapter 8 Generosity Commended
23 Whether as regards Titus, he is my partner and fellow worker for you; or our brothers, they are apostles of the churches, the glory of Christ.
Chapter 9 God Loves a Cheerful Giver
Chapter 10 Paul's Apostolic Authority
Chapter 11 Paul and the False apostles
5 For I reckon in nothing to have been inferior to those “most eminent apostles.”
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
Chapter 12 Paul's Revelation
11 I have become a fool; you compelled me. For I ought to have been commended by you, for in no way was I inferior to those “most eminent apostles,” even though I am nothing.
12 For the signs of the apostle were performed among you in all perseverance, and in signs, and wonders, and miracles.
Chapter 13 Examine Yourselves

BOOK OF Galatians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Galatians
1 Paul, an apostle—not from men, nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, the One having raised Him out from the dead—
17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to the apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia and returned again to Damascus.
19 But I saw none of the other apostles, only James, the Lord’s brother.
Chapter 2 The Council at Jerusalem
8 for the One having worked in Peter for apostleship of the circumcision, did also in me toward the Gentiles—
Chapter 3 Faith and Belief
Chapter 4 Sons and Heirs
Chapter 5 Freedom in Christ
Chapter 6 Carry One Another's Burdens

BOOK OF Ephesians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Ephesians
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints being in Ephesus,a and faithful in Christ Jesus:
Chapter 2 Alive with Christ
20 having been built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone,
Chapter 3 The Mystery of the Gospel
5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as now it has been revealed in the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets,
Chapter 4 Unity in the Body
11 And He gave some indeed to be apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some shepherds and teachers,
Chapter 5 Imitators of God
Chapter 6 Children and Parents

BOOK OF Philippians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul and Timothy
Chapter 2 One in Christ
Chapter 3 Righteousness through Faith
Chapter 4 Stand Firm in the Lord

BOOK OF Colossians
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy the brother,
Chapter 2 Absent in Body, Present in Spirit
Chapter 3 Putting on the New Self
Chapter 4 Fellow Workers

BOOK OF 1 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
Chapter 2 Paul's Ministry
6 nor seeking glory from men, nor from you, nor from others, though having authority with weight to be, as apostles of Christ.
Chapter 3 Timothy's Visit
Chapter 4 Living to Please God
Chapter 5 The Day of the Lord

BOOK OF 2 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
Chapter 2 The Man of Lawlessness
Chapter 3 Request for Prayer

BOOK OF 1 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, according to the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope,
Chapter 2 A Call to Prayer
7 in regard to which I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am speaking the truth; I do not lie—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
Chapter 3 Qualifications for Overseers
Chapter 4 Warnings against False Teachers
Chapter 5 Guidelines for Reproof
Chapter 6 Instructions to Servants

BOOK OF 2 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus,
11 to which I was appointed a herald, and an apostle, and a teacher.
Chapter 2 Grace and Perseverance
Chapter 3 Evil in the Last Days
Chapter 4 Preach the Word

BOOK OF Titus
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Titus
1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of the elect of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness,
Chapter 2 Teaching Sound Doctrine
Chapter 3 Obedience to Authorities

BOOK OF Philemon

BOOK OF Hebrews
Chapter 1 The Supremacy of the Son
Chapter 2 Salvation Confirmed
Chapter 3 Jesus Our apostle and High Priest
1 Therefore, holy brothers, partakers of the heavenly calling, carefully consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession,
Chapter 4 The Sabbath Rest
Chapter 5 The Perfect High Priest
Chapter 6 A Call to Maturity
Chapter 7 Melchizedek and Abraham
Chapter 8 Christ's Eternal Priesthood
Chapter 9 The Earthly Tabernacle
Chapter 10 Christ's Perfect Sacrifice
Chapter 11 Faith and Assurance
Chapter 12 The Call to Endurance
Chapter 13 Love for Brothers

BOOK OF James
Chapter 1 Greetings from James
Chapter 2 A Warning against Favoritism
Chapter 3 Taming the Tongue
Chapter 4 Warning against Pride
Chapter 5 Warning to the Rich

BOOK OF 1 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the elect sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
Chapter 2 The Lord is Good
Chapter 3 Wives and Husbands
Chapter 4 Living for God's Glory
Chapter 5 Instructions to Elders

BOOK OF 2 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those having obtained a faith equally precious with ours, through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
Chapter 2 Deliverance from False Prophets
Chapter 3 The Coming Judgment
2 to be mindful of the words having been spoken beforehand by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles,

BOOK OF 1 John
Chapter 1 The Word of Life
Chapter 2 Jesus Our Advocate
Chapter 3 Children of God
Chapter 4 Testing the Spirits
Chapter 5 Overcoming the World

BOOK OF 2 John
Chapter 1 Greeting from the Elder

BOOK OF 3 John
Chapter 1 Greeting to Gaius from the Elder

BOOK OF Jude
Chapter 1 Greetings from Jude
17 But you, beloved, remember the words having been spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,

BOOK OF Revelation
Chapter 1 Prologue
Chapter 2 To the Church in Ephesus
2 I know your works and your labor and endurance, and that you are not able to tolerate evil ones. And you have tested those claiming to be apostles and are not, and you have found them false.
Chapter 3 To the Church in Sardis
Chapter 4 The Throne in Heaven
Chapter 5 The Scroll with Seven Seals
Chapter 6 The First Seal: The White Horse
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 The Seventh Seal
Chapter 9 The Fifth Trumpet
Chapter 10 The Angel and the Small Scroll
Chapter 11 The Two Witnesses
Chapter 12 The Woman and the Dragon
Chapter 13 The Beast from the Sea
Chapter 14 The Lamb and the 144,000
Chapter 15 The Song of Moses and the Lamb
Chapter 16 The First Six Bowls of Wrath
Chapter 17 The Woman on the Beast
Chapter 18 Babylon is Fallen
20 “Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you saints and apostles and prophets, because God has judged for you the judgment against her.” The Doom of Babylon
Chapter 19 Rejoicing in Heaven
Chapter 20 Satan Bound
Chapter 21 A New Heaven and a New Earth
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Chapter 22 The River of Life

Done!
Last edited by mlinssen on Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlinssen

Re: Disciple / follower / apostle etc in all of the NT - Matthew through John

Post by mlinssen »

Again., it is very interesting to see the clear cut-off between Romans ff. and the Synoptics. Just as Romans ff. only has prophets and nothing like scribes, lawyers, Pharisees / Sadducees nor priests, there is not a shred of disciples here - but only apostles.
These certainly are two conflicting currents with entirely different directions

A few candidates for interpolation seem to present themselves this way too

It is interesting too, by the way, that it is Tertullian who often speaks of disciples versus apostles, and that Irenaeus (and Augustine) seem to prefer apostle - that is what I got from a quick glance off viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1765
mlinssen

Re: Disciple / follower / apostle etc in all of the NT - Synoptics

Post by mlinssen »

Having said that, it really looks like 'disciple' in Acts ff. is used in the sense of follower, and apostle in the sense of the disciple as we know it from the Synoptics

That makes Hebrews 3:1 extra interesting, with Jesus the apostle and high priest
mlinssen

Re: Disciple / follower / apostle etc in all of the NT - Synoptics

Post by mlinssen »

I have now underlined every chapter, that makes it a lot more legible