Anicient Israel/Modern ISIS/Al Quida

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
Garon

Anicient Israel/Modern ISIS/Al Quida

Post by Garon »

I'm not a scholar or linguist of Hebrew/Greek or Aramaic. I'm pretty limited even in English (only HS education). But this thought came to me today on Jewish Passover. The Jews (supposedly) left Egypt, spent 40 years training in the desert for warfare. Then attacked the people who lived along the Med sea with gorilla/terrorist actions.
How were they, any different from today's terrorist groups of ISIS/Al Qaida?

I would just like to read your opinions because I haven't read anywhere about a comparison between those groups above.
MrMacSon

Re: Anicient Israel/Modern ISIS/Al Quida

Post by MrMacSon »

Are you referring to the Irgun?
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

Garon wrote:I'm not a scholar or linguist of Hebrew/Greek or Aramaic. I'm pretty limited even in English (only HS education). But this thought came to me today on Jewish Passover. The Jews (supposedly) left Egypt, spent 40 years training in the desert for warfare. Then attacked the people who lived along the Med sea with gorilla/terrorist actions.

I would just like to read your opinions because I haven't read anywhere about a comparison between those groups above.
Your speaking about a literary creation as if it were historical. It is a myth in full.

Reality is Jews have been nothing but beat down and oppressed for about their whole existence.
Garon

Post by Garon »

MrMacSon wrote:Are you referring to the Irgun?
I have no idea what you mean. Igrun?
Garon

Post by Garon »

outhouse wrote:
Garon wrote:I'm not a scholar or linguist of Hebrew/Greek or Aramaic. I'm pretty limited even in English (only HS education). But this thought came to me today on Jewish Passover. The Jews (supposedly) left Egypt, spent 40 years training in the desert for warfare. Then attacked the people who lived along the Med sea with gorilla/terrorist actions.

Your speaking about a literary creation as if it were historical. It is a myth in full.

Reality is Jews have been nothing but beat down and oppressed for about their whole existence.

So when they make up stories about their history they get beat down for it? That's how I read you.

So if that is the case, why don't they (Jews) just admit their whole history of their existence is a made up lie and come clean with the World?
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

Garon wrote:
Well, when you ask a loaded question of the kind you did it has to be assumed that you already know about the modern Jewish resistance movements which sought to overthrow existing institutions using armed tactics.

DCH
Garon

Post by Garon »

DCHindley wrote:
Garon wrote:
Well, when you ask a loaded question of the kind you did it has to be assumed that you already know about the modern Jewish resistance movements which sought to overthrow existing institutions using armed tactics.

DCH
I'm not playing any tricks. The point of the OP is, people today worship the Jews/Hebrews/ whatever name and their gorilla/terrorists tactics recorded in the Bible. Make songs
ie Joshua in the battle of Jericho. But when a modern group of Near/Middle easterners do they same they need to be destroyed. Why?
iskander

Post by iskander »

Garon wrote:...

I'm not playing any tricks. The point of the OP is, people today worship the Jews/Hebrews/ whatever name and their gorilla/terrorists tactics recorded in the Bible. Make songs
ie Joshua in the battle of Jericho. But when a modern group of Near/Middle easterners do they same they need to be destroyed. Why?
Jericho is one story written in a book many years ago. The killings done now are happening now and some people do not like it. Is it difficult to see the difference?
Garon

Post by Garon »

Murder is wrong whether literal or myth writing. I really wonder why Semites in the near and middle East don't take out their Abrahamic brothers who murder their own.
iskander

Post by iskander »

Murder is always wrong and the dead never fight back, but while the murdering is happening the survivors fight back and the law helps them.