The Gospel of St Paul

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
drg55

The Gospel of St Paul

Post by drg55 »

I have discovered the Gospel of Paul, not in a cave or buried jar, or even a grave. It was hidden in his published letters.

Using references in Bart Ehrman's book "Did Jesus Exist" and other sources as well as my own reading of the Bible, I have compiled what is a very short but interesting Gospel of Paul.

It does tell us for instance that the virgin birth did not happen.

Our understanding of the New Testament is skewed by the presentation of the Gospels first, as authoritative texts on Jesus's life. Each is a stylised propaganda piece but of course they do contain some source data. Some of the more obvious myths are also the most popular. But even these books are out of sequence. If books in the New Testament were placed in time order different conclusions would be reached. As Ehrman says Jesus started off as the Jewish Messiah and his mythological status was escalated as time went on. Find my compilation here: http://www.mmnet.com.au/australian_land ... 0Paul.html

I very much welcome any comments or suggestions here. While some of Paul's sayings are parallel to the Gospels I left those out if he did not say Jesus said them not he, as it may be they were added to the four Gospels on the basis that Paul said them.