Rory Boid's Comments to Russell Gmirkin on Academia.edu which Reference his Work at this Forum

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
Secret Alias

Rory Boid's Comments to Russell Gmirkin on Academia.edu which Reference his Work at this Forum

Post by Secret Alias »

My message to Russell Gmirkin.

Dear Dr. Gmirkin

You misquote me dishonestly in the Early Writings forum. You say I wrote that the Samaritan Joshua is "secondary and very late". This is dishonest misquotation by omission. I said that the MT and THE PRESENT FORM of the Samaritan Joshua are secondary and very late. You have lied about what I said twice over, once in regard to what I said about the MT and once in regard to what I said about the Samaritan. This second lie has two parts. One is that you leave out my evidence that the ancestor of the Samaritan is more original than the ancestor of the MT. The other is that you leave out my examples of where the PRESENT Samaritan must be older than the MT.

Either you can't read, or you lie about my statements on purpose for the sake of ideology. You make it worse by starting off by saying I know the subject, which is true. I have to protect my academic reputation. So far I haven't looked at this website, but now I will have to get access to it and publicise what is false and what is true.

Why should anyone bother to read your publications if you don't know the difference between academic standards and fantasy, or even between journalism and fantasy, or honest copying and lying?

Ruairidh Bóid
StephenGoranson

Re: Rory Boid's Comments to Russell Gmirkin on Academia.edu which Reference his Work at this Forum

Post by StephenGoranson »

Russell Gmirkin's claim that the first five books of the Hebrew Bible were "composed in their entirely about 273-272 BCE" in Alexandria is also, in my view, quite false. (The quote is from his 2006 Berossus and Genesis book.)

As far as I know, though, Gmirkin is not a Dr. nor has he claimed to be.
billd89

Re: Samaritan Joshua, Source of Ire

Post by billd89 »

So far I haven't looked at this website, but now I will have to get access to it and publicise what is false and what is true.

Ruairidh Bóid
Dear God. Threats, while wringing his hands lol

Umbrage or Outrage? I cannot tell which.