Resources: the Digital Syriac Corpus and the New Handbook of Syriac Literature

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Ben C. Smith

Re: Resources: the Digital Syriac Corpus and the New Handbook of Syriac Literature

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Great use of Goudy Stout there.
MrMacSon

Re: Resources: the Digital Syriac Corpus and the New Handbook of Syriac Literature

Post by MrMacSon »

more stout that I expected
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

MrMacSon wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:07 pm more stout than I expected
Really?
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Seriously, though, it is great to see more and more Syriac resources becoming available online. Man shall not live by Greek and Hebrew alone.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Nice resource MrMacSon. :cheers:

I personally can't distinguish between Syriac and squiggles on paper. By any chance do you know how the nomina sacra was rendered, if at all?

Thanks

Lane
Jax

Post by Jax »

Came across this in a search so I'll leave it here for others that might find it interesting. https://www.academia.edu/6991812/Greek_ ... _Aristides Greek Words in the Syriac Text of the Apology of Aristides