Categorizing and Cataloging the Radical Bible Hypotheses

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
maryhelena

Stephan Huller: Jesus historicist

Post by maryhelena »

Stephan Huller = Jesus historicist.

By the time he was only eight or nine years of age, Marcus Agrippa believed himself to be, and was accepted as, the once and for all Messiah of the Jewish people – though he espoused a new religious covenant that was open to all, Jew and Gentile alike. He was anointed as such, not only in Palestine but far away in Egyptian Alexandria – undoubtedly on that very throne with its with its ciphered inscriptions that can now be seen in Venice. His position as Messiah had been proclaimed by Jesus himself during his own ministry, and Marcus Agrippa was present at Jesus’ crucifixion.

Huller, Stephan. The Real Messiah: The Throne of St. Mark and the True Origins of Christianity (Kindle Locations 104-107). Watkins Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W.B. Yeats
Leucius Charinus

Re: Categorizing and Cataloging the Radical Bible Hypotheses

Post by Leucius Charinus »

Take it easy on mh. Oh wait. Good rejoinder mh. A sound bite? The last line.

mary helena: The gospel JC story is not history; it is a mythologizing of history; an interpretation of history; salvation history. History viewed through a Jewish philosophical and a prophetic lens.
Last edited by Leucius Charinus on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]
Stephan Huller

Post by Stephan Huller »

Take it easy on MH. A sound bite? The last line.
No I need something catchy. That's boring. I need someone to take over Mead's point that Jesus lived 100 BCE.
Leucius Charinus

Post by Leucius Charinus »

Stephan Huller wrote: I need someone to take over Mead's point that Jesus lived 100 BCE.
Find someone who worships the Toledot Yeshu.
Last edited by Leucius Charinus on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]
Stephan Huller

Post by Stephan Huller »

Barry Wilson, head of the religion department at York University - Jesus married Mary Magdalene and was murdered by a plot engineered by the Emperor Tiberius - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 8437,d.cGE "What the authors eventually discovered is as surprising as it ground-breaking: the con- firmation of Jesus’ marriage to Mary Magdalene; the names of their two children; the towering presence of Mary Magdalene; a serious plot on Jesus’ life in 19 C.E. prior to the crucifixion; an assassination plot against their children; Jesus’ connection to political figures at the highest level of the Roman Empire—including Emperor Tiberius; and a religious movement that antedates that of Paul—the Church of Mary Magdalene."
Last edited by Stephan Huller on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephan Huller

Post by Stephan Huller »

I don't mind covering that base. I'll use the Toledot Yeshu as my primary evidence.
No. I've already got you slotted in to do the Christianity being invented in the 4th century.
maryhelena

Post by maryhelena »

Leucius Charinus wrote:Take it easy on mh.
Good advise, Pete - ever the gentleman.... :thumbup:
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W.B. Yeats
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

Stephan Huller wrote:Mary why don't you sum the fucking thing up in a sentence. Give me a five second sound bite.
Jesus as Antagonism :P
Clive

Post by Clive »

I am semi serious with proposing the involvement of the hyper rich, much like Elon Musk going into space, let's create a supergod.
"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"