Marcion the Butcher of Pontus, Paul, and Galatians chapter 1

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Ben C. Smith

Re: Marcion the Butcher of Pontus, Paul, and Galatians chapter 1

Post by Ben C. Smith »

DCHindley wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:55 amThe icons are so small you can't really make out details, but I was thinking of a mosaic from an ancient synagogue. The Spanish thing was just because I once used that phrase (in correct gender) with a Hispanic girl I had a class with in Jr College, and it made her blush. Unfortunately, I did not get a date with her. I swear, though, that I was not trying to make you blush (that would just be weird).

So, Leningrad Codex!
Now the Leningrad codex is blushing....

I attended a lecture in college by Bruce Zuckerman, where I donated a modest sum to his efforts to photograph the Dead Sea scrolls in exchange for a set of six high resolution photographs (all of which now hang on my wall behind my desk). Four of the photos are of certain Dead Sea scrolls themselves (4Q162, 4Q175, a page from 1QS, and the Copper Scroll), one is of another ancient Hebrew page, and one is that page from the Leningrad codex, which I scanned a long time ago and turned into my avatar/icon.