Another mythicist Scholar: Nanine Charbonnel

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Joseph D. L.

Re: Another mythicist Scholar: Nanine Charbonnel

Post by Joseph D. L. »

pâlaṭ, paw-lat'; a primitive root; to slip out, i.e. escape; causatively, to deliver:—calve, carry away safe, deliver, (cause to) escape.

underline added

You know, like how the spirit of Christ escapes death at the transmigration, by substituting Simon of Cyrene.

Giuseppe, you're an idiot. Pure and simple.
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

It's clear to anyone with a brain that Pilate is a Johannine stand in for Paul. He does not do what the Jews tell him to do. In Marcion's system, the Christ has to die. He's doing what the Father wants. Even the use of Pontius connects him to the man of Pontus, Marcion.

Anyone, that is, except Giuseppe, who's too busy trying to prove his asinine conspiracy theories to even realize the truth before him. I don't know who's worse. Him, or Charles Wilson.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Joseph D. L. wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:04 am Giuseppe, you're an idiot. Pure and simple.
Apart the fact that I would like so explicit insults against myself only by Secret Alias in this forum: If I am an idiot, I would like not even imagine who are you. Even more so, since you seem not realize which is the point of PLT (assuming it in the intention of the author of the first gospel).

A little help for the your weak level of understanding: It is not Simon of Cyrene to be freed by Pilate. It is Barabbas.
He's doing what the Father wants.
again wrong, as usual. Read this:
As Master of the world, the Devil is the source from whence emanates all political authority. To Pilate who boasts of the power of his will to put to death or to deliver him, the Johannine Christ replies (19:11) "You could have no power against me except it were given to you from above". Then he adds: "This is why the one who delivers me to you commits a greater sin". This answer contains two assertions. The first, we learn that Pilate holds his authority "from above", which is from a Being superior to men, from a Being to which he is a lieutenant and to whom he must do obedience. According to the second assertion it is this superior Being, this Being "above" who delivered the Christ to Pilate his lieutenant; and "this is why" the responsibility of Pilate in the death of Christ is mitigated. The great culprit is this Being "above", who placed his proxy Pilate in an inextricable situation. This Being "above" who is fierce against the Christ to the point of delivering him to Pilate, is "the Enemy", the Devil. He appears to us here as the sovereign holder of political authority of which he gave a parcel to the Roman governor. And it is in the logic of things, since "the whole world is in the power of Evil One" and that this Evil One is the prince of this world.

http://sgwau2cbeginnings.blogspot.com/p ... ge_25.html (my bold)
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.